Morrissey Central "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" (November 16, 2020)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
No, no surprise at all. What interests me is the question of which label would be willing to take on a low-selling singer with a public image problem? I suppose there are right-wing record labels but I can't imagine that any of them have enough capital behind them to satisfy Morrissey's lust for advances.
I see that the usuals are bored by record company machinations and already dragging things down in the direction of their pet subjects. I think someone here once said that you could make a post about Morrissey’s favourite flavour of potato crisps and within 10 pages, the nonsense will have started in earnest. I’m so bored with that nonsense, with is why
I rarely post comments here these days.
You have to give some a safe space to vent within, moderately supervised, I suppose.

Last edited:
I wasn’t trying to offend. You’ve made your choice, and that is your right! I support that right, 100%. I also support the right of the rest of Europe to tell you to go eat a bag of dicks when you want to travel, work abroad or consume products and commodities that are from other places. Have a Pims and enjoy the victory. It’s not like your tiny island ever needed anyone else to see them through their tough times. ;)

I’m just laughing at you.
Ah well, it isn't bothering me, so i'm sorry to disappoint. 'Melvis'.

I see that the usuals are bored by record company machinations and already dragging things down in the direction of their pet subjects. I think someone here once said that you could make a post about Morrissey’s favourite flavour of potato crisps and within 10 pages, the nonsense will have started in earnest. I’m so bored with that nonsense, with is why
I rare post comments here these days.
You have to give some a safe space to vent within, moderately supervised, I suppose.
To be fair, most threads on here end up in nonsense sooner rather than later. Personally I blame poor quality moderation but who am I to complain?

Nah. He’s hoovering Kerrygold and vodka at the OAK. His membership isn’t up until January and he needs all the free perks he can get right now. His record label are trying to recoup their investment but he seems intent on doffing the cashmere and hovering around the charcuterie plates at locals who’ll still let him in the door.

...and your “thoughts” are not something that the cognitively sound take into consideration.

NEXT.
theres a lot of hoovering and hovering going on in morrisseys world these days.

You know, i mentioned the other day about a Morrissey solo forum convention - i'd love it if that happened. You wouldn't come Radis, that's obvious, i mean it would mean leaving the house for a start, but the thought of you picking glass out your face with your front teeth missing...glorious.

I went to one in about 1991 at the Camden Workers club, the one from the Sing Your Life vid. They had two quizzes. A moz one and a Smiths one. I won the Moz one and got the skinhead girl Madstock T-shirt in extra, extra large. Never wore it.

Do you think labels will be queuing up to sign him this time?

No, but they weren't queuing up in the earlier days either. There were 7 years between Maladjusted and YATQ, 5 years between YOR and WPINOYB.

He won't release another record soon, but who can predict the future 5 years from now?

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Media items:
Hey Morrissey ! Say as you will as far as your, "3 best albums", but...."S.W.H.W.C." , "V. A. I." and "Y.A.T.Q., are beyond being the best dear boy. They are brilliant ! Been listening more and more to those 3. "R.O.T.T.", and "T.Q.I.D. of course and "M. I. M.", "T.S." "V.H.", ...."could say morenough but you get the general idea."

I keep hoping this is the end of cancel culture.

It took the right-wingers years to notice it - it was the left-wing victims that were wailing in corners with their numbers increasing with every tweet.

I keep hoping this is the end of cancel culture.

It took the right-wingers years to notice it - it was the left-wing victims that were wailing in corners with their numbers increasing with every tweet.

I’m not keeping up: Corbyn is back, but against Starmer’s will. Is this correct?

Impossible. Morrissey fans are devoid of individual thought. They’re cultists, at base. ...and I’ve never seen a post where he wrote off developing countries. Not England, or any of the others.
Isn't that too much of a generalization?

The “diversity” BMG crave clearly isn’t diversity of opinion. They want the same old, globalised, corporate friendly, right on platitudes.

I don't understand the argument. Morrissey is one of the most diverse persons you can think about. He's special and different in many ways. This world is crazy.

I don't understand the argument. Morrissey is one of the most diverse persons you can think about. He's special and different in many ways. This world is crazy.
You can be as special and different as you like, as long as you’re like them.

They are your wishes for Morrissey ,but your wishes will be blown away by the wind...
Morrissey is what he is ,he is M ,an AUTHENTIC MAN WITH TALENT CHARISMATIC ,INTENSE ,CONTROVERSIAL,UNIQUE ,that is MOZ a singer ,my favorite, who made and will make many people happy, he has no expiration date ,he is a great artist and he doesn't need any label,he just needs to sing,so leave him alone!! If you don't want it and BMG you miss it!
LONG LIVE THE GREAT MOZZY'S.
WRONG like you have been your entire life. You make no sense with your Google Translate messages. You’re a stalker and Moz doesn’t care about your “support”. He’ll never return to Argentina but you WILL be thrown in prison for being a dangerous stalker. Moz, SER, and everyone in his camp is aware of you and your threat.

fin...

Excerpt:

Media items:
Mac Donna has a record label, a studio and record company. The 2 of you can debut with "Girl Afraid" hissing and spitting at each other...fighting for the bottom. Then Morrissey can play Eva Peron and Mac Donna plays Tattoo from Fantasy Island for a romping good time. Mac Donna serenades Morrissey with an interlude sure to cause gastrointestinal upsets and a rush and a push for the restrooms and exits. "Have a go with the pubs all closed....have a go if they open".

Back then.........Smiths/Moz fans were nice. They were more interested in poetry and writing for fanzines than being completely insane.
Now they're more interested in telling us they were banned from Twitter and Facebook for being naughty.
Oh wait, that's just you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom