Bona Drag signed pre-order

My poster arrived today — torn. (I'm sure at least one person is laughing.) The mailer was ripped, and I knew there was no hope at that point. At this point, I think those of us who ordered the "signed copies" are lucky to receive anything.

I'm sure that the various parties involved were under tremendous pressure to make something happen. What more can be said?

framed it when i got home:
bonasignedframed.jpg

That looks nice, did you have trouble finding that size frame?

framed it when i got home:
bonasignedframed.jpg

Abrahan,

Did you get it framed at a shop, or use a bought frame?
I am going to get it framed with acid free backing, spacers, and UV glass...

Can you tell me the size?
Thanks
Roky

Anyone know a good place for photo/poster frames in the UK? It seems to be an awkward size to find in most normal shops! May have to order a custom one which would probably be way too expensive.

Anyone know a good place for photo/poster frames in the UK? It seems to be an awkward size to find in most normal shops! May have to order a custom one which would probably be way too expensive.

Ikea do large frames..

There is a place in Birkenhead, Wirral that makes customised frames....They seem to do a good job( going by their "window" displays...) but, it may cost quite a few bob....( they quoted me about £80.00 to frame a Buddy Holly 78 rpm Vinyl single for a friend..).Why not think of Measuring the poster, then looking for a decent frame that would suit it, and ( ....I'll Probably get Slaughtered for saying this....) "Trim" it down a bit to size ???
Or, get a much bigger frame, and then get a "Mount" surround cut to fit around the Poster , that would also fit into the frame?? ( Probably MUCH Cheaper to do it that way...).
Best wishes with it anyway!!

try your local frame shop, take the thing in, (dont let it out of your sight) and they'll measure/let you select frame and quote the price, I had my Roundhouse one done and it was about £35.
oh and you might wanna investigate if they do 'sun screen' glass. (i,e glass that will protect it from fading in sunlight.)

mine fit fine in a 24x36 frame.

the poster was only slightly smaller than the frame (like 1/3 inch all around but the frame's edges hide that very well.

i bought my frame for $7.50 at Hobby Lobby, regularly $14.99.

RE:- my "Trim" it down to size comment....
Slightly Off-topic, but a mate of mine had a "Star Trek, Generations" Original Movie poster, that he got signed by Patrick Stewart....he was too nervous to actually try and frame the thing himself, so I volunteered to do it for him.
He bought a Large Glass "Clip" frame, and left me in charge.....

Knowing how precious this was to him, I took my time ( even got the cats out of the room...I had moggies back then....)
The Piece of Glass was Huge, but I didn't break it.....

BUT.....The poster did not "quite" fit the backing bit or/glass...
So, ( Don't "Snitch" on me wiil ya??) I "Trimmed" the edges ever so VERY slightly....
He never even noticed, and was in total awe of what I had created for him.

( I also had a Dream....that, Because it was an original Cinema poster ( Printed on both sides, so the cinema display would "Light" it up from behind), that i Could Build a "Lighted" frame,( I Lived over a woodcutters/furniture making shop at the time, so getting the wood Woodn't have been a problem... And light bulbs are pretty easy to wire up...) so he could display it in its FULL glory....and I could have done it too (...If it wasn't for them pesky kids....sorry...OLD Joke..but....please ...read on...). but, he said his Wife wouldn't like that...

Anyway, when he finally got it home, his wife totally refused to let him display it in The house..... so it was put behind their wardrobe....for safety, until they got a bigger house....The last I seen of it, the glass was smashed and the poster was Badly torn and creased....( His son had decided to try and "Fold" it, during a house-move...!!!! whileit was STILL in the Glass! frame!!)...However, Her collection of "Vintage" Victorian Dolls ( from the various cheapo "Shopping" TV channels at the time) which Littered every available shelf, were completely intact...

Not sure really what I am trying to "Get at " here, but....If you cannot find a frame to "Fit", get an even BIGGER one, and maybe...get some more Morrissey related stuff to go in with it, by using a "Pre-cut " Mount....

Sometimes, BIGGER is BETTER!!!
Sorry for waffling!!!

PS, patrick Stewart was a lovely gentleman, when we met him....
(... he HATED Dysons Vacuum claeners though!!;)

Last edited:
In my room it seems the poster is simply too big too display so I was thinking of whacking it on the door. I was just wondering re. the signature though, does this really have to be protected behind glass? It's not as if anything will touch it but since it's in crayon I'm petrified it might erode away or something.

If not I'll have to simply store it unfortunately. Already have a Hatful of Hollow signed by all them on the wall though

PS, patrick Stewart was a lovely gentleman, when we met him....
( he HATED Dysons Vacuum claeners though!!;)
:rolleyes:let it go sweetie...
my favourite sucker :love:View attachment 10129:love:

PS: @Matt.... Habitat have a 25% off sale on right now and they sell the clip frames in enormous dimensions... failing that, go to a glaziers and buy toughened glass to make your own frame...... or just send it to me and save yourself all that stress and worry:thumb::thumb:

Congrats to everyone that got a signed poster:thumb:

would laminating the poster protect the signature?:squiffy:

It will definitely protect and preserve the signature. But you can kiss the monetary or collectible(read: resale) value goodye.

DON'T DO IT !

PS The size of the poster(36x24) is not that strange. You can easily get a frame with plexi glass for under US$75 in the US, look around various frame makers.

PS The size of the poster(36x24) is not that strange. You can easily get a frame with plexi glass for under US$75 in the US, look around various frame makers.

Exactly! Just go to Walmart or Target, or "Michaels", or a frame shop(art Blick?) if in the states, one of them is bound to have a relatively inexpensive frame for you. I dont "get" how it's so hard for anyone to find a frame for it. If you know someone who works w/wood @ all, you can probably slip him a $10 spot and he'll make you one? not hard to do.

Making way too much out of this.

I'm gonna have mine dry-mounted on foam core to get most of the creases out of it (or at least to make them less severe), then frame it. Here's the sig on mine:

meysig.jpg

I'm gonna have mine dry-mounted on foam core to get most of the creases out of it (or at least to make them less severe), then frame it. Here's the sig on mine:

meysig.jpg

Be sure to tell them to put wax paper over the sig, or the crayon will melt.

Back
Top Bottom