"Because This Is How I Am" - SER / Morrissey Central (24 May, 2019)

Because This Is How I Am. - Morrissey Central
May 24, 2019

full

BECAUSE THIS IS HOW I AM

"in early old age could I please express very sincere thanks to BBC Radio 2 for their broad-shouldered support given to "California Son", "Wedding Bell Blues" and "It's Over". Whatever the future brings, I will always remember Radio 2's steady support during these rocky weeks - especially from Jo Whiley.

I am sorry the UK print media's contorted interpretation of who and what I am has gone all wrong. In these days when most people are afraid to even whisper, the print media write as if someone is coming to get them. This aching nervousness brings on the vengeful and paranoid. Inventing Britain's doomsday is the preoccupation of the tabloids, and they can hate you for having lived.

I straighten up, and my position is one of hope. The march backwards is over, and life has begun again. With voice extended to breaking point, I call for the prosperity of free speech; the eradication of totalitarian control; I call for diversity of opinion; I call for the total abolition of the abattoir; I call for peace, above all; I call for civil society; I call for a so-far unknowable end to brutalities; "No" to Soviet Britain; prayers not to gods but to forces; an end to disingenuous media cluelessness; the people have the power; hatred and beheadings belong in the furnace of history; music might still be your only friend; for every shade and persuasion ... we shall always be alongside each other - everyone's culture of value; no more fashionable outrage; cows are friends to humans - don't kill them; beware of those who write in headlines; moral fiber means holding on ... to your friends; give up on inferior arguments; God gave you your life to enjoy - you will cry for your life in years to come ... death always answers back; do not be a nobody; you have survived this far in order to make the remainder peaceful and funny; your very survival proves that you have a right; ignore the cold eyes of fascism; your life is Art." #morrissey

24 May 2019

Thanks to Sam for sharing!

UPDATE May 25:

Also posted on Morrissey Official Facebook:

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Read it. Then read it again.

Words as wallpaper. Pure flannel. He is saying absolutely nothing. This is not the Morrissey I know. He used to be direct and straight to the point. However, in defence of himself right now, he is mealy mouthed and makes absolutely no points at all. This is a cloak of cliches.

Agreed

So proud of Morrissey. He's a true pioneer of free speech and opinion.

People of his stature usually say nothing that could even potentially jeopardize their careers. He has always stayed true to what he believes. And he has always had a romantic love for England. A country currently being destroyed brick by brick.

Nicely written. A poem or chant, but not a rant. The sentiment is fine, with sentient lines. Moz tilts the reading lamp to dispel the shadows he recently cast.
His next statement should be more direct to help clear the air.

aww, the 21st century after Christ, we've all lived to see it, the passionately non violent racist :paranoid:
and I do believe he's passionate about being non violent most of the time* but supporting the kinds of politics he does inevitably leads to violence, either he is just too dumb to see this or would prefer to be clueless :cool:

*=excepting what he'd like to have happen to certain ex band mates, journos and a site Admin or 2 :p

Oh f*** off. Most people work nine to five if they're lucky, bet he has never cleaned an oven, changed the duvet, just f***, f*** off you absolute smarmy prick. Stuff your pontificating up your arse.

The whole point is that Morrissey came from a working class background in the north of England (he ticked those boxes). He has lived alone for decades and is a very private person.., so, I would assume that he has cleaned an oven and on at least several occasions changed the duvet cover. You can still support peace and love whilst doing the dishes.... didn’t you know? If you’re not too busy watching Love Island..
Also, are you suggesting that Morrissey hasn’t worked? He’s been in the music business since 1982 (37 years) had you not noticed? Or is that not work.?... it’s your cue Mr Knopfler....
Also, Morrissey is not pontificating. He’s making a statement and expressing an opinion.
Get your maths homework done then come back with a better thought out response..
Pilgrimupnorth

So proud of Morrissey. He's a true pioneer of free speech and opinion.

People of his stature usually say nothing that could even potentially jeopardize their careers. He has always stayed true to what he believes. And he has always had a romantic love for England. A country currently being destroyed brick by brick.
I agree. I listened to an “interview” with Lewis Capaldi on the radio the other day. He could hardly string a sentence together. He was embarrassingly inarticulate. It was all “like” and “know what I mean”., then he played live and I couldn’t even make out the lyrics.. then I hear today that his album is selling massive amounts.. I feel sorry for Morrissey and anyone with half a braincell trying to speak up in the music business. Don’t get me started on that ginger one with the glasses..
Pilgrimupnorth

Check it out @ordinaryboy86 HMV have their own musical shrine for Mozzer. Just proves not every mainstream chain is bending over to left wing political correctness. God damn, I wanna slap the shit out of all you whiney toerags. :handfist:

I’m not whining about stocking his records, i don’t care. I just thought it was hilarious how all you mozbots were triggered over the Spillers incident, the amount you’s laid into the owner, when it’s her store and she can do damn well what she wants. You really see the nasty side of people’s characters on here when your beloved Moz is opposed. It really is a dangerous type of fanaticism. It’s actually quite scary and makes me wonder how many people on here are genuinely carrying some type of mental illness.

I’m not whining about stocking his records, i don’t care. I just thought it was hilarious how all you mozbots were triggered over the Spillers incident, the amount you’s laid into the owner, when it’s her store and she can do damn well what she wants. You really see the nasty side of people’s characters on here when your beloved Moz is opposed. It really is a dangerous type of fanaticism. It’s actually quite scary and makes me wonder how many people on here are genuinely carrying some type of mental illness.
Its ironic you use the word "triggered" over this particular article, since all your lefty millennials get triggered over politics to the point that you want an artist's music and poster banned cause they have a different opinion, or rather the wrong opinion.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom