BG Entertainment abandons negotiations to bring Morrissey to Buenos Aires (due to Spacey comments)

Please excuse the long, scrappy nature of this information: it is all in Spanish and needed translation and is from various locations - which is beyond ironic given the gentleman concerned is relying on the 'iffy' translation from a German newspaper!
Daniel Grinbank is a huge music mogul / promoter / football club owner and has put on many, many iconic gigs like the Stones in Rio and practically all major musical artists.

Silencio via Google translate:
"Through his Twitter account, Daniel Grinbank claimed that his production company DG Entertainment abandoned negotiations for Morrissey to play in Buenos Aires after the controversial sayings of the singer in defense of Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein became known.

"We are not interested in producing this type of artists with these values," the producer wrote about the former Smiths. As explained, DG had submitted an offer to bring it in 2018, but "having certified that their statements were true" to the German magazine Der Spiegel , decided to withdraw it."

https://silencio.com.ar/noticias/lo...-retiro-su-oferta-para-traer-morrissey-26413/

From Grinbank himself:
Original tweet:

Rough Twitter translation:
20171128_163443.png

Then Instagram:
20171128_163833.png

Original:

Then subsequent 'clarification':
20171128_163805.png

Original:

Lastly:
20171128_163725.png

Original:

If any of our fluent Spanish speakers can clean up the auto-translation so it reads more fluidly - please feel free.
I thought this story was worth sharing as it's the first negative reaction to his Das Spiegel comments to directly affect fans by the withdrawal of potential concerts.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
You're all Mexicans. It doesn't matter you are from Argtina, Banos Aires, Spain, Venezuela, Chilley, Puru, Eroguay. You all speak Mexican and eat refried beans and tortillas. Americans don't say "wacker" and "bull ox", play kickball, or eat bean pies, and bangers and mash. Stop fantasizing you live in Moz Angeles and living vicariously through this board. Just go wash the ass of some old Nazi war criminal so you can get some money to buy tortillas.

Last edited:
Honestly, if Morrissey doesn't smarten up and watch what he says, it would not surprise me to find ourselves in same situation as 2014 - Morrissey unceremoniously dropped from his record label. With the comments referenced above, and now the Trump one.... you've got to figure the folks at BMG are second guessing their decision.

No one of importance cares about someone wanting to kill Trump; not even the secret service.

You're all Mexicans. It doesn't matter you are from Argtina, Banos Aires, Spain, Venezuela, Chilley, Puru, Eroguay. You all speak Mexican and eat refried beans and tortillas. Americans don't say "wacker" and "bull ox", play kickball, or eat bean pies, and bangers and mash. Stop fantasizing you live in Moz Angeles and living vicariously through this board. Just go wash the ass of some old Nazi war criminal so you can get some money to buy tortillas.

That sounds a lot like something Hitler would say.

That’s it, silence everyone. Don’t let anyone have an opinion. Liberals eating liberals - so fun to watch.
No one considers Morrissey liberal except wacko right-wingers.

This company is protecting its pocketbook. It's not making a political statement.

However, I find it curious that responding to the defense of sexual assault with disgust is now considered primarily a leftist value. My how times have changed.

It confirms what I've always suspected about the Right across the globe: It's a safe-haven for grifters, perverts, and other assorted abusers.

He could be prosecuted for calling Messiah Obama President Coconut.

'BG Entertainment abandons negotiations to bring Morrissey to Buenos Aires (due to Spacey comments)'

spacey comments ? I didn't think they were spacey at all, o.k. maybe a little.

He took the same position 20 years ago with an artist who wanted to play 'the river'?:smoking:
:crystalball: What the F is he talking about?

River Plate is a big football stadium in Buenos Aires. Lots of the biggest artists played in there: U2, Rolling Stones, Mc Cartney, Waters, The Cure, etc

Before we all get swept away on a wave of public hysteria, it's worth remembering that at this moment in time, Kevin Spacey hasn't actually been convicted of anything - in fact, I don't think the police have officially charged him with anything yet.
Why is the absence of legal intervention important to the discourse on a self-admitted pedophile? I’m not following your logic. ...or perhaps that’s just where you set the bar.

Perhaps, if rather than speaking in the context of defending Morrissey’s asinine drivel - it were your child or someone close to you - you might have a different outlook.

River Plate is a big football stadium in Buenos Aires. Lots of the biggest artists played in there: U2, Rolling Stones, Mc Cartney, Waters, The Cure, etc

"Also more
than 2o years ago I took the same postion with
an artist who wanted to play in the river. In that case, I had a number of extra Judicial arrangements that had been made to zafar the allegations."

Zafar was going to play a 60 000 stadium?

"También hace más de 20 años tome la misma postura con un artista q quería tocar en River. En ese caso me constaba de varios arreglos extrajudiciales q había llevado a cabo para zafar de las denuncias. Yo en ese entonces explotaba el estadio en exclusividad y me abrí para q otra productora pudiera realizar esos conciertos q fueron un éxito. Pero nunca me arrepentí de no haberme involucrado"

"Also, more than 20 years ago I found myself in a similar situation with an artist who wanted to play in the River Plate Stadium. In the case of this other artist I knew that he had made some (monetary) out of court agreements (with his victims) as to avoid being accused. During that times I had the exclusive rights to organize concerts at the River Plate stadium, but (in that situation) I decided to allow other producers to organize a concert there and the concert was a (commercial) success, but I never felt sorry about not getting involved with it".

In short, he is saying that he had exclusive rights to organize concerts at the River Stadium and "more than 20 years ago" there was an artist who had done something illegal (probably related to Paedophilia considering the context) and he knew that this artist had made out of court agreements with his victims as to avoid facing a trial. So he allowed other people to organize a concert at that Stadium even if he had exclusive rights (probably he had a contract with the River Stadium) and this X Artist played and the concert was a big success (commercially), but he is still glad that he decided not to get involved at all with that concert (suggesting that he could have made a lot of money, but his ethical limit is organizing a concert for a paedophile).

If I was forced to guess whom he is talking about, I'd say that it's Michael Jackson. Wikipedia confirms that he didn't bring Michael Jackson to Argentina and he played in 1993 ("more than 20 years ago") at the River Plate Stadium... Since he says that he had exclusive rights to organize converts there and he didn't organize a concert for Jackson, then I ASSUME that the "mysterious artist" is Michael Jackson. Everything matches:
-He played at the River Plate Stadium in 1993.
-There were ALWAYS rumours about Michael Jackson and paedophilia.
-D. Grinbank was not the organizer of that concert.

He might say daft things from time to time but Moz is entitled to his opinion. Looks to me like nobody is allowed to say anything these days or to ever say what they mean. Moz was just articulating a different point of view. Maybe Spacey and Weinstein are guilty as sin but they've been judged by the media and political correctness without a trial or proper investigation. Whatever happened to 'presumed innocent '? Now its just everyone shitless that they'll upset anyone. What a load of boring bland bollox.
I'm just hoping Moz's big mouth doesn't ruin his relationship with the record label or destroy all chances of another couple of records before he retires.

We live in a social world. Saying whatever you want has always led to a loss of allies. There's nothing wrong or illegal about it. People are allowed to associate with who they want. People don't want to waste time covering for people who don't share their values or damage their own reputations and interests.

This has nothing to do with censorship or free speech. Choosing your words carefully used to be the standard, and something that was

Now, everyone thinks they're an Internet troll, or Donald Trump, and they can say whatever they want, however they want, whenever they want.

This has never been the norm until the Internet turned the public into naive infants smearing shit on the walls of their playroom.

It's only going to get more intense, so don't think you can fight it, and win. The world is bigger than you, and you are at its mercy.

No one considers Morrissey liberal except wacko right-wingers.

This company is protecting its pocketbook. It's not making a political statement.

However, I find it curious that responding to the defense of sexual assault with disgust is now considered primarily a leftist value. My how times have changed.

It confirms what I've always suspected about the Right across the globe: It's a safe-haven for grifters, perverts, and other assorted abusers.

I think you'll find it's liberal Hollywood and the entertainment industry that is a safe haven for the above ;-)

I think you'll find it's liberal Hollywood and the entertainment industry that is a safe haven for the above ;-)
No, the talent is the pray. Fat cats like Weinstein are usually the predators.

Spacy's just another type taking advantage of his power and statuse. Weber is there a river there is access to children there will be abusers: Sports, churches, entertainment, and so on.

Let's not forget that it was the Catholic Church that shed light on how easily these power dynamics are an institutional problem.

Conservatism just attracts certain personality types and gives it cover.

Anything to do with public protection is generally opposed by that type. The support for bullying, opposition to consumer protection, public health, and excusing sexual abuse and harassment, have all become defining issues of for the Right.

Once the Religious Right imploded and became a tattered wing of the movement across both shores, the only thing left were the money-men sociopaths, perverts, and anti-Muslim thumbsuckers. The chains were off.

Fox News has probably broken records when it comes to harboring sexual predators and enabling them.

It always seems to take a liberal to blow the whistle, or get any kind meaningful discussion started.

You're welcome.

Morrissey has denied he even said the comments

I’m sure those who jumped at the chance to attack him in this thread feel a bit thick!

Some quick advice? Fire your spin doctors. Quit talking. Drink water. Go to your local college bookstore and grab a novel to read, whatever is on a cardboard endcap. Download a game to play to keep your busy brain occupied. Don’t obsess online. Get yer work done. Wait. You are not God but you are good. Don’t forget it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom