"Blue Dreamers Eyes" - lost studio track posted on YouTube (via SER)

Oh, I think that's almost guaranteed. And actually, I quite like the mischievousness of it. Great big stirrer that he is.
I still think he's better than the way he's been acting. I'm kind of over political f***ery, but that may just be because I have to deal with it every day now, and the novelty has worn incredibly thin. Edgelords grate on my nerves.

I still think he's better than the way he's been acting. I'm kind of over political f***ery, but that may just be because I have to deal with it every day now, and the novelty has worn incredibly thin. Edgelords grate on my nerves.
Yeah, I would completely agree, but the hysteria has got way out of proportion, in my view. I'm heartily sick of it - and that's not me defending him, that's just me feeling: get a life, everybody. And switching words around in a song to bait people who've been spitting tacks about something they thought he sang (but didn't) I find quite funny and subversive - and more like Old Morrissey.

Yeah, I would completely agree, but the hysteria has got way out of proportion, in my view. I'm heartily sick of it - and that's not me defending him, that's just me feeling: get a life, everybody. And switching words around in a song to bait people who've been spitting tacks about something they thought he sang (but didn't) I find quite funny and subversive - and more like Old Morrissey.
It's not even the hysteria that gets me. About him, or anyone else. It's the way that people court it. What a bunch of f***ing whores. Including Morrissey. Especially Morrissey. If the musical well is drying up, there's no shame in f***ing off. Plenty of bands do. There's nothing worse than formerly respectable people doing the equivalent to some youtube dipshit praying to go viral by pulling some stupid stunt. Somewhere along the line in the last decade, people have lost the ability to differentiate between good and bad attention and we're all poorer for it.

Listened to this 3 x and not liking it... Maybe it's a humidity thing. Jakarta looks very humid and Moz is very sweaty in this.

. If the musical well is drying up, there's no shame in f***ing off.

Morrissey does not compose music. Since the Smiths, tons of people have written music for him, so the issue of a musical well simply doesn't apply. Half the music in the current album was written by people that had never composed a song for him before 3 or 4 years ago. So, there will never be a concern about music drying up. He can just get new people along. The issue is if he ceases to be able to write decent lyrics - many would probably agree that this is now becoming a reality.

This is the kind of song I like with incredible lyrics and the music is cool. To many wish they could make their songs great like this and Morrissey makes it as a lost song.

Morrissey does not compose music. Since the Smiths, tons of people have written music for him, so the issue of a musical well simply doesn't apply. Half the music in the current album was written by people that had never composed a song for him before 3 or 4 years ago. So, there will never be a concern about music drying up. He can just get new people along. The issue is if he ceases to be able to write decent lyrics - many would probably agree that this is now becoming a reality.
I know he's not strumming by the campfire coming up with the next great hit. Basically, I think it would benefit him to remember whose name is on the marquee, and just get really weird with it since he's nearing the end. He seems to have squeezed all of the juice from his recent collaborators, so why not set out on his own and take a chance at this point?

Comeback tour? James have not been away and are releasing new albums every 2/3 years at the moment. Their gigs tend to be well attended with a varied age group.

https://wearejames.com/blog/archive/larrys-la-petite-mort-tour-autumn-photos-autumn-2014/
But still, no one in their right mind would say that they've been relevant since the 90's!
If anything they are the evidence we needed to prove that modern music sucks so hard we need to keep those old dinosaurs going.
I know they have bills to pay and all that and it was strong of him to go through what he did but it was nature not him winning the battle for him.
Not that it is ever a battle of course, just good luck or bad luck.

I think we tend to forget that Morrissey needs to be inspired too. Give him half the chance and half the song and he'll shine through.

The 90's called to remind us all that in 2018 old bands and artists from that era are completely irrelevant. I can just imagine the crowd and how sad and old they all look but some drag their kids along of course.
These kind of comeback tours and albums makes me depressed cause some things are better left in the past.
I don't like the band James because of the lead singer Tim Booth I don't like what he has said about Morrissey.

I heard that The Charlatans lead singer Tim Burgess has also said nasty things about Morrissey. I don't like that band either.

I don't understand why people would promote James and The Charlatans on a Morrissey fan website.

But still, no one in their right mind would say that they've been relevant since the 90's!
If anything they are the evidence we needed to prove that modern music sucks so hard we need to keep those old dinosaurs going.
I know they have bills to pay and all that and it was strong of him to go through what he did but it was nature not him winning the battle for him.

JAMES IS TOTALLY IRRELEVANT FFS!!
on top of that, they SUCK :pigface: BALLS! They totally SUCK>:dizzy:

the DH singer has to teach FING aerobics in order to pay for food to eat.:expressionless:

I don't like the band James because of the lead singer Tim Booth I don't like what he has said about Morrissey.

I heard that The Charlatans lead singer Tim Burgess has also said nasty things about Morrissey. I don't like that band either.

I don't understand why people would promote James and The Charlatans on a Morrissey fan website.

Because the are SKINNY SOCK PUPPET TROLLS.:rolleyes:

I think we tend to forget that Morrissey needs to be inspired too. Give him half the chance and half the song and he'll shine through.

I agree with this. Keep the title, and the tune, and rework the lyrics. I have been scum and I will always be scum...explosive kegs between my legs inspire a similar twinge. It's just that he set the bar so high lyrically that this just falls short. Anyway, he appears to be in good spirits so that is nice to see.

Depends on what your definition of relevance is. Their last album sold well and charted at number 2, they are still selling out arenas so why would you stop if you are in that position. Is Morrissey still relevant?

Depends on what your definition of relevance is. Their last album sold well and charted at number 2, they are still selling out arenas so why would you stop if you are in that position. Is Morrissey still relevant?
No, he sadly isn't.

I like this as well but it does make you wonder what the decision making process is for what goes on albums, released as singles etc?

With Moz clearly still having a "thing" for the (meaningless) charts. One would have to wonder why he didn't (finish this off and) pop this on as a double A-side with I Wish You Lonely and release it as a follow-up single to STDIB. Both would have been strong enough to garner some airplay, both interesting songs, and if released properly (CD, Vinyl, Download AT THE SAME TIME), he would have had plenty of purchases from fans and even a few of those who he titillated with Spent. As opposed to the convoluted way he went about releasing singles from LIHS.

Reminds me a lot of WPINOYB, the tracks he left out were better than the majority of the album. At this point, I'm beginning to think Moz should just record 20 or so songs and hand them over to somebody else to pick 10-12 to make the album, with the others going as b-sides to singles, because it's looking like that for two consecutive albums, he's left really strong tracks to gather dust while allowing some really poor efforts make the albums.

Last edited:
I understand your point with the singles, but I don’t find any of the album tracks from World Peace or High-School poor. Love them all! Both albums are clearly better than Refusual or Ringleader! Better production, more musically styles and his voice sounds more wonderful than ever!

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom