Morrissey Central "Being Dead Changes You" by Morrissey (April 22, 2020)

Morrissey Central: "Being Dead Changes You" - April 22, 2020

images_wftses.jpg

"Genesis P-Orridge was born in Manchester but wasn't ever a part of the Manchester scene. A few weeks ago he died at the age of 70, although, to his credit, he looked more like a very well preserved 365-year old - which was nice. He was a multifarious non-musician who never lost his strangeness, and who was viciously attacked by the British tabloids because he (perhaps like they) enjoyed 'indecent' books. His albums with Throbbing Gristle have an overdeveloped erotic sensitivity, all of which he made appear to be, in fact, quite nice. He gave without reservation, making music at 19 years old until his recent days as a nightmare teenager of 70.
Since none of his emotions were manufactured he was therefore never of interest to the power arms of the music industry. His singing voice, it's quite true, could behead roses, and his musicians often made the mistake of confusing chemicals with creativity. And it was all quite nice. Genesis P-Orridge had an extra eye (artistically so) - and your mocking laughter soon dissolved into a magnetic attraction for someone of wide culture and colossal memory.
Obviously he saw our chosen obedient way of living as a sterile hell (for who wouldn't?), and his concept of talent utilized almost anything as a possible musical instrument : whatever you need to save you is right there within you. This, also, was quite nice. Eventually he became the women he loved. Genesis became trans-Something - as if his body would now duplicate precisely what it desired in others. Often this made him look as if in the 10th month of a strenuous pregnancy, but it didn't matter very much. He had the ability to make everything seem alright, and perhaps without realizing it himself, he was very nice. After all, why remain as a fixed image … from forceps to funeral?"

Morrissey, 22 April 2020

Regards,
FWD.

Genesis became trans-Something - as if his body would now duplicate precisely what it desired in others. Often this made him look as if in the 10th month of a strenuous pregnancy...

That 'trans-something' and his negative joke about pregnancy is utterly disgusting. Again, not measuring his words. Any transgender person and woman should be offended. An he called himself in the past a feminist? And he likes to presume of being intelligent and cultivated? No really! He sounds like an old fashion grumpy countryside bigot! Not surprised though!
View attachment 56073
Do you actually know who was Genesis???
"Trans-Something" would be a good definition.

Genesis was using the expression Pandrogine and in most cases the expression "S/he".

Calling Genesis a "transgender" would be inaccurate, he never wanted to leave her manhood behind... Quite far from a "traditional transgender".

Saying that she looked as an absurd pregnant woman would be accurate, probably something he desired. She was very much into a constant search for the grotesque... And doing things like permanently coating each one of his teeth in gold... Because she has had a dream about it and it was so absurd that she decided to make it real.

If you knew who was Genesis, you would also know how glad he would have been if he had read this article.

She never wanted to be a woman.
She always wanted to be a woman.

Inform yourself!

As opposed to getting offended in a nonsensical way, maybe it's ok to understand what Genesis thought about it.
S/he actually recorded a manifesto:

If after watching the 3 parts you think that what Morrissey wrote is not a tender homage and you think that it's "politically incorrect"... Probably Gen in his own Heaven would laugh and simply think: "of course, some people seems to never really get it".

(Other than that, I have shared the article with some close friends of him who probably have zero interest in Morrissey because they are into a quite different music... And they LOVED it).

From what I know he's been quietly around the scene since always. Needs must. Where else are you going to find a boyfriend? Or Drag Queens?
Doesnt mean he considers himself part of it.
In fact he would loathe the rainbow wings. You speak with such confidence about stuff you know nothing of.
But then you used to have another name on here, everyone got your number and you changed it.
Im still laughing about you claiming morrissey wasn't a major recording artist.
You do that alot, take a stance and stick by it even though you are proven wrong.
Still not as bad as your friend pip makinga themselves look foolish with their morrissey hasn't been with another man and is in no way gay argument.

Some of my best friends say and do things I may not agree with, but I still love them.

btw, I have no heroes

:tiphat:
Km
I knew Gen professionally, and I worked them on occasion.

I have to say that I'm surprised and gratified that Morrissey decided to put in a good word (even if it is a bit late, and a wee bit condescending).

Gen was radical and singular (and plural). A true original who often pushed things as far as they could go, then pushed them some more. Gen could be volatile, difficult and abusive, but nonetheless they opened minds and third eyes. Live, Throbbing Gristle and Psychic TV often punched a hole in the world as we know it.

"Nightmare teenager at 70" is hilarious, and on-target.

Gen went places Morrissey could only imagine.
And vice versa.

He's a really good writer when he is writing about someone or something that he has affection for. Not so much when he is discussing the state of the world.
I'm not sure moz was a fan of his music and I think he saw his "trans" nature for what it was body self-loathing, I think he did see him as a true artist though and respected that.

Doesnt mean he considers himself part of it.
In fact he would loathe the rainbow wings. You speak with such confidence about stuff you know nothing of.
But then you used to have another name on here, everyone got your number and you changed it.
Im still laughing about you claiming morrissey wasn't a major recording artist.
You do that alot, take a stance and stick by it even though you are proven wrong.
Still not as bad as your friend pip makinga themselves look foolish with their morrissey hasn't been with another man and is in no way gay argument.

Ach, you wee soul.

I knew Gen professionally, and I worked them on occasion.

I have to say that I'm surprised and gratified that Morrissey decided to put in a good word (even if it is a bit late, and a wee bit condescending).

Gen was radical and singular (and plural). A true original who often pushed things as far as they could go, then pushed them some more. Gen could be volatile, difficult and abusive, but nonetheless they opened minds and third eyes. Live, Throbbing Gristle and Psychic TV often punched a hole in the world as we know it.

"Nightmare teenager at 70" is hilarious, and on-target.

Gen went places Morrissey could only imagine.
Having worked with Gen... Would you say that Gen would have liked or disliked this short piece of text? Would you say that Gen would have felt offended or gratified?

(I think the questions are stupid, but some people are not getting it).

Having worked with Gen... Would you say that Gen would have liked or disliked this short piece of text? Would you say that Gen would have felt offended or gratified?

(I think the questions are stupid, but some people are not getting it).

It all depends on whether Gen had been drinking. But that's a cheap answer.

I think Gen would have had a good chuckle at the clever bits, rolled their eyes at the silly bits, sighed, and have done with it.

It all depends on whether Gen had been drinking. But that's a cheap answer.

I think Gen would have had a good chuckle at the clever bits, rolled their eyes at the silly bits, sighed, and have done with it.
Oh yes.... you made me remember of his gesture, his way of rolling up the eyes to the sky.
It is usually a gesture I don't like, but it looked incredibly cute in him.
I think it was natural, but it looked as if he had rehearsed it during several incarnations as to achieve the perfection of rolling up the eyes.

(I think that if S/he was alive, s/he may have said that Morrissey is a psychick individual and Morrissey would have been... extremely confused... but those were the ways of Gen!)

These three paragraphs possibly M's most significant artistic achievement since... the sleevenotes to Under the Influence.
Sure, why not use the word birth instead of forceps?
Because he shows once again, clearly,
that he is an insensitive crass knownothing.
The official head boy of knownothingness.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom