"Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?" release (Jan. 10, 2020); album sleeve revealed?

Some people reporting 'Bobby Don't You Think They Know' is on YouTube now, which would be the first from the forthcoming album.
I was sent this link:

But it isn't working for me. Got 9 views though.
E: Looks like the release date is 10/01/2020, as Anonymous suggested, which is why it is currently available in Australia.

full

UPDATE Jan. 10:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey drops duet with Motown star Thelma Houston - The List

Excerpt:

Morrissey recruited Grammy-winning Motown star Thelma Houston for the epic duet, who said: "One of the biggest joys for me in this business is getting the opportunity to collaborate with other top artists.

"I love the challenge to see if what I do can work with what they're doing. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

"I think the blend of what Morrissey is singing and what I'm singing really works on 'Bobby'.

"And it was a lot of fun working with M in the studio too!"

The 'Mute Witness' singer's long-time producer, Joe Chicarelli, has teased that the upcoming LP, which is released via BMG on March 20, is "the boldest and most adventurous" record ever recorded by Morrissey.

He added: "I have now produced four studio albums for Morrissey.

"This is his boldest and most adventurous album yet.

"He has pushed the boundaries yet again – both musically and lyrically.

"And once again proving that as a songwriter and singer, he is in his own category. In truth, no one can be Morrissey but ... Morrissey!"

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
This song could be a good b-side with nice back vocals but nothing more, awful album cover by the way
Just about. But compare it to proper b-sides like Jack The Ripper, A Swallow On My Neck, This Is Not Your Country, At Amber, Girl Least Likely To, I Can Have Both, Nobody Loves Us. There is no comparison.

The 'Mute Witness' singer? I wonder who picked that song out to be the touchstone? (The List cut & paste article).

This song is great. I'm a little disappointed by people thinking it's too long or not appreciating the instrumental sections. There are different instruments showcased and they all kind of add to the sort of 60's-70's feel. That recent b-side that I can't think of the name of with the sort of Romani feel is also pretty good but this is better.
He is offering something that is very rare in today's pop music.

Since when did Morrissey have dimples? Cool. A true '60s vibe with this cover all around. Nice. Add those teen idol dimples and 'Spanish' tan from the cover (not the actual photo) and you can say Fantasy Island. "The plane! The plane!" as Morrissey sees himself arrive. :thumb:

ALGUIEN PUEDE EXPLICARME PORQUE TODOS LOS ODIOSOS ODIADORES DE MORRISSEY PIERDEN SU TIEMPO CRITICANDO ESTA CANCION?? SI TODOS YA SABEMOS QUE OPINAN NEGATIVAMENTE,NADA ES BUENO PARA ELLOS TODO LO DE MOZ LO CRITICAN,PUEDE QUE NO LES GUSTE ALGO DE LA CANCION,PERO COMO ES POSIBLE QUE SE MIENTAN ASI MISMOS DICIENDO QUE MOZ CANTA HORRIBLE,ES MUY POCO CREIBLE ESTO,NI ELLOS SE LO CREEN !! PERO SIGUEN VINIENDO ESO ES PORQUE MOZ LES GUSTA LES GUSTA LES GUSTA Y NO PUEDEN ADMITIRLO FUERA DE ESTE SITIO !!!! EL TEMA ES MUY BUENO Y CADA VEZ ME GUSTA MAS LA LUZ DE MOZ BRILLA Y NUNCA SE APAGARA,CADA CRITICA NEGATIVA HACIA MOZ ES UN SIII ME GUSTA PERO NO PUEDO ADMITIRLO,POBRES TIPOS RESENTIDOS Y TRISTES AMARGADOS DEL HORTO !!!!!! VIVA MORRISSEY LO ESCUCHA TODO EL UNIVERSOOOO MORRY ES UN GENIO DE GENIOS Y PUNTO.!!!!!!

No, the song "whatever happens, I love you" on the Boxer's EP also had a saxophone and it was used again on his cover of New York Dolls.

There was also one on his cover of don’t interrupt the sorrow. Sax has been making a comeback in pop music.. A handful of Patrick wolf songs use one a run the jewels song has a great sax break etc. I also don’t mind the cover. He’s clearly referencing album covers of a certain time. It reminds me of Chris isaaks cover for San Francisco days which does the same thing

Just about. But compare it to proper b-sides like Jack The Ripper, A Swallow On My Neck, This Is Not Your Country, At Amber, Girl Least Likely To, I Can Have Both, Nobody Loves Us. There is no comparison.
I’ve just spent all morning contrasting and comparing. I’ve found some comparisons, and a couple of perfect alignments.

I love the new single. But I bet Andrew Weatherall could create something truly monumental from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve just spent all morning contrasting and comparing. I’ve found some comparisons, and a couple of perfect alignments.

I love the new single.

Are we any closer to understanding what/who this song is about?
  • A singer? ah but when you sing for us
  • Male/female?bobby could be m or f
  • Drugs issues? loads of references (too many) for this to be insignificant
  • Sexual orientation...is that bit relevant? tortured down below - gay, sex change, transitioning stuff
That's all I'm sensing, not much else.

I also love the track & can't stop playing it.

Are we any closer to understanding what/who this song is about?
  • A singer? ah but when you sing for us
  • Male/female?bobby could be m or f
  • Drugs issues? loads of references (too many) for this to be insignificant
  • Sexual orientation...is that bit relevant? tortured down below - gay, sex change, transitioning stuff
That's all I'm sensing, not much else.

I also love the track & can't stop playing it.
My intuition is that it’s about a singer who conceals his (?) sexuality. But much as the body of Morrissey’s lyrical parlance was intended to obscure drug use—before it became a preferred vocabulary—so Bobby’s affections are now revealing more than they hide; to the benefit rather than the detriment of ‘his’ art.

My intuition is that it’s about a singer who conceals his (?) sexuality. But much as the body of Morrissey’s lyrical parlance was intended to obscure drug use—before it became a preferred vocabulary—so Bobby’s affections are now revealing more than they hide; to the benefit rather than the detriment of ‘his’ art.

Well that's about as clear as mud...:rolleyes:

It’s certainly not a song for the less sophisticated amongst us.

So the 'don't you think they know?' relates to what? Bobby (m or f) being a queer, or has a drug problem?
Or is the drug problem so bad that his/her behaviour, while on these drugs, is what has revealed he/she is queer &/or has a drug problem? Torture down below? Not sure abt that bit.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom