Bona Drag vs Swords

M

MuteWitness616

Which one is better? Yeah, Bona Drag has a shorter span of B-Sides but I see them both on the same level of albums.

It's a hard choice to pick one over the other, I can't.

The question is..... can you? hah

Bona Drag came out in a different era, before IPods and downloading. I don't get the purpose is of these sorts of compilation albums anymore. When Bona Drag came out, people around the world had trouble finding his b-sides. Now you can just download 'em at home.

Bona Drag came out in a different era, before IPods and downloading. I don't get the purpose is of these sorts of compilation albums anymore. When Bona Drag came out, people around the world had trouble finding his b-sides. Now you can just download 'em at home.

True, however some people (myself included) do prefer to have songs on record. With Swords, I came across many songs I'd never heard before, and many of them really brilliant.

I personally couldn't choose between the two though- they each have their strong and weak songs.

Downloading has nothing to put up against an official compilation album.

i think bona drag is sublime tracks like will never marry, and diappointed get the thunbs up from me big time............:guitar:

Well, for me, it's just the difference in time and age. Bona Drag was perfect for when it came out. It was young and fun, yet stirring and emotional as well. Swords, on the other hand is more sophisticated - songs written from an experienced heart. Morrissey's wit is still there, of course, but just in a different way. I guess what I'm trying to say is that when I was in my early twenties, Bona Drag fit, and now that I'm in my late thirties I can identify with Swords.

I still love all the old songs, though :) ;)

Well, for me, it's just the difference in time and age. Bona Drag was perfect for when it came out. It was young and fun, yet stirring and emotional as well. Swords, on the other hand is more sophisticated - songs written from an experienced heart. Morrissey's wit is still there, of course, but just in a different way. I guess what I'm trying to say is that when I was in my early twenties, Bona Drag fit, and now that I'm in my late thirties I can identify with Swords.

I still love all the old songs, though :) ;)
~Ditto~
I could not have put it better myself :thumb:

bona drag for me. I know there's fewer tracks on it but I can listen to it from start to finish. On swords I only really listen to I knew I was next, drive in saturday and good looking man about town.

You're completly right

I choose Bona Drag. I carried that cassette tape around with me everywhere. :lbf:

I like Swords very much, but it doesn't excite me the way Bona Drag did.
I'm sure it's because I knew the songs and had all of them well before the album was released.

There is absolutely NO contest. Bona Drag is a CLASSIC, wheras Swords is...not so much. I miss the 90's Morrissey. In my honest opinion, I just can't relate to the 21st century Morrissey at ALL.

Just sayin'...

Tags
bona drag
Back
Top Bottom