BMG to review historic record contracts due to 'shameful treatment of black artists'

A

Anonymous

"BMG to review historic record contracts due to 'shameful treatment of black artists'

Company says it will address ‘inequities or anomalies’ within 30 days following criticism of widespread financial inequality in the music industry"

just about every artist no matter their colour has been screwed over by record companies,off the top of my head.
gilbert o sullivan.
tom petty.
the police.
sting.
george michael.
fall out boy.
cliff richard.
boy george.
gabriel.
the jam.
i actually thought black artists always did better with contracts when you see how much money they have.
rihanna.
jayz.
beyonce.
i would have included 50 cent but these days hes worth about 50 cents.

just about every artist no matter their colour has been screwed over by record companies,off the top of my head.
gilbert o sullivan.
tom petty.
the police.
sting.
george michael.
fall out boy.
cliff richard.
boy george.
gabriel.
the jam.
i actually thought black artists always did better with contracts when you see how much money they have.
rihanna.
jayz.
beyonce.
i would have included 50 cent but these days hes worth about 50 cents.

historic contracts. So I don’t think they’re talking about the contracts of modern black artists. Edit: ok just quickly read the article and it seems they’re reviewing modern contracts too (?) which of course they should.

I don’t know why the OP put Morrissey
in this thread considering the subject. Maybe just to stir the pot where there’s no pot to stir. Everyone knows he’s on BMG or was (?).

Though I do agree, that if an artist can be screwed over then they will screw you over. But being that most(?) of the record business is run by white people, then racism may play a role in how black artists are treated.

Last edited:
Be pretty funny if Morrissey finally finishes paying off Joyce, only to find his royalty stream redirected to Stormzy or someone. :ROFLMAO:

“Diesel, black me up quickly“ ???

??:knife:

historic contracts. So I don’t think they’re talking about the contracts of modern black artists. Edit: ok just quickly read the article and it seems they’re reviewing modern contracts too (?) which of course they should.

I don’t know why the OP put Morrissey
in this thread considering the subject. Maybe just to stir the pot where there’s no pot to stir. Everyone knows he’s on BMG or was (?).

Though I do agree, that if an artist can be screwed over then they will screw you over. But being that most(?) of the record business is run by white people, then racism may play a role in how black artists are treated.

Yeah - to stir the pot & imply Morrissey is somehow linked to this.

No one's accused BMG of anything. They're just showing their commitment to equality.

They're just showing their commitment to equality.
'Equality' would mean they are reviewing all the artists who got f***ed over with shitty contracts, regardless of their colour. The idea that this has only happenned to black artists is laughable - the record industry is notorious for f***ing over all and sundry.

'Equality' would mean they are reviewing all the artists who got f***ed over with shitty contracts, regardless of their colour. The idea that this has only happenned to black artists is laughable - the record industry is notorious for f***ing over all and sundry.

I was being polite. I meant showing their commitment to avoiding bad publicity.

Back
Top Bottom