"Blue Dreamers Eyes" - lost studio track posted on YouTube (via SER)

Whenever I get overly critical of Morrissey, I stop and think that pretty much no one else around today could or would make music as good as he still does. I'm not a mindless fanboy and therefore I don't actually like everything he does now (which is rare to be the case for anyone even with their best work). That said, I think genuinely that this is a great song. It would fit in nicely near the end of a "best of."

very quiet on here today,has everyone in englands laptops melted with the heat.
The silence may be a nod to the near future. Anyone with half a noggin knows that - at this point - there’s nothing left to say.

The silence may be a nod to the near future. Anyone with half a noggin knows that - at this point - there’s nothing left to say.
have to disagree,just look at the fans in the above video and that looks like theres plenty left to say,he might lose fans in the uk but not anywhere else.

I'm impressed by some of the love for Forgive Someone here. I think it's one of his best
of recent times.
totally agree,fantastic song.

I enjoy this song. I think Boz deserves some credit as the music provides a pleasant and adequate platform for Moz to sing lyrics that speak to us in ways they did in years past.

I think it's fair to say that we all benefited more when Moz had two song-writing partners that were quarreling to see who could get their name on an LP more than the other.

Be well...

love this. A lovely surprise. But I don't understand why this (or another unheard studio track) couldn't have been a b-side on one of the recent singles.

That track was shelved for a reason. It’s pure garbage. The people propping it as anything else would have more of my respect if their entire music collections were made up of Starbucks compilations.

Clean your ears and get a life.
and you're a stupid idiot yearning for attention.

love this. A lovely surprise. But I don't understand why this (or another unheard studio track) couldn't have been a b-side on one of the recent singles.

Honestly it could have been an a-side. Would have made a great follow-up to Spent the Day in Bed.

I don't see how any Moz fan can listen to this song and not have the ending "oh yeahs" stuck in their head. That's some grade-A Morrissey crooning going on there. Love it.

This. On first listen he seemed to be winging the vocal melody during the latter part of the song, but appreciated it more on subsequent listens (with headphones on especially).

A treat in these trying times.

It feels half-finished, but this is the vintage Moz sound. It's like a mash of four or five previous songs; in places it reminds me of You Know I Couldn't Last, as well as parts of I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, Nobody Loves Us, etc.

It runs out of puff after the first verse and the melody is all over the place, but I love the vocal line on "I failed, and failed, jumped up again and faaaa-iii-iiiled again".

This song takes me years back to a place when I felt so differently about being a fan. If it's intended to be an antidote to the current shitshow, it's a good one.

can i have this on spotify + can i get world peace is none of your biz back on spotify, too? that would be super great.

It took me a few listens but I really like it. It would be nice to find out which year it was recorded but it would sit alongside Sunny, Boxers and Nobody Loves Us really well.

It reminds me of something else though and not putting my finger on it is annoying me.

It‘s a 2017 track and now on his official Facebook!

I’m surprised it’s that recent. It’s definitely a grower. If someone looks at me oddly on the train in the next week or two I’ll wonder if I’ve inadvertently sung “I’m scum and I’ve always been scum.” out loud.

It would have made a great standalone single, but I suppose that format is dead to all intents and purposes.

FINALLY worked out what this reminds me of.

The strings, the vocal line (in the verse, not the chorus). Surely no coincidence?
Having said that, I do like it, particularly some of the lyrics (I'm scum/I failed). I just wish he'd finished it off as it peters out a bit, in much the same way as All The Young People.

Still, if it's as recent as some claim, it does give us hope.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom