Boogaloo Radio / Mixcloud: Alain Whyte interview with lots of Moz mentions (January 7, 2020)

20200108_103246.jpg

https://m.mixcloud.com/BoogalooRadio/alain-whyte-on-hamill-time-with-julie-hamill-ep-32/

I'm happy to share this as I listened at the time - a very interesting interview with Alain.
Kudos to him for how open he was.
Very much worth a listen.
Alain chats in between music choices.
Particularly struck by how "Tell Me" sounds like a Morrissey era track.
I wish he'd write a book.

Thanks to Boogaloo radio.
Regards,
FWD.

(Placed in General due to the amount of Morrissey content).

His reluctance to delve into the record for of “Life is Pigsty” was interesting... “I don’t want to get in trouble”. In trouble? Amazing how firefly loyal people remain to Moz. Or maybe they all sign NDAs and can be sued or Moz can halt their royalties.

Wow, Alain and Morrissey still in touch.
Steve emailed him a few months ago (flattering comments!) about his The Experiment video.

A joy to listen to. Thanks to @juliehamill, great job. So many details, positive vibrations and respect. Why did it all have to end?

Same can be said about many. He does seem to keep those around him that he’s familiar with, comfortable with, winning his trust. I think most can relate to wanting to be around those that one would actually have something of similar interests to talk about. Never a awkward pause in the conversations I’ve had with him, definitely not shy.
My wife only had a conversation with him that lasted a few minutes and she said exactly the same thing. :D

I missed it so I'm glad jimJum posted it again.

A joy to listen to. Thanks to @juliehamill, great job. So many details, positive vibrations and respect. Why did it all have to end?

I did enjoy the AW one, but the one she did with Andrew Paresi was also very good. It's on here somewhere if you ask FWD. Lovely chap Andrew Paresi.

Edit: Found it via googlemeister:
The fantastic Andrew Paresi joins Julie this week to discuss drumming for Morrissey on Viva Hate, Bona Drag and Kill Uncle.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Tell me" has 100% Maladjusted vibes. Close your eyes and you can imagine Morrissey crooning over it. Really like it.

@Mozmar: thanks for digging this one out.

"Tell me" has 100% Maladjusted vibes. Close your eyes and you can imagine Morrissey crooning over it. Really like it.

@Mozmar: thanks for digging this one out.
No probs P&O...however I've just watched AW singing Tell Me (live version) on YT...vocals are just not good. He needs Moz desperately.

The studio version sounds more complete. The songs he is releasing at the moment have a 30 year old history (at least some of them) and were often offered to Moz.

Last edited:
The studio version sounds more complete. The songs he is realising at the moment have a 30 year old history (at least some of them) and were often offered to Moz.
Don't get me wrong, I like Alain, but he just isn't a singer.
I love the 'safe at home' vids where he does a reasonable job though, so big kudos to him.

No probs P&O...however I've just watched AW singing Tell Me (live version) on YT...vocals are just not good. He needs Moz desperately.

The thing is, you hear a tune that sounds familiar and likable, you wait for Morrissey's voice to kick in but instead you get a different voice and it leaves you a bit disappointed. Especially when the song is played after so many Morrissey / Whyte co-writes.

I had so much fun listening to this show and time flew by, always a good thing. Thanks for re-posting.

I think he is genuinely shy & would rather talk to people via email or letter where there's no pressure to keep up the conversation or do anything. It's like Life Fright instead of Stage Fright.
bit like myself,iv had every phone under the sun and never made a phone call except for a taxi,even my son n daughter know im a text only person,bit weird but that's just me.phone conversations are usually boring and the conversation eventually dries up.

bit like myself,iv had every phone under the sun and never made a phone call except for a taxi,even my son n daughter know im a text only person,bit weird but that's just me.phone conversations are usually boring and the conversation eventually dries up.

I was terrified of phones. When I got my first job I used to get so flustered I'd babble nonsense & avoided getting the sack because people who found it funny would actually do the thing I was phoning to get them to do. Mortifying.

Of course, in a piece like "Tell me" one would like to have the singing of Morrissey as a topping. Alain's voice reminds me a bit of the late Ian Mc Culloch, btw. It is also a fact that Morrissey would have sung completely different melodies to Alain's music. He sang choruses where Alain had planned verses and vice versa. Anyway, I find it enriching that he comes out more from his LA domicile, but always with the "burden" that you want to hear his Morrissey songs or anecdotes from that time. But I think he knows that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom