Book of Condolence Thread

RIP, daredevil. He was iconic, esp in the 70's (aging myself here!) I remember watching all his jumps on TV. My brothers had the toy where you pulled the plastic zip out of the cycle to make it go. I think Evil helped get us into mini-bike riding as kids, which ended when my bro drove thru a chain-link fence totalling the bike and almost himself.

Do you think Evil's funeral had a motorbike procession?
Does anyone remember Super Dave? who did the parodies of Evil?

wife beater...

A little old but after he died I heard on the radio the guy saying that there was a newspaper that put his death under the heading of

IKE TURNER BEATS TINA TO DEATH

quite funny when you think about it.

R.I.P

Borat and Ali G.

"When I was being Ali G and Borat I was in character sometimes 14 hours a day and I came to love them, so admitting I am never going to play them again is quite a sad thing," he said. "It is like saying goodbye to a loved one. It is hard, and the problem with success, although it's fantastic, is that every new person who sees the Borat movie is one less person I 'get' with Borat again, so it's a kind of self-defeating form, really.
"It's upsetting, but the success has been great and better than anything I could have dreamed of."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2007/12/21/bfborat121.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

borat1.jpg
borat2.jpg

Last edited:
A little old but after he died I heard on the radio the guy saying that there was a newspaper that put his death under the heading of

IKE TURNER BEATS TINA TO DEATH

quite funny when you think about it.

Ha! I missed this the other day. Clever

R.I.P

Borat and Ali G.

"When I was being Ali G and Borat I was in character sometimes 14 hours a day and I came to love them, so admitting I am never going to play them again is quite a sad thing," he said. "It is like saying goodbye to a loved one. It is hard, and the problem with success, although it's fantastic, is that every new person who sees the Borat movie is one less person I 'get' with Borat again, so it's a kind of self-defeating form, really.
"It's upsetting, but the success has been great and better than anything I could have dreamed of."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2007/12/21/bfborat121.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

Dood, my heart was palpitating... I thought Sacha was dead :eek:
I will miss those characters -I cannot imagine playing one ALL DAY and then some long...

srsly...i was freaking...

And now for your local news.
It's sad -for me- I saw him all the time, he was like a statue -the pigeons were totally calm and cooing. What a way to go. It's kind of sad that the birds will go back and he won't be there. :(

pigeon.jpg

'Pigeon man' struck, killed by van'

Tribune staff report - December 19, 2007

A Chicago man widely known as "the Pigeon Man of Lincoln Square" was struck and killed by a van Tuesday afternoon on the Far North Side.

Joseph Zeman, 77, whose love of and attentiveness toward pigeons was detailed in a 2004 Tribune article, was hit by a 1992 Chevrolet van at Devon Avenue and McCormick Road about 2:15 p.m., police said.

Zeman of the 2100 block of West Arthur Avenue was pronounced dead at 3:21 p.m. in St. Francis Hospital in Evanston, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.

The van was "exiting a parking lot, made a right turn, did not see him and struck him," said Sgt. Antonio Baio of the Chicago police major accident investigation unit.

He said a laminated copy of the Tribune article was found with Zeman, and a witness recognized him.

Zeman used to sit for hours on a fire hydrant near Lawrence and Western Avenues with dozens of pigeons perched on his head, shoulders and legs.

"Soon as I take a seat, they want to be loved and kissed like a mama's baby," Zeman was quoted in the Tribune article. "Like I'm their father, and they're my child."

The driver of the van, a Chicago man, 68, was ticketed for striking a pedestrian in the roadway/failure to exercise due care, negligent driving and driving an unsafe vehicle, Baio said.

Benazir Bhutto

Pakistan_Benazir_Bhutto_Prime_Minister.jpg

somehow her death was not surprising but no less shocking. I do believe that she was trying to make things better for her country.

Yet another example why that area of the country is best left to their own devices. There is no one plan on planet earth that is going to ever stop over 4000 years of infighting between middle eastern tribes.

Alfalfa -- Carl Switzer was shot to death at age 31.
Chubby -- 300-pound Norman Chaney died at age 22 following an operation. :( :( :(
Buckwheat -- William Thomas died at age 49 of a heart attack.
Darla Hood -- The Our Gang leading lady contracted hepatitis and died at age 47.
Brisbane -- Kendall McCormas, known as Breezy Brisbane, committed suicide at age 64.
Froggy -- William Robert Laughline was killed in a motor scooter accident at age 16.
Mickey Daniels -- He died of liver disease at 55.
Stymie -- Mathew Bear led a life of crime and drugs. He died of a stroke at age 56.
Scotty Beckett -- He died at age 38 following a brutal beating.
Wheezer -- Robert Hutchins was killed in an airplane accident at age 19.
Pete the Pup -- He was poisoned by an unknown assailant.

Back
Top Bottom