Birmingham - Genting Arena (Feb. 27, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / Suedehead / I Wish You Lonely / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Spent The Day In Bed / Jack The Ripper / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / Hold On To Your Friends / Home Is A Question Mark / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by Famous when dead.

• Morrissey on irresistible form at the Genting Arena - review, setlist and more by James Rodger (5 photos) - Birmingham Live. Link posted by an anonymous person.

42353_birmingham.jpg
  • Morrissey, Genting Arena, Birmingham - review with pics by Tom Oakley (12 photos by Dave Cox) - Express & Star. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Morrissey review – this once charming man by Kitty Empire (2 of 5 stars, 1 photo by Andrew Fox) - The Observer. Link posted by Uncleskinny (original post).

Last edited:
You switch off your girlfriend?
How do you do that then?
A quick slap?
Now we can add domestic violence to your list of attributes.
You elderly nazi you.
And you're right, you can't switch me off.
There's a handy switch button at the back of her neck covered by some hair. A nice little reboot and she is as new again.

Guardian review of the gig here:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/mar/04/morrissey-birmingham-live-review#comments

Suffice it to say that it is a typical Guardian review, being disapproving of the man, rather than the gig.

5760.jpg

morrissey-birmingham-live-review
I think they make some pretty good points (eg: 'Police brutality is terrible. You just want the song to be better than this.') But it does make me hoot that they can get so outraged simply by somebody saying they like Nigel Farage, or that Nicola Sturgeon takes money off people. I'm quite surprised they didn't manage to shoehorn Brexit in there to wring an extra bit of disgust out of it.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / Suedehead / I Wish You Lonely / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Spent The Day In Bed / Jack The Ripper / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / Hold On To Your Friends / Home Is A Question Mark / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by Famous when dead.

Typical hatchet job from the Guardian. What's the point of a review if the critic is blurred by a largely misinformed past. People can't seem to get over that Morrissey is now 58 years of age not 27 anymore, that he might hold different views to them - yes some dubious (with Spacey, the bloke might be a wrong 'un but M was asking the questions most people were thinking) but each to their own. Also if I read about the Madness gig at Finsbury Park in 1992 one more time in a review I'll scream. I was there and as I recall it the fey bloke from the Smiths came on stage draped in a Union Jack to upset a crowd of bonehead Madness Fans and got canned off. Some NME hack was offended by the sight of a Union Jack (20 years pre-2012 Olympics) and it's now retold in myth, by those who weren't there mainly, that he somehow staged the second Nuremberg Rally! As for a career in decline. Well we're all in decline one way or another, but the songs stand the test of time past and present and top 20 albums in the UK and US and a sold out tour after 30 years as a solo artist does not spell decline, despite what the Guardian might want. No big deal just choose whether or not to listen and if not, nobody else will lose any sleep or shed any tears, not least M.

Last edited by a moderator:
Typical hatchet job from the Guardian. What's the point of a review if the critic is blurred by a largely misinformed past. People can't seem to get over that Morrissey is now 58 years of age not 27 anymore, that he might hold different views to them - yes some dubious (with Spacey, the bloke might be a wrong 'un but M was asking the questions most people were thinking) but each to their own. Also if I read about the Madness gig at Finsbury Park in 1992 one more time in a review I'll scream. I was there and as I recall it the fey bloke from the Smiths came on stage draped in a Union Jack to upset a crowd of bonehead Madness Fans and got canned off. Some NME hack was offended by the sight of a Union Jack (20 years pre-2012 Olympics) and it's now retold in myth, by those who weren't there mainly, that he somehow staged the second Nuremberg Rally! As for a career in decline. Well we're all in decline one way or another, but the songs stand the test of time past and present and top 20 albums in the UK and US and a sold out tour after 30 years as a solo artist does not spell decline, despite what the Guardian might want. No big deal just choose whether or not to listen and if not, nobody else will lose any sleep or shed any tears, not least M.

He likes Nazis. It's indisputable. Get over yourself.

And why not? They're right to criticise him, her remarks are all on-point. He's a laughable money-poisoned shadow of his former self.
Who you still, for some unfathomable reason, devote a large portion of your time and an online presence to commenting incessantly on. Why do you do bother?

Abject nonsense. But take a long good look in the mirror - you're the biggest Nazi in this place.

AHA!! FOR SURE HE IS, Goebbels at least.Finally, at last someone tellsit like it is!!! Congrats sir.:bow:
Moz has never sold out so many shows out in a row before!!!! Guardian cant sell copies they beg for donations LOL

Hey Adolf, what did you get your girlfriend for her birthday?
A gum shield.
You do know that sending her to A&E is not giving her the night off?
Thank you and goodnight.
I think he enjoyed making you believe that so many died.

Who guards us from the Guardian!

He likes Nazis. It's indisputable. Get over yourself.

Until I explicitly see him endorse Hitler or the Swastika you are talking absolute cobblers, you silly deluded old carbuncle of a man. You are patient zero and perhaps the most extreme case I've ever seen when it comes to MDS (Morrissey Derangement Syndrome.)

Because I HATE racists.
So do I, and call out racism wherever I see it, but your contributions span beyond any helpful/reasonable critique.

You appear to criticise anything Morrissey does, which is fair enough, but belittle anyone who continues to enjoy him, and considering this is a forum for people who enjoy Morrissey it’s very tiresome.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom