Best morrissey song for heartbreak

How Soon is Now (It is angry, depressed, and lonely, perfect for heartbreak.)

Certainly, this song really deserved to be part of Southpaw Grammar - and now the justice is done.

It has indeed! And I am a very happy person! :lbf:
Edit: Hey don't forget! Honey, You Know Where to Find Me! AMAZING TRACK!

it depends on the type of heartbreak but in Late Night, Maudlin Street and Break Up The Family he is at is best, and I think they are about the same time period and people, so it's hard to separate them. I'm back to thinking Viva Hate is his best record.

It has indeed! And I am a very happy person! :lbf:
Edit: Hey don't forget! Honey, You Know Where to Find Me! AMAZING TRACK!

I loves this track too. It's an amazing song.
D'you like Fantastic Bird?

it depends on the type of heartbreak but in Late Night, Maudlin Street and Break Up The Family he is at is best, and I think they are about the same time period and people, so it's hard to separate them. I'm back to thinking Viva Hate is his best record.

Yeah..Viva Hate is an album 'bout rupture - and of course you can use all meanings of this word - and I do believe that Morrissey'd laid it on the line in each song he's sung on VH. Maybe I am wrong, but it's only my own way of seeing the thing he'd made w/ VH.

"Still ill" by the smiths is a heartbreak song

"I'm not sorry" from "you are the quarry" it's what I call a heartbreak song.

Both really give me that feel.
I've never dated so I'm just guessing.:crazy:
When I listen to those songs I feel like I'm breaking up with Morrissey.:tears:

Yes I do like Fantastic Bird! I don't like many album tracks of his but I do like it! Still Ill a heartbreak song? Hmm...Johnny Marr makes it too happy, if it is!

I Know Very Well How I Got My Name

Any song by The Smiths would work just fine to remind me that no matter how broken my heart is, mine is far from the worst break-up in history.

Having recently experienced heartbreak i can confirm that ANY Morrissey / Smiths track does the job. I've been listening to him religiously since things ended, and to begin with There Is A Light... was the song for me, bit as of this morning Pretty Girls Make Graves hit home the hardest, especially the line 'Then, on the sand, Another man, he takes her hand, A smile lights up her stupid face, I lost my faith in Womanhood.....etc'. Having listened to him constantly, i can honestly say that Moz has helped me through this hellish last 2 months, i owe him big time.

Back
Top Bottom