Bobby... (edit)

Irregular Regular

Forget my fate.
So I love the new album, I must admit I am surprised by how good it really is.
Well...most of it.
It's certainly a huge improvement on both World Peace and High School.
I find myself skipping just 2 tracks - Bobby and Ruth - which is a lot less than I did/do in the previous 2 albums.

Bobby is an ok song actually, if only we could remove the backing vocals and wouldn't need to endure the last 2 minutes of sub-par Doors organ playing.
Oh well, now at least we don't have to suffer the last 2 minutes (nothing I could do about Thelma, sorry). :lbf:

See what you think, some may like it some may hate it, as for me, this is the version I've kept in my itunes.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ckt1os

Last edited:
So I love the new album, I must admit I am surprised by how good it really is.
Well...most of it.
It's certainly a huge improvement on both World Peace and High School.
I find myself skipping just 2 tracks - Bobby and Ruth - which is a lot less than I did/do in the previous 2 albums.

Bobby is an ok song actually, if only we could remove the backing vocals and wouldn't need to endure the last 2 minutes of sub-par Doors organ playing.
Oh well, now at least we don't have to suffer the last 2 minutes (nothing I could do about Thelma, sorry). :lbf:

See what you think, some may like it some may hate it, as for me, this is the version I've kept in my itunes.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ckt1os
I'm interested in hearing what you've done with Bobby. I like that song a lot and even Thelma's totally absurd part has grown on me.

As for Ruth...I don't hate it, but I don't love it. I liken it to Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning...just a kind of novelty track with a silly narrative on an otherwise fairly perfect record. It's not terrible.

never and i mean never did i think i would hear the words " bobby , lord have mercy " in a morrissey song. her vocals are too much , they need toning down.

Ok ,I gave it a listen, and only because I'm use to the original lp version, it seemed to just end abruptly, I was about to start dancing to the organ music and bam it was gone, so unfortunately I need the whole tune , just my take.

Back
Top Bottom