Bergen, Norway - Grieghallen (Aug. 6, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / Staircase At The University / Have-A-Go Merchant / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Meat Is Murder / It’s Hard To Walk Tall When You’re Small / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / All You Need Is Me / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Jack The Ripper / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Oboe Concerto // Let Me Kiss You / Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by Sarcasmos.

• Photo: @uursuus / Twitter. Link posted by docinwestchester.

38915_bergen.jpg

Last edited:
What a sad life you must lead, spending time telling lies on a web site?

whats wrong with you? Moz is not that big of a star that he can sell out small venues. hes more of a cult huma artist, didnt you read the fellows post that said there were SIX EMPTY SEATS IN A ROW right in front of him?

Dear Solow numpties, I've not been on here for a while, but as I am holed up in Bergen awaiting a flight home, I thought I would pop in & see what you're all up to in your dark cave. Good to see nothing has changed.
Last night's concert was sublime, just sublime, but that isn't what you want to hear or believe. Despite the bullshit on here, let me assure you that the concert WAS completely sold out and the audience loved it. The songs from WPINOYB are every bit as popular as the old stuff, with Staircase and Oboe in particular being well received; Oboe Concerto really is a work of art, and if you've ever wondered what song it is that Moz has stuck in his head that he can't stand, it's Rock & Roll Part II by Gary Glitter - at least, that's what he told me, but he does tend to lie quite a bit - do you remember those lies he told about not being behind MorrissetsWorld? I can't believe people actually believed him about that, it's all so blatantly obvious now, and only a complete and utter moron could still dismiss it as fake... good afternoon Uncle Skincream. Where was I? Oh yes, the set last night was incredible, and our hero was looking and sounding in top form. The reason I have particularly come here today is to tell you about It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small. WHAT A SONG. Forget your whinging about ticket prices, if you get to see/hear this song live, let me tell you, you would pay whatever it took. Oscar Wilde lives and breathes as Steven P Morrissey.
You're gonna miss him when he's gone, you know.
Anyway, I'm bored now, so I'm off. Watch out for plenty of blue roses on this tour - Moz refused mine last night; he always does, but he took one & wore it in 2012, and 2013, and 2014, and 2015, so I'm pretty sure he'll take one from someone this year... you have all noticed he's been taking and wearing blue roses for 4 years, haven't you? Haven't you? Only a totally misguided fool could STILL try and deny that Morrissey formed the Blue Rose Society... good afternoon Uncle Skincream.
WAKE UP WAKE UP - it's never too late to join Morrissey's very own blue rose society.

*Goes off singing* I attack from the back

TRB
Bergen
Aug 7 2016

It doesnt get any gayer than 'numpties', that is super gay. Come to think of it the Blue Rose Oscar Wilde Society is probably gayer. I mean, no humas only gay dudes in there. Nobody else wants to ruin their existence by joining that ridiculous blog.

Why cant you admit that Moz cant sell out a show? There are rows of empy seats in a mere 34 row venue

dear anon, as for how gay people are for sporting a blue rose, well you couldn't be more wrong, as for the few empty seats, did you notice the couple of dozen people stood at the front, now where did you think they came from.. answers on a postcard please

oh and dear anon, I forgot to leave my name, all the best Manc Lad

All tickets in grieghallen was seated ones. It was a lot of people that went to the front to stand up instead, thats why a lot of seats were empty.

Does anyone have any youtube video from the show? Please post if so, thanks

The merch division (Sherman Oaks office) of The Morrissey Marketing Group LTD did a good job. The fans want Kill Uncle Morrissey and Smiths Morrissey, not old Morrissey and they got it. Good job Dale and Brennan, now who said you guys were only good at fetching KerryGold.

Thanks, Uncle Skinny.
Never cared much for "It's Hard To Walk Tall When You Are Small" but this version is really great! His voice is excellent and the passion and the dramatic presentation gives it a completely new meaning. And a certain tragic swing. At least for me. When I first listened to the the track released as a bonus-track on "You Are The Quarry", it seemed to be a more or less ironic take. Not unfunny but nothing more. Now it has a more emotional and tragic sense. Really great song now. I am interested in your opinion. Thanks again for sharing.
Gerrit

At least the mid-set placement of "Meat is Murder" was considerate of him. Gives people a chance to take a leak and get another beer.

I think his voice on this is outstanding. As for the song...I dunno. Nice to hear it like this. I feel partly responsible, since I posted the version, after a kind donor sent it to me. But that's a little self-aggrandising. I hope Spencer will be happy.

