MuteWitness616

Enjoyable
Cope with stressful situations
Relaxing
Combats boredom
Keeps weight down
Helps focus
Fights loneliness and depression

The nicotine in your cigarettes acts like an anti-anxiety and anti-depressant medication

It's weird, smoking does have benefits... I thought it was all bad

cigarettes make you look wicked cool.

0005295.jpg

true

Last edited by a moderator:
it helps you make friends when you are at a bar b/c since you can't smoke inside anymore all the smokers are shunned outside or a special little area, so it makes it easy to strike up a conversation with someone.

it helps you make friends when you are at a bar b/c since you can't smoke inside anymore all the smokers are shunned outside or a special little area, so it makes it easy to strike up a conversation with someone.

Same goes for chemo clinics. You meet all kinds there.

Actually the nicotine does seem from people I know stop you from getting colds and virus' which is a good trade off for the old lung cancer I guess.:rolleyes:Not much consalation when your attached to a oxygen tank in your twilight years though.

The best thing they ever did in NYC was ban smoking inside of bars and restaraunts. I no longer go home reeking of smoke when all I wanted to do was get a bite to eat or drink.

Pretty cool except for that one pesky side effect. What was it again?

Horrible death through cancer?
Having parts of your body cut off after they lose the ability to circulate blood through the extremities?

The best thing they ever did in NYC was ban smoking inside of bars and restaraunts. I no longer go home reeking of smoke when all I wanted to do was get a bite to eat or drink.

I am SO glad that smoking was banned in enclosed public buildings here a few years ago. I hate breathing in and stinking of other people's smoke, it makes me feel sick.

I'm in a dilemma, which would I rather have?

A horrible death from cancer at an age where my brain still works?

OR

A horrible long lingering death lasting anything up to 20 years as a Alzheimer ridden vegetable who shits myself 50 times a day?

It's a tough choice.

One benefit of smoking by the way: The billions of pounds/dollars paid by smokers to the Goverment in tobacco tax. The billions of pounds/dollars that MASSIVELY outweigh the amount of money spent treating smoking related illnesses. £5 billion cost to the NHS per year against £8 billion paid in tax according to recently released figures.

But hey, I won't badger you into smoking if you'll stop badgering me about not doing it.

Smokers don't require nearly as much social security after retirement, if at all. We non-smokers appreciate the sacrifices you are making for us.

hmmmm

Enjoyable
Cope with stressful situations
Relaxing
Combats boredom
Keeps weight down
Helps focus
Fights loneliness and depression

The nicotine in your cigarettes acts like an anti-anxiety and anti-depressant medication

cigarettes make you look wicked cool.

Very childish observations indeed.

I don't think smoking is cool thing to do.
Many of my friends who smoke (or used to smoke) told me that they started smoking because they're often looked down by adults.

Smoking doesn't make you look cool, but fool.

Back
Top Bottom