Birmingham - Genting Arena (Feb. 27, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / Suedehead / I Wish You Lonely / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Spent The Day In Bed / Jack The Ripper / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / Hold On To Your Friends / Home Is A Question Mark / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by Famous when dead.

• Morrissey on irresistible form at the Genting Arena - review, setlist and more by James Rodger (5 photos) - Birmingham Live. Link posted by an anonymous person.

42353_birmingham.jpg
  • Morrissey, Genting Arena, Birmingham - review with pics by Tom Oakley (12 photos by Dave Cox) - Express & Star. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Morrissey review – this once charming man by Kitty Empire (2 of 5 stars, 1 photo by Andrew Fox) - The Observer. Link posted by Uncleskinny (original post).

Last edited:
  • The two drunken ladies in front of me (Block 13) who shrieked and took countless selfies of themselves quaffing during the introductory film show. As the music got louder, they helpfully increased their volume, so we didn’t miss any of their sparkling chat. Thankfully they fell into a drunken sleep during the second song (yes, really) – and didn’t rouse until the encore.
I had a rather large woman in the seat next to me in Newcastle (making it much more cramped) who turned up clutching one of those massive 2-pinter beers.

Was very animated, jigging around and singing along. ‘How Soon Is Now’ had her up on her feet.

And then...

I think it was during ‘Hold On To Your Friends’ I realised she was slumped down in her chair, chin on chest, clearly asleep. She remained like this for the last half dozen songs, head occasionally jerking up for a second, before dropping back down again.

I don’t know if it was alcohol, or some condition that had led her to suddenly lose all her energy. Or maybe a combination. It was rather odd though.

I don’t know if it was alcohol, or some condition that had led her to suddenly lose all her energy. Or maybe a combination. It was rather odd though.

It was probably the "World Peace is None of Your Business" / "I Bury The Living" stretch.

I had a rather large woman in the seat next to me in Newcastle (making it much more cramped) who turned up clutching one of those massive 2-pinter beers.

Was very animated, jigging around and singing along. ‘How Soon Is Now’ had her up on her feet.

And then...

I think it was during ‘Hold On To Your Friends’ I realised she was slumped down in her chair, chin on chest, clearly asleep. She remained like this for the last half dozen songs, head occasionally jerking up for a second, before dropping back down again.

Blimey, Suedebread, I think I would have poked her to make sure she wasn't having a seizure or something!

For someone who cannot stop talking about themself I am not surprised that you find the notion challenging.
And by the way, the problem of 'self' is been a perennial and persistent puzzle for phycologists and philosophers alike for centuries.
But I wouldn't expect such questions to bother a Nazi.
( I am hoping this atleast will get a reaction out of you. Your lack of a response to my last post was disappointing. I need trolls to play with).
No need for the N-word and the existance of the authentic self is not even a debate but for someone so destroyed by group pressure like you the idea of your own mind and thinking must really be challenging.
On not responding to all your posts is because you are not really interested in serious debate and have no knowledge on anything not because your mind is not able but because you is the type that prefer to live life in your own bubble and you know if that bubble bursts your life is exposed as the fraud that it is.

For the same reason the older fans keep repeating that nauseating line "it takes guts to be gentle and kind" any time they receive messages they find rude, and obnoxious.

Morrissey has premised his entire persona on at being at least partially vicious, and aggressive in his assessment of others to the point of condoning violence. Many fans took those lyrics as some kind of fundamental principle in the Morrissey manifesto when it was just a sentimental ideal meant for the context of a particular song. Morrissey never emphasized that attitude in his public commentary.

Quite the opposite, actually.
Yes, Morrissey prefer banter and aggression which is very northern. They have a particularly vicious kind of banter. They only like you if they abuse you.

No need for the N-word and the existance of the authentic self is not even a debate but for someone so destroyed by group pressure like you the idea of your own mind and thinking must really be challenging.
On not responding to all your posts is because you are not really interested in serious debate and have no knowledge on anything not because your mind is not able but because you is the type that prefer to live life in your own bubble and you know if that bubble bursts your life is exposed as the fraud that it is.
Great response for someone not interested in responding.
But can you, the intelligent one with all the facts, tell me more about the 'authentic self'.
I bet you can't come up with anything coherent.
(as long as it doesn't include anything about white supremacy).

Great response for someone not interested in responding.
But can you, the intelligent one with all the facts, tell me more about the 'authentic self'.
I bet you can't come up with anything coherent.
(as long as it doesn't include anything about white supremacy).
The very thing that you know nothing about something so widely discussed for many years now tells me all I need to know about you.
Don't knock The Supremes!

The very thing that you know nothing about something so widely discussed for many years now tells me all I need to know about you.
Don't knock The Supremes!

I notice you still can't expand on your argument against the 'most stupid statement in history'.
I wonder why?
Come on, you are Solo's pet nazi.
Give us a little dance.
You like The Supremes?
That's big of you.

Last edited:
I notice you still can't expand on your argument against the 'most stupid statement in history'.
I wonder why?
Come on, you are Solo's pet nazi.
Give us a little dance.
You like The Supremes?
That's big of you.
I don't like anyone but you are growing on me. I wonder if lillies at our wedding would be a nice little ironic salute to death in the middle of all the celebrations?

You choose!

I don't like anyone but you are growing on me. I wonder if lillies at our wedding would be a nice little ironic salute to death in the middle of all the celebrations?

You choose!
Lillies are fine with me.
Not sure about the salute to death though.
This is supposed to be wedding for god's sake!

Last edited:

You choose!
I'm sure you like lots of people.
How about your girlfriend for example?

For someone who cannot stop talking about themself I am not surprised that you find the notion challenging.
And by the way, the problem of 'self' is been a perennial and persistent puzzle for phycologists and philosophers alike for centuries.
But I wouldn't expect such questions to bother a Nazi.
( I am hoping this atleast will get a reaction out of you. Your lack of a response to my last post was disappointing. I need trolls to play with).
I love me perennials but I hate gardens.
What plant are you?

At least I can switch her off unlike you.

70ececfa54fe5fea9a144011de93967e.jpg
You switch off your girlfriend?
How do you do that then?
A quick slap?
Now we can add domestic violence to your list of attributes.
You elderly nazi you.
And you're right, you can't switch me off.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom