Billie Joe Armstrong says working with Morrissey was an "honour" - NME

Shoplifterromo sends the link:

Billie Joe Armstrong says working with Morrissey was an “honour” - NME

Excerpt:

Billie Joe Armstrong has called working with Morrissey an “honour” after the pair’s collaboration was released yesterday (April 8).

The Green Day frontman teamed up with the British singer on a cover of The Fifth Dimension’s ‘Wedding Bell Blues’. The track is set to appear on Morrissey’s upcoming covers album, ‘California Son’, which is released on May 24.

In an Instagram post, Armstrong wrote: “Hey y’all! I had the honour of sharing a microphone with Morrissey on a song. Unreal! Thank you Morrissey! You are truly a legend.”

Billie's a nice addition the track and it's nice to see Morrissey doing some collaborations. Hasn't happened since Interlude as far as I recall.

Other than collaborating on the illness that got her booted from the tour (allegedly), did they do a song together?
That's How People Grow Up is probably the closest.
Regards,
FWD.

The chorus of "Kick the Bride Down the Aisle" is more of an audible duet, so to speak. But it wasn't billed as such.

Yes, I had Kick the bride in mind during which her voice seems more present than BJA’s on Wedding Bell Blues.

Shoplifterromo sends the link:

Billie Joe Armstrong says working with Morrissey was an “honour” - NME

Excerpt:

Billie Joe Armstrong has called working with Morrissey an “honour” after the pair’s collaboration was released yesterday (April 8).

The Green Day frontman teamed up with the British singer on a cover of The Fifth Dimension’s ‘Wedding Bell Blues’. The track is set to appear on Morrissey’s upcoming covers album, ‘California Son’, which is released on May 24.

In an Instagram post, Armstrong wrote: “Hey y’all! I had the honour of sharing a microphone with Morrissey on a song. Unreal! Thank you Morrissey! You are truly a legend.”

Billie Joe Armstrong and Moorissey have never met - in person, so the “honour” of “working together” and “sharing a microphone” are a little rich, no?

Billie Joe Armstrong and Moorissey have never met - in person, so the “honour” of “working together” and “sharing a microphone” are a little rich, no?
Ummm, umnmmm so you haven't seen that photo of Morrissey and Billie Joe on that other thread?

Scotch mist:
44103_45b7bcc9281c7c6c234fa34930da0df1.jpg

Aug., 2018.
FWD.

Nice

I reckon so many things wrong with this interview by this foreign rag. First, The California Son is American, not Brittish and it's spelled honor not "honour" dumbasses inn n nnnnnn nn nnn nnn n it.

Billie's a nice addition the track and it's nice to see Morrissey doing some collaborations. Hasn't happened since Interlude as far as I recall.

Yes, all other vocal collaborations have been backing vocals really.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom