Book of Condolence Thread

I missed this one :( awww - she was great. I didn't know she ran a dancing school. I've seen Dame Edna twice (w/o Emily) Such hilarity!!!

Who is she? sure I could google :rolleyes: but I want you to tell me pls :)

Carol Barns was a British TV news reader.

Carl Karcher, founder of Carl's Jr. hamburger chain.
January 16, 1917 – January 11, 2008
Karcher died on from complications of Parkinson's disease.

The veggies won't care, but for the meat eaters, Carl's Jr. has some tasty menu items.

He died in January but I just noticed this when at the local Carl's Jr. at lunch today, via a plaque on the wall (he wasn't crumpled dead in a booth or anything).

Carl_Karcher.jpg

Carl Karcher, founder of Carl's Jr. hamburger chain.
January 16, 1917 – January 11, 2008
Karcher died on from complications of Parkinson's disease.

The veggies won't care, but for the meat eaters, Carl's Jr. has some tasty menu items.

He died in January but I just noticed this when at the local Carl's Jr. at lunch today, via a plaque on the wall (he wasn't crumpled dead in a booth or anything).

Carl_Karcher.jpg

I do not think I have ever had Carls. In fact I do not know of any around the NYC area. A big disappointment that I had was not making it to an in and out burger while in San Diego a few months ago.

I do not think I have ever had Carls. In fact I do not know of any around the NYC area. A big disappointment that I had was not making it to an in and out burger while in San Diego a few months ago.

On the east coast and midwest, Hardees is the Carl's Jr sister restaurant.
Carl Karcher Enterprises owns both. I think Carl's bought Hardees, not the other way round. Their websites have links to each other. I don't know if all menu items are the same though.

Arthur C Clarke,
sri lanka.
:(

A true visionary - no doubt many TV channels will be showing 2001 in his honour - make sure you watch it. Very sad we have lost him but thankful he had such a long and productive and creative life. His legacy will last long into the future.

photoKinchloeSmall.gif

'Hogan's Heroes' Actor Ivan Dixon Dies

Ivan Dixon, an actor, director and producer best known for his role as Kinchloe on the 1960s television series "Hogan's Heroes," has died. He was 76.
Dixon died Sunday at Presbyterian Hospital in Charlotte after a hemorrhage and of complications from kidney failure, said his daughter, Doris Nomathande Dixon of Charlotte.

Actor Richard Widmark dead at 93

richard_widmark_185.jpg

i saw him perform live
when he was past 60
and he was awesome
i had not even come to see him perform
but i thought i heard his voice and said
"Is that James Brown?"
the other people i was with did not care
so i told em
"I'm gonna go check it out."
and slowly i made it to the front, where i could better see him do
'his thing'
which struck me more like a spiritual revival
than merely a performance
he bantered too
and did not seem to mind that most of the crowd did not know his tunes real well
then he played
Papa's Got a Brand New Bag
and i realized
'woa, this aint my music, but its still awesome'
it was one of those
'hey, there really is something called 'objectivity' moments...'

I saw him live too, I wouldn't say I'm a fan but I do like his music. A friend of mine said that he wondered if the people at the funeral kept expecting him to jump up out of the coffin and do a dance (like when he pretends he's too tired on stage). Made me chuckle.

Momoko Ishii (1907 - 2008)

Ms Ishii was a well-known English translator who mainly translated children's literature.
I grew up reading many books she translated such as Winnie the Pooh, Paddington Bear etc.
She also published her own stories which became best sellers in Japan.
RIP.

Back
Top Bottom