Hmmm... you haven't been in Bergen, have you?
This was not a crowd of "curious locals" - but 1638 quite dedicated fans/loyal listeners of Smiths/Moz. And loads of bands play Bergen (June/july this year: Wilco, Band of Horses, Sigur Ros, Paul McCartney, Lionel Ritchie (!), Wolf Alice, Ghost, Cast, Biffo Clyro, Mercury Rev among others...

And A-ha is shit

Why does he feel the need to advertise selling out minor venues in places like Bergen where curious locals will go and watch almost anyone who's kind enough to make the trek up over mountain & up fjord to entertain them? I'm sure most people there weren't Morrissey 'fans' and couldn't give a toss about setlists, he's just a vaguely notorious 80s singer and a bit of a change from an a-ha gig, but obviously not as good as an a-ha gig.

Now I know he just doesn't give a shit anymore. He is playing outside of the USA and he is ignoring the directive to play "America is not the World" and "Far off places" if the U S A doesn't bomb you....There go the sellouts at the Adolf Eichman Hotel lobby and Kazakstain Human Foosball stadium.

dear anon, as for how gay people are for sporting a blue rose, well you couldn't be more wrong, as for the few empty seats, did you notice the couple of dozen people stood at the front, now where did you think they came from.. answers on a postcard please

the dozen people up front were the GA, ffs, a very small area that you had to had a ticket for, due to most Moz fans not being able to stand for an extended period of time. you will notice that every tour it shrinks further.
Every 'sold out' show has empty rows.
i cant think of a gayer activity than hanging at the Blue Rose "Oscar Wilde" Society Blog, its more than super gay it approaches mega gay. the guy who runs it uses the word 'numptie' ffs.

Question...am planning a road trip to see him and am wondering two things (train timing issue):

1. Approximately what time did he go on after first band?
2. Approximately how long did he play?

Thanks in advance!

Cant find your post, there were but 34 rows in this 'venue'? And there were empty rows?
Obviously you dont have eyes on top of your head to view the empty seats.

It's a really small venue (Bergen is a tiny city of less than 300,000 people!). The sound was absolutely superb though, I'd certainly recommend it as a venue! Loved every minute.

Question...am planning a road trip to see him and am wondering two things (train timing issue):

1. Approximately what time did he go on after first band?
2. Approximately how long did he play?

Thanks in advance!

Apart from Manchester gig and Gothenburg festival, there is no opening act.

He will be on stage roughly 21:00 and usually plays 90 minutes set.

Despite the few videos of the event and their low quality, it is noticeable how good sounds Morrissey's voice. The band sounds great, too. Peak point. I'm so happy for them.

Last edited:
This was not a crowd of "curious locals" - but 1638 quite dedicated fans/loyal listeners of Smiths/Moz. And loads of bands play Bergen (June/july this year: Wilco, Band of Horses, Sigur Ros, Paul McCartney, Lionel Ritchie (!), Wolf Alice, Ghost, Cast, Biffo Clyro, Mercury Rev among others...

And A-ha is shit
a-ha is definitely not shit. They are rather quite underrated. They tend to make soaring, atmospheric pop songs with strong melodies and hooks. Just listen to Stay On These Roads or Cosy Prisons. Or Forest Fire, taken from their latest album.

And A-ha is shit

I haven't been to Bergen for years. Other than Paul McCartney (and Lionel Ritchie !) all those acts are pretty B list, Morrissey's now Z list.

I wonder how may songs the average punter in Bergen last night had ever even heard before? Or would bother to try to hear again after shrugging off 'no Smiths songs' with a few beers?

I'm delighted to read that 'In July 2016, the band announced they had enough raw material for a fourth album which they will begin recording in the fall.' I would happily travel back to Norway to watch the return of Kings of Convenience.

I note with amusement that Morrissey is still singing the ridiculous 'Scandinavia' and in Bergen of all places. As my Norwegian friend Harald scoffed in a bar in Copenhagen as he tried to make himself understood to drunken Danes, there is as much affinity between the various Nordic tribes as there is on these isles: which isn't much at all. Does ANYBODY in the Nordic region even use the word 'Scandinavia' anymore, outside of tourist tat to lure gullible types like Morrissey?

a-ha have returned with great panache, if only Morrissey could be so silent, inscrutable & absent for a while. There's a very funny story about Morrissey and Morten in New Orleans.....Morten always had The Voice that Morrissey dreamed of so it's no surprise Moz was obsessed with him for reasons other than Morten's incandescent beauty. Morten still looks handsome whilst sadly Morrissey now actually looks like the troll that he is. Karma is a bitch.

a-ha - Under The Makeup

Danish Language (norwegian tv show)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom