"Blue Dreamers Eyes" - lost studio track posted on YouTube (via SER)

I like this as well but it does make you wonder what the decision making process is for what goes on albums, released as singles etc?

Edited and cleaned up version here...

https://www.sendspace.com/file/js8ayt
It's an excellent song, really rather charming. I'm guessing it was left unfinished as it didn't really fit in thematically with the rest of High School. I would cautiously suggest that this and By The Time, with their more personable laidback lyrics and retro Hawley-esque feel, represent an interesting direction for the next album to take.

Now there’s an idea, next album produced by Phil Spector..... oh hang on

Honestly, if Morrissey in the '90s had wanted to make the kind of music he's making now, it might not have been such a bad idea, imo.

"Southpaw Grammar" as produced by Spector would've been interesting, but I don't think Spector would've been interested.

It certainly is. :)
Have you heard any of the new material?

Shaping up to be another great album, very much looking forward to next Friday.

Yes, looking forward to the tour as well, should be good with The Charlatans as support, shame they are playing arenas though, prefer the smaller venues.

Scarborough on Sat 18th Aug should be a good one, I am on holiday that week though, so missing out.

Have heard good things about that venue, no chance of a stage invasion though! Manchester Arena for me, had to make do with seats though as standing went really quick.

Have heard good things about that venue, no chance of a stage invasion though! Manchester Arena for me, had to make do with seats though as standing went really quick.
The 90's called to remind us all that in 2018 old bands and artists from that era are completely irrelevant. I can just imagine the crowd and how sad and old they all look but some drag their kids along of course.
These kind of comeback tours and albums makes me depressed cause some things are better left in the past.

The 90's called to remind us all that in 2018 old bands and artists from that era are completely irrelevant. I can just imagine the crowd and how sad and old they all look but some drag their kids along of course.
These kind of comeback tours and albums makes me depressed cause some things are better left in the past.

Comeback tour? James have not been away and are releasing new albums every 2/3 years at the moment. Their gigs tend to be well attended with a varied age group.

https://wearejames.com/blog/archive/larrys-la-petite-mort-tour-autumn-photos-autumn-2014/

Last edited:
Yes. But you do get the feeling he might be trolling us with it, all the same. Naughty Morrissey.
I wouldn't be surprised if it ever gets played live if he threw Muslim crowd in there, kind of like he did with Jacky and Brexit after everybody made a fuss about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ever gets played live if he threw Muslim crowd in there, kind of like he did with Jacky and Brexit after everybody made a fuss about it.
Oh, I think that's almost guaranteed. And actually, I quite like the mischievousness of it. Great big stirrer that he is.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom