Bergen, Norway - Grieghallen (Aug. 6, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / Staircase At The University / Have-A-Go Merchant / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Meat Is Murder / It’s Hard To Walk Tall When You’re Small / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / All You Need Is Me / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Jack The Ripper / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Oboe Concerto // Let Me Kiss You / Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by Sarcasmos.

• Photo: @uursuus / Twitter. Link posted by docinwestchester.

38915_bergen.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. I've been following this forum for information for this tour cause I'm gonna see him live for the first time next week in Berlin. I am actually really enthusiastic about it and while I, too, am a bit disappointed about the lack of Smiths songs I can't beliebe how negative and full of hate some on here are. Why do people come here only to hate? Don't you have something better to do in your life? I was thinking about avoiding this now because ot spoils it for me. Sad for a "fan" forum (apparently). I don't mean you should never criticise but hell, some of you are more miserable and negative than Morrissey himself (if you wanna call him that)!

Viva Hate. Etc.

Welcome to the 'hateful online creche'. It's just how we roll. Don't take it personally, leave that to hissy fit diva bitch Morrissey.

Dear Solow numpties, I've not been on here for a while, but as I am holed up in Bergen awaiting a flight home, I thought I would pop in & see what you're all up to in your dark cave. Good to see nothing has changed.
Last night's concert was sublime, just sublime, but that isn't what you want to hear or believe. Despite the bullshit on here, let me assure you that the concert WAS completely sold out and the audience loved it. The songs from WPINOYB are every bit as popular as the old stuff, with Staircase and Oboe in particular being well received; Oboe Concerto really is a work of art, and if you've ever wondered what song it is that Moz has stuck in his head that he can't stand, it's Rock & Roll Part II by Gary Glitter - at least, that's what he told me, but he does tend to lie quite a bit - do you remember those lies he told about not being behind MorrissetsWorld? I can't believe people actually believed him about that, it's all so blatantly obvious now, and only a complete and utter moron could still dismiss it as fake... good afternoon Uncle Skincream. Where was I? Oh yes, the set last night was incredible, and our hero was looking and sounding in top form. The reason I have particularly come here today is to tell you about It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small. WHAT A SONG. Forget your whinging about ticket prices, if you get to see/hear this song live, let me tell you, you would pay whatever it took. Oscar Wilde lives and breathes as Steven P Morrissey.
You're gonna miss him when he's gone, you know.
Anyway, I'm bored now, so I'm off. Watch out for plenty of blue roses on this tour - Moz refused mine last night; he always does, but he took one & wore it in 2012, and 2013, and 2014, and 2015, so I'm pretty sure he'll take one from someone this year... you have all noticed he's been taking and wearing blue roses for 4 years, haven't you? Haven't you? Only a totally misguided fool could STILL try and deny that Morrissey formed the Blue Rose Society... good afternoon Uncle Skincream.
WAKE UP WAKE UP - it's never too late to join Morrissey's very own blue rose society.

*Goes off singing* I attack from the back

TRB
Bergen
Aug 7 2016

Oh dear. Morrissey has robbed many artist's graves. It's sad as Oscar isn't here to answer back but I think one can be fairly sure that he'd find Morrissey utterly contemptible for shamelessly cherry-picking genuinely radical art for piffling pop music made purely to try and gain fame and fortune. Morrissey may have gained a modest fortune but he isn't famous, never was and never will be. The idea that he'll be remembered in a century is beyond fatuous.

Hmmm... you haven't been in Bergen, have you?
This was not a crowd of "curious locals" - but 1638 quite dedicated fans/loyal listeners of Smiths/Moz. And loads of bands play Bergen (June/july this year: Wilco, Band of Horses, Sigur Ros, Paul McCartney, Lionel Ritchie (!), Wolf Alice, Ghost, Cast, Biffo Clyro, Mercury Rev among others...

And A-ha is shit

I love wilco. they put in a great show and it didn't hurt that I got to see them with Dylan and my morning jacket. Sigur ros are also consistency great. Didn't know Buffy Clyro were still going

Oh dear. Morrissey has robbed many artist's graves. It's sad as Oscar isn't here to answer back but I think one can be fairly sure that he'd find Morrissey utterly contemptible for shamelessly cherry-picking genuinely radical art for piffling pop music made purely to try and gain fame and fortune. Morrissey may have gained a modest fortune but he isn't famous, never was and never will be. The idea that he'll be remembered in a century is beyond fatuous.

Oh BB, it is probably time for you to let it go now...you are beginning to sound like a nut job. Don't get me wrong, compared to BaldingBenny and WeirdUncleTwonk, you are a genius and always worth a read...but enough now. You are on the verge of being a bit boring and damaging your legacy...a bit like Moz, I guess.

Sublime?
Have a go merchant with great sounding guitars?
From what we can hear from yesterday, have a go merchant is crap. I saw him'played that in Pompey in 95 and it was much better Guitars and rythm.
Anyway the best line up post Alan Whyte was with the Walker Twins ans C . Pooley circa 2008.
The setlist goes with the recent interviews : dull.
Moz con is your business

Any chance Mozza will have a show in early Sept in LA? There is a large gap between shows, and we miss him so much.....:sweet:

I totally agree with Longtime Fan on this one. The set has been the same for so long now with just one or two changes here and there. How long will Paris and MIM remain in the set? The World Peace songs with one or two exceptions drag live...For someone with one of the greatest back catalogues of all time it blows my mind that he just goes out and plays the same songs over and over again. Is it just pure laziness,does he really not care, too tight to pay for rehearsal time for band to learn new set ? who knows . i know of no other artist with over thirty years of music behind them who does this . Problem is also that he charges arena price for tickets but doesn't give the show to back it up. I'm not talking about a greatest hits show, that would be lame but christ this set is total boredom. .

please don't tell me that Matt Walker is still doing the utterly contrived and embarrassing drum kit "trashing" at the end of the set still as well

They stayed 10 days rehearsing in Bergen before the gig this time

Oh BB, it is probably time for you to let it go now...you are beginning to sound like a nut job. Don't get me wrong, compared to BaldingBenny and WeirdUncleTwonk, you are a genius and always worth a read...but enough now. You are on the verge of being a bit boring and damaging your legacy...a bit like Moz, I guess.

I am not a 'nut job' . 'BrummieBoy' is a channeled entity and these words come via the Ouija courtesy of Zozo. There is nobody writing this, it is just happening: automatic writing/left-hand path. The man whose body and mind is being used as a vehicle for 'BrummieBoy' has absolutely no idea that he types these words. He is totally oblivious to all this. As far as he knows, he's never posted a single word on the internet. He would be very shocked and upset if he ever found out that he is being used in this way, but he will never find out. If anyone tried to do that he'd just assume he was suffering from mental illness, that he was a 'nut-job' and would sign himself into a mental hospital. He doesn't even listen to Morrissey. Right now he is listening to Overdur by Sigur Ros, the 24 hour version. He thinks he's asleep but as you can see, he's not. There is no legacy but you are right, there is indeed genius at work within these words. True artists just create, they do not care what happens with the outcome, they just let it go. The man whose body and mind is being used for this purpose is a genuine genius of historic importance but as far as he's concerned he will go to his grave without any ever knowing that, leaving only a mysterious series of vapour trails to indicate his presence on this planet. But when he has gone and the vault is opened, the world will gasp in shock and awe. At least that is what Zozo tells us as these words form on the board. But who knows, perhaps this has all been a ruse, a joke, a piss-take. Possibly. Maybe. But anyone of discernment reading all this knows that something very, very extraordinary has been taking shape and that one day the world will realise what all these words typed on autopilot were leading up to....but that's enough for now. The board is quiet. Goodnight.

I too, came to the site this morning to check out the setlist for this summer's tour and again expected (hoped) it would have had a shake up. The last time I saw him in Finlandia talo, Helsinki, in 2014 he played an very similar setlist.

Although I am happy to see the inclusion of The World is Full of Crashing Bores and Irish Blood, English Heart from one of his best solo albums without doubt. Maybe there's space for First of the Gang?

I'm not sure if he is only playing Scandinavia because this is where he's touring now? Also difficult to understand why he plays B-Side All You Need is Me. Surely fairly weak B-sides.

Well, here's hoping for a good set at Flow Festival here in Helsinki next weekend. This is the place for Moz fans to dissect and critique every aspect of the Moz gig experience, no need for politeness with ticket prices as they stand.
All You Need Is Me is a single, not a B side.

I think that is a good set list. The last time I saw him Smiler With Knife and My Dearest Love were the duds for me.

You're a f***ing freak, Wratten.

Agreed Skinny.

This guy is such a psychotic nutbag who is so caught up in this fantasy BRS bullshit. He talks about how people cannot think or see for themselves, yet he is following Morrissey's every word and deed with blind ardour that defies logic.

I find it funny that he laments the days of MorrisseysWorld blog--especially since I have taken over that domain many moons ago.

If anyone who has a creative use for that, message me. I would love to give it some content.

have a go merchant from bergen sounds like the Flinstones are the backing band.

the dozen people up front were the GA, ffs, a very small area that you had to had a ticket for, due to most Moz fans not being able to stand for an extended period of time. you will notice that every tour it shrinks further.
Every 'sold out' show has empty rows.
i cant think of a gayer activity than hanging at the Blue Rose "Oscar Wilde" Society Blog, its more than super gay it approaches mega gay. the guy who runs it uses the word 'numptie' ffs.
i know of two people who were in that area and they came out of the seats, I can see why you would think that colonel whiskers would be running the blue thingy but it actually runs itself, he just reports on it all on his blog.ML

Unlike the swedish video man Benny knows what year it is now. I suppose the swedish marxist with balkan surname uses drugs like all his marxists friends and cannot count or type so no wonder he got the year wrong by 2 years, that is some kind of achievement.

I love your supposition and you too. Sherlock Holmes would be proud. ;) :thumb:"/the Swedish marxist with balkan surname"

I am not a 'nut job'

The sad thing about Bummie, as has been pointed out many times before, is that he lacks the self-awareness to see that he is EVERYTHING he accuses Morrissey of being (tiresome, faded, jaded, not as good as he used to be, past it, boring, hectoring, lecturing, repetitive, hated, hateful, excruciating prose style, desperate, attention-seeking, full of vitriol and bile), but without any of the the talent or the influential legacy.

For how many years now has Bummie been confidently announcing the end of Morrissey's career...? Must be nearly ten?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom