Bona Drag signed pre-order

Me too. Got an email from a soloer whilst at work... by the time I clicked on the site... sold out... bollocks, arse, f***ing shit bag.

Wait for them to appear on ebay shortly...

Dave

Wonder how many folk ordered more than 1 by sending them to different addresses and paying with different cards!

Hey Steve,

Maybe next time you have something like this you should send an email out to your LOYAL CUSTOMERS! I have been buying every Morrissey bundle from record store for 7 years and you just post it on this site and people who have never bought from you before now get the signed copy. You should really think about your customers and your business first. I will not be buying that record from you, now. I am even thinking about cancelling my "EDILS" bundle.

I have to agree with this, see below copy email I sent to recordstore.

Dear Steve,
I've just read on Morrissey-solo about the signed Bona Drag offer great news, good to see it was for first orders recieved (much fairer than We've got 200 and you might get one like the everyday single bundle). Might i suggest that next time such a momentus event occurs a litle notice be given to those of us who loyally subscribe to your mailing list in the vain hopes of being informed early enough to make a purchase, instead of mearly being bombarded with reams of shite and utter bollocks as has appeared in mailings of late.
While i'm sure signed offerings from such stella acts as Young Guns, Fanfarlo, and La roux, may well seem like life changeing events to many, it should be obvious that signed Morrissey albums is an event of greater import, and those of us who subscribe and work could be given a chance to make arrangements for a relevent purchase.

I sent this then read the post by punkinthesupermarket with the line,

"much kudos to steve (records store manager) for putting this on a fan site to ensure it gets snapped up by "proper" fans rather than people just out to buy stuff to make a profit on ebay"

and decided he's right at least soloer's got the chance even if it was the great unwashed non working soloer's. (lights fuse steps away).

Me too. Got an email from a soloer whilst at work... by the time I clicked on the site... sold out... bollocks, arse, f***ing shit bag.

Wait for them to appear on ebay shortly...

Dave

at £95 a piece arse.

Hey Steve,

Maybe next time you have something like this you should send an email out to your LOYAL CUSTOMERS! I have been buying every Morrissey bundle from record store for 7 years and you just post it on this site and people who have never bought from you before now get the signed copy. You should really think about your customers and your business first. I will not be buying that record from you, now. I am even thinking about cancelling my "EDILS" bundle.

sorry you feel that way. We also promoted it to our LOYAL twitter and Facebook followers as well as the guys here on the forum. We have over 5,000 Morrissey fans who have signed up to recordstore mailers and over 100,000 loyal customers signed up to be told about offers we have so not everyone would have been able to get one anyway no matter how loyal they were. I personally felt this was the best way of telling our customers as well as true Morrissey fans who would appreciate the offer.

Feel free to cancel your bundle order but we'd be sorry to see you go

cheers

Steve

sorry you feel that way. We also promoted it to our LOYAL twitter and Facebook followers as well as the guys here on the forum. We have over 5,000 Morrissey fans who have signed up to recordstore mailers and over 100,000 loyal customers signed up to be told about offers we have so not everyone would have been able to get one anyway no matter how loyal they were. I personally felt this was the best way of telling our customers as well as true Morrissey fans who would appreciate the offer.

Feel free to cancel your bundle order but we'd be sorry to see you go

cheers

Steve

You can't now Terence he's made you feel bad hasn't he? he's obviously a very nice chap who's just tried to do the right thing isnt he. Don't cancel, I feel bad saying his emails are full of shite, and dissing Laroux etall.

Thank you Steve,

You sound like a very nice bloke. My point still stands. If you would have sent the email to 5,000 Morrissey fans on your mailing list and I did not get one then kudos to your for sending it to your LOYAL CUSTOMERS! It would have been great to get an email that said "thanks for being a loyal customer and for being so we are offering you the chance to buy one of 200 signed Morrissey Bona Drag CD's, hurry they won't last long".This is just a lesson in business. Times are tough in the record shop world (I am sure you are aware) and I understand that it is hard to sell records today with all the illegal downloading, but this is even more of a reason to hold on to the customers that you have and to treat them special. Thanks again for your reply. This comment and the other are not meant to be condeming on you as a person just a constructive criticism on how you should treat your loyal customers.

Thank you Steve,

You sound like a very nice bloke. My point still stands. If you would have sent the email to 5,000 Morrissey fans on your mailing list and I did not get one then kudos to your for sending it to your LOYAL CUSTOMERS! It would have been great to get an email that said "thanks for being a loyal customer and for being so we are offering you the chance to buy one of 200 signed Morrissey Bona Drag CD's, hurry they won't last long".This is just a lesson in business. Times are tough in the record shop world (I am sure you are aware) and I understand that it is hard to sell records today with all the illegal downloading, but this is even more of a reason to hold on to the customers that you have and to treat them special. Thanks again for your reply. This comment and the other are not meant to be condeming on you as a person just a constructive criticism on how you should treat your loyal customers.

Its one side of it but running a business also involves increasing your customer base. By telling Morrissey fans who may never heard of recordstore about the offer I think I may have just found the store a whole bunch of new customers who may be interested in other things we have to sell (not just signed 'Bona Drag' albums). Bigger picture and all that.

As I said, many of our loyal customers follow us on twitter and facebook. They were fully aware of the offer and picked up their copies as soon as the signed albums were announced.

Again, sorry that you won't be buying records from us in the future. Good luck with whichever record emporium you decide is right for you. There's still some great little stores out there.

have a good one

Steve

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
How many signed shit do we really need? I have none from Moz , but at my age who cares. BTW if you order anything from Lloyd Cole site he signs everything when not touring. Now thats an artist loyal to his fans.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
How many signed shit do we really need? I have none from Moz , but at my age who cares. BTW if you order anything from Lloyd Cole site he signs everything when not touring. Now thats an artist loyal to his fans.

...but that's cos he's only got seventeen fans!
JUST KIDDING. I luv him really, just got my tickets to see him in Glasgow again at the end of October. Really liking the new single and album, charming new sound (apart from the banjo).
Lloyd's just a different beast is all. I love reading his posts on his forum about what hair care products he uses, the exact length he cuts his hair to, updates on his weight loss program (in prep for photo shoots), favourite golf courses, etcetera.
Imagine if, tomorrow, Morrissey began doing that on truetoyou :lbf::crazy:
It's just what makes Moz Moz and Lloyd Lloyd.

Sort of a reply to Terrance and steve....hope nobody minds my tuppenny worth...
I agree totally that REGULAR Morrissey fans who buy from a store should have been informed first.....So much for customer relations/support. ( PS, back in the day, the only decent place in Liverpool to get CDs was a shithole called "penny Lane records" ( it wasn't even in Penny Lane!!! Tut!!) and the manager HATED The Smiths/Morrissey....but still sold their wares ( begrudgingly...but hey, Profit before Conscience...kerchinng!!).
( Probe records, ( also in Liverpool) however, in 1984, had shitloads of "The Smiths" first album, signed by the entire band, and just sold 'em to anybody who wanted 'em....They had less than 200 buyers at the time...). But I digress...

This part is to Steve....
I can see your point of publicising such a Record release on a Morrissey website.
I read this posting about the signed Cd on here yesterday, and thought it was some kind of "Scam"....so didn't bother responding.....

( I just couldn't be arsed buying some old stuff that I have already bought years ago....signed or not....).

I am not too sure how many NEW customers you have attracted to your Store, but I BET Most of your brand NEW subscribers who were just after a Signed Morrisey CD will never buy anything again from you. ( just a thought...).

Let the Ebay battles commence!!!

PS, and just HOW would any buyers know they were The "Real thing" anyway???
Keep Record shops Alive anyway!!! Gawdd, I miss 'em.

Last edited:
ok so i have to add another comment on this - i happen to work for a German CD/DVD manufacturer and we have just manufactured the new Fran Healy mediabook/CD package and i know that he is due to go to the record company office to sign them tomorrow - these will then be sold via recordstore

i hasten to add that i'm neutral / not here to promote recordstore but just thought i should let you know that as far as i can see their signed albums are genuine

as for buying one off ebay - how can you be sure whoever sells them got theirs from recordstore in the first place !? (i'd be very wary of that)

with more releases there will hopefully be another chance to get a signed album / or if there is another tour see if they do the same scheme again of having some albums for sale at merchandise stand right after the gig (you just have to leave just before the encore to start queuing for it)

ok so i have to add another comment on this - i happen to work for a German CD/DVD manufacturer and we have just manufactured the new Fran Healy mediabook/CD package and i know that he is due to go to the record company office to sign them tomorrow - these will then be sold via recordstore

i hasten to add that i'm neutral / not here to promote recordstore but just thought i should let you know that as far as i can see their signed albums are genuine

as for buying one off ebay - how can you be sure whoever sells them got theirs from recordstore in the first place !? (i'd be very wary of that)

with more releases there will hopefully be another chance to get a signed album / or if there is another tour see if they do the same scheme again of having some albums for sale at merchandise stand right after the gig (you just have to leave just before the encore to start queuing for it)

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that recordstore are knocking out fake signatures...

In terms of provenance from an ebay seller - I'd want to see the original packaging from Record Store and the invoice / receipt that came with it. I'd also need to buy it now, not in a few months...

But then again, I don't do signatures so I wouldn't buy one from ebay - but it would have been nice to have, as well as a YOR (if it hadn't been for the selfish so and so's buying multiple copies at the front of the queue)

If I was called Steven I'd be very interested in this though - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120620753851&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT :thumb:

Dave

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I am not too sure how many NEW customers you have attracted to your Store, but I BET Most of your brand NEW subscribers who were just after a Signed Morrisey CD will never buy anything again from you. ( just a thought...).

Let the Ebay battles commence!!!

PS, and just HOW would any buyers know they were The "Real thing" anyway???
Keep Record shops Alive anyway!!! Gawdd, I miss 'em.

Are you suggesting that Morrissey fans are so narrow minded in their music tastes that they don't buy anything else?...not something I would advocate but an interesting debate....(good luck with that)

Recordstore has been around for well over 10 years and I'd hope that any new customers who come to the site and get a good deal and a quick delivery would be interested enough to come back and see what else we have on offer. But that may just be me in my naive belief that the general public actually likes music and not just one individual.

We've been doing signed exlusives for quite a while now and I can assure you they are all genuine. We get everything sent to us directly from an artist's label and if we started advertising "fakes" they'd get us closed down pretty sharpish.

As I said before, I was offered 200 signed copies which I knew would sell out really quickly and I tried to advertise the offer as fairly as possible. If I pissed anyone off because they missed the boat then I'm sorry but I promoted this exactly the same way I would with any signed album (the email is never the first thing we send out because it takes time to build and send out as opposed to the few minutes it takes to advertise on facebook, twitter, myspace or forums). I actually had an email ready to go but we were down to the last 10 signed copies by the time it was finished so by the time it had hit inboxes we would have sold out anyway...pissing more people off I would think.....

anyway have a lovely evening everyone. I'm sure this one will run and run

cheers

Steve

Last edited:
Lame. I missed it.
I wonder if any of the other pre-order destinations will run a similar promotion.

Personally, I'd rather see signed LPs. But, then again every time I've ordered an LP from recordstore it has arrived in the US damaged.

I did pre-order the EILS bundle. Can't wait for it. (hey Steve, thrown in the signed print, and I'll take back anything bad I've said about recordstore's poor 12" mailers. ->> Denver, Colorado)

Last edited:
Steve, no matter what you do, how you do it, people will bitch and groan and constantly moan.

If you had sent individual emails, some people would complain they didn't have enough time. So they would bitch about how you should have called every single one of them on the phone.

And if you had called every single one of us, some of us would complain about how you should have spoken with a softer voice.

You can't please everyone. Specially on a Morrissey forum.

There is no fair way to do this really, so I think taking the time to register a user here and letting us know was very nice of you. Thank you.

By the way, if you make sure I randomly get a signed print with the Everyday Is Like Sunday bundle I preordered, I promise to love Record Store forever.

I also want to thank you Steve for putting the information on this site. It was very kind of you to take the time to tell us fans about the offer. I also was one of the lucky few who managed to buy one of the signed albums and I am also one of those who haven't bought anything from recordstore before (mostly because I live outside of the UK) but I just want to say that you may very well have won a new, recurring customer in me. If you at the recordstore can get signed Morrissey-records which signed records can't you get (yes, I listen to other music than Morrissey)? And again, thank you for letting us know.

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

I think you did a great job and service to Morrissey-solo Forum members, thank you. Some people who whined are just sore that they didn't get one. Although I too missed your annoucement and the signed cd, I wasn't pissed. I understood the situation. I noticed the time span for the thing to get sold out was about 2 hours after you first posted. It's just a top top special product so definitely the demand is tremendous and response time to act is short.

I do hope you will continue to post any good offers here on Morrissey Solo.

Thanks again and best regards.
~T

thaNk you steve,i missed out also but congrats to those who did not,i heard too late but thats just the way it goes

Back
Top Bottom