"Bobby" (MIKNNA remix) teaser removed on copyright by WMG, release soon? (June 5 original release date posted by M. Central)

The video in question appears to be copyright struck?
Just VPN'd various countries and it returns:

20200607_161225.jpg

According to the listing ? that was the remix (in part) SER prematurely shared - comments now disabled too.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think BMG were very brave, and charitable with moz from the off, it’s moz who has done bugger all to promote his last three albums.... no promotion what so ever, I can’t ever remember a time when he’s been so inactive when albums are being released
I would say that the media has consistently failed in their job to engage with one of the most important representatives of the British working class. And that’s a story as old as The Times.

He’s clocking on now, so who could blame him for returning in kind?

I think BMG were very brave, and charitable with moz from the off, it’s moz who has done bugger all to promote his last three albums.... no promotion what so ever, I can’t ever remember a time when he’s been so inactive when albums are being released

they got him promote himself on US Television and that dickhead wore a badge of a racists british political party.

I would say that the media has consistently failed in their job to engage with one of the most important representatives of the British working class. And that’s a story as old as The Times.

He’s clocking on now, so who could blame him for returning in kind?

hahaha. working class butler california business class

hahaha. working class butler california business class
I suspect by your standards, Marx and Engels would similarly be precluded from representing the working class cause.

Last edited by a moderator:

BMG financed two proper videos for LIHS, Korda Marshall praised the album in public, Spent The Day In Bed got proper airplay, there were advertisements in the press, they humoured Moz by releasing vinyl singles etc. With IANADOAC there was nothing of the sort. ALthough Morrissey is of course to blame for that by doing himself no favours.

BMG financed two proper videos for LIHS, Korda Marshall praised the album in public, Spent The Day In Bed got proper airplay, there were advertisements in the press, they humoured Moz by releasing vinyl singles etc. With IANADOAC there was nothing of the sort. ALthough Morrissey is of course to blame for that by doing himself no favours.
I formerly anticipated a couple of vinyl singles. I suspect BMG are no longer interested. They are hardly wooing him.

He also sang 3 songs on Later with Jools Holland, sang Spent on The Graham Norton Show, had the televised lunchtime 1 hour gig on BBC Radio 6, a similar 1 hour gig on German TV plus I remember him singing on a French tv show just the 1 song. Plenty exposure of LIHS songs during gigs back then. Moz put a lot into pushing LIHS in particular. California Son was toured heavily in the USA and unfortunately the release of Dog On A Chain coincided with a Worldwide pandemic which kyboshed most of the planned live gigs and who knows if there were any planned tv appearances to promote Dog as everything was stopped in it's tracks.

He also sang 3 songs on Later with Jools Holland, sang Spent on The Graham Norton Show, had the televised lunchtime 1 hour gig on BBC Radio 6, a similar 1 hour gig on German TV plus I remember him singing on a French tv show just the 1 song. Plenty exposure of LIHS songs during gigs back then. Moz put a lot into pushing LIHS in particular. California Son was toured heavily in the USA and unfortunately the release of Dog On A Chain coincided with a Worldwide pandemic which kyboshed most of the planned live gigs and who knows if there were any planned tv appearances to promote Dog as everything was stopped in it's tracks.

Spent the day in bed was A listed on Radio 2, too - it was played a few times a day for at least a week.

I don't think there was anything planned, because the album was released basically simultaneously with the pandemic. Any promotion would have taken place before that, since that is how it goes: you're building up the excitement for the coming album.

Why this sudden embrace of EDM music? Morrissey has always disliked boring emotionless dance music and I wish it would stay that way. I am more upset about his embrace of dance music than what he is saying politically.
He's attempting to be popular.

it has nothing to do with embracing dance music. the "remixer" is choosen "wisely" to contradict some big-mouth-racist-bs from before in the same way as that duet with the soul diva. Cheap trick
100% spot on.
Anyone who can't see this must have very low levels of awareness of life.

Spent the day in bed was A listed on Radio 2, too - it was played a few times a day for at least a week.
Spent got the big build up by being given a World exclusive first play on The Chris Evan's Breakfast Show on Radio 2 and was certainly played regularly for more than one week. Jacky was also playlisted and got extensive airplay although I don't recall All The Young People or My Love being played on Radio 2.
California Son was given the honour of Album Of The Week on The Ken Bruce Show where five songs were played over five days plus Wedding Bell Blues received extensive airplay as first single, Lady Willpower too as second single whilst It's Over also had some airplay on Radio 2 although not a physical single at the time.

Spent the day in bed was before the For-Britain fiasco on Jimmy Fallon

you must be the biggest dickhead in the world to wear a racist badge on Jimmy Fallon's The Tonight Show

Some very good posts today RE Morrisseys lack of self exposure, and lack of promotion during album releases ... all quite correct as well.... but a top artist must nowerdays , as we all are well aware must do radio, TV, not just to sing but to be interviewed also.... I hate it when he says that no station ever ask, I just don’t believe it... if any radio or tv station were approached by his PR people , they would snap him up in a moment.... I think he just plays games with the media that he should be courting and just does what he wants to with his concerts.....

You are quite right with spent the day in bed, a lot of air play, good video, good song.... I honestly thought it could chart somewhere in the top 20... when it didn’t I knew that he was drinking in the last chance saloon when it came to UK hit singles..... On another issue, I heard Paul Wellers new single on radio 2 today, village , was its title I think.... could be interesting to see if this lands anywhere in the charts......

You are quite right with spent the day in bed, a lot of air play, good video, good song.... I honestly thought it could chart somewhere in the top 20... when it didn’t I knew that he was drinking in the last chance saloon when it came to UK hit singles..... On another issue, I heard Paul Wellers new single on radio 2 today, village , was its title I think.... could be interesting to see if this lands anywhere in the charts......
Yes I agree with your assessment of Spent, it had absolutely every box ticked to make it into the Top 20 and therefore improve LIHS sales, real shame it never charted high as it probably should have.

I
Yes I agree with your assessment of Spent, it had absolutely every box ticked to make it into the Top 20 and therefore improve LIHS sales, real shame it never charted high as it probably should have.
I suppose he's spending lots of days in bed now, probing boyfriend Damon's shaven cave.
Concocting the next move that will certainly be more than tinged with disgusting controversy, thus guaranteeing free press.
Ever the outsider, he may venture outside soon.
But only as far as a bakery for bread, which of course he will have tipped of reporters for the staged photo opportunity. Like Trump at the church.
In his mind he thinks he's great.
How low can he go?
The next Morrissey post will be uglier than the last.
Of that we can be certain.

Singles are about powering album sales these days, that's all. With the inclusion of streaming, you haven't got a chance of a top 20 single unless most of your fans are schoolchildren. Even massively bigger acts than Steve can't get in the top 20 (like Coldplay, L Gallagher and R Williams). Spent the Day powered Low High School sales to 25,000 in week 1. World Peace with very little airplay managed 17,000 despite coming 3 years earlier when album sales were higher. Dog on a String arrived with zero airplay and a truly pathetic 6,000 sales, but that's also due to mass desertion of Morrissey's non-right wing and non-racist fans.
Big airplay for Weller's single won't get it anywhere near the top 50 but will help his album sell over 20,000 in week 1. The support for Weller also shows that zero airplay for Morrissey was nothing to do with his age (as some foolish folk round here have suggested) - Weller's a year older.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom