Bona Drag reissue 4th Oct, remastered & extra tracks

Re: Bona Drag reissue, remastered, extra tracks

Bluebirds...I like you and agree with you! I shall be-friend you!

I love Bona Drag. I get the criticism about reissues/remasters etc but there will be people new(ish) to Morrissey who don't have this stuff.

I hope the more news to come is live info, I've never seen him live and very much want to.

Why is your emoticon nervous?

Because it means something that he's selected those tracks and changed the color of his shirt and I always get nervous when he makes statements with his work. It's not just because he wants to make some money, he's making a statement about something which means my brain goes into massive exhaustive overdrive. :p And some things maybe I'm not so good at.

I cant predict the future.... He is going to release bona drag... Then.... Go on tour... Then... Release his new album... Then.... Go on tour again.... Then probably retire

Whatever he decides to do is the right thing, yes blind devotion etc surely. The ammount of complete c***s here are surprising though. Live and learn.

Strangely I kind of agree it isn't wholly about the money. He must be aware that this re-release isn't going to shift "units"

Does anyone know the sales figures for the Southpaw and Maladjusted reissues?

I just don't get it. At all.

Some of these tracks have now featured on 5 or 6 official releases. Its extracting the urine in a big, big way.

Whatever he decides to do is the right thing, yes blind devotion etc surely. The ammount of complete c***s here are surprising though. Live and learn.

:lbf::lbf::lbf:

Each to their own. Each to their own. I'd prefer to be a "c***" than a gullible fool

If you haven't already I'm sure you can download the extra tracks;)

Its extracting the urine in a big, big way.

Hey is that a fancy way of saying "taking the piss?" :D I'm just learning your people's ways and I love when I get an inside joke.

No but seriously, in the specific way that he selects his backdrops and puts together his intro music and the outfits he AND his band wears down to the interviews he makes and what questions he;s willing to answer...he's doing something. It's like a symbollic gesture that falls on an anniversary which makes it more convenient to make. It's surely not about the money, Morrissey's smarter than that. His catelog is his work, it;s like his paint with which to work. When an artist makes a statement about a cause they make a commemorative print. When MOrrissey wants to make a statement he rearranges the setlist of an album. It;s a perfectly acceptible medium to work with in the big picture and more creative than making a twitter update like some lame artists these days.

Hey is that a fancy way of saying "taking the piss?" :D I'm just learning your people's ways and I love when I get an inside joke.

No but seriously, in the specific way that he selects his backdrops and puts together his intro music and the outfits he AND his band wears down to the interviews he makes and what questions he;s willing to answer...he's doing something. It's like a symbollic gesture that falls on an anniversary which makes it more convenient to make. It's surely not about the money, Morrissey's smarter than that. His catelog is his work, it;s like his paint with which to work. When an artist makes a statement about a cause they make a commemorative print. When MOrrissey wants to make a statement he rearranges the setlist of an album. It;s a perfectly acceptible medium to work with in the big picture and more creative than making a twitter update like some lame artists these days.

Well it will probably be roughly 20 years since Bona Drag's original release...

But to follow your point why does so he actively pursue revisionism to his art? There is (to me) a lack of quality control in these re-releases and most seem in common agreement that Bona Drag is his best solo-era compilation. So, in the words of Morrissey himself, why meddle with a masterpiece? Record contract stipulations perhaps?

Bona Drag didn't meet with great acclaim when it was released either. Lots of criticism about Morrissey reissuing past releases.... and 20 years on the wheel doesn't turn.

Its his life, his art, his career whatever.... but these last couple of years and the amount of cheap revisionist repackaging is really starting to grate.

I love Bona Drag. I get the criticism about reissues/remasters etc but there will be people new(ish) to Morrissey who don't have this stuff.

I hope the more news to come is live info, I've never seen him live and very much want to.

Dear God, who is doing the remastering? I hope it's not the same hack job who did "Greatest Hits."

Yeah, the criticism is that record companies jack the price up and expect us to buy something again for the ___ time by throwing on a couple bonus tracks. All the while REMASTERING it to 2010 standards (loud, louder, & louder) in order to make it sound inferior to the original CD which was released in 1990. It never seems to fail!

Pehaps people didn't get it the first time around, well here's a second chance! etc:straightface:

These remasters are going to come in very (in a weird way that's difficult to explain) handy for years to come. Greatest Hits hasn't even been used yet, but it will. :p

there's a slim chance in hell and it remains to be seen, but the "Let the Right One In" extended inclusion may be influenced by the release of the remake of the film "Let the Right One In", which is titled "Let Me In":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228987/

which opens a few days after the "Bona Drag" rerelease. no soundtrack info yet, so... speculate wildly....

It makes sense that this will be re-issued. With the Lifeguard and Happy Lovers tracks surfacing (and even showing up in a nice vinyl package), Moz needs to make these his own and release them on his terms. Can't blame him.

As for a tour, probably not happening. I don't think he'll tour for any material pre-YATQ.

he's not allowed to tour, b/c I am broke. and it's obviously all about me.

If Happy Lovers and Lifeguard hadn't been leaked people would be extremely excited about this.

Can't work out why Let The Right One... would be included though as it is from the Your Arsenal period. Surely the never-before-compiled I Know Very Well How I Got My Name would be a more logical inclusion.

The vastly superior extended Will Never Marry would be a nice touch too.

One day I hope he'll reissue "The Queen Is Dead" with Elizabeth on the cover. Couldn't get the rights to her image, I suppose, but Alain Delon? That was a head-scratcher, eh?

Not really. I think Morrissey threw people off the scent of what kind of queen he was actually talking about.

Tags
bona drag
Back
Top Bottom