Boston Orpheum Theatre (Dec. 7) cancelled "due to illness in the touring party" according to FB page

Orpheum Theatre posted in the FB event that the show has been cancelled.

Orpheum Theatre Boston
It is with great regret that we must inform you that tomorrow evening’s Morrissey performance at The Orpheum has been cancelled due to illness in the touring party. The Orpheum team apologizes greatly for this disappointment and wishes those who are ill a speedy recovery. Refunds are available at point of purchase.

Link posted by grlmopz:

Morrissey has cancelled his Boston show at The Orpheum - Vanyaland

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Stop giving Morrissey free pass to spew hatred by Jed Gottlieb - Boston Herald

Last edited by a moderator:
Just shows you (again) that you should only travel to a Moz concert if you have a back-up plan (e.g. visiting friends). The idea of travelling thousands of miles for a Moz concert is almost laughable. I don't mind if its within driving distance but that's my limit.

Somebody forgot to have their flu jab... :eek:

And what good would that do. It only protects against one strain of Influenza. Not a cure-all. Anyway it’s full of pig/animal by products so doubt if M would have it. THERE IS NO CURE FOR THE COMMON COLD. May I suggest a healthy intake of onions and garlic.,,,,oops sorry forgot..

Pilgrimupnorth

14 hours after the Orpheum made the announcement, still no email from Ticketmaster.

Well, I'm guessing it's Moz, as the band are in Boston and travelled there during the day.
Appearing to sit in the same hotel/pub for the last 5 hours according to Lyn's pics on Facebook (with Boz).
Mando posted in Connecticut en route to Boston too - so perhaps they didn't know themselves or are just making use of the booked hotel - we will probably never know.
Whatever the reason, it's people being messed around I have empathy for.
I'm starting to worry about the UK tour now, but it's been worse - we live in hope.
Regards,
FWD.

Post-Punk:
Still Ill? Morrissey cancels Boston—his final show of the current North American tour.
http://www.post-punk.com/still-ill-...inal-show-of-the-current-north-american-tour/
The band's flights will have been out of Boston so of course they have made their way there.

There is a customer service rep on their way now to inform you personally

Ian Faith: The Boston gig has been cancelled
David St. Hubbins: What?
Ian Faith: Yeah. I wouldn't worry about it though, it's not a big college town

original.jpg

Well, I'm guessing it's Moz, as the band are in Boston and travelled there during the day.
Appearing to sit in the same hotel/pub for the last 5 hours according to Lyn's pics on Facebook (with Boz).

Checked the photos out of pure nosiness as I live in Boston - it seems they spent the night drinking at the Tam, the cash-only dive bar in the theatre district favored by many college students in the area, including myself for the four years I went to school just down the road. Quite unexpected.

And what good would that do. It only protects against one strain of Influenza. Not a cure-all. Anyway it’s full of pig/animal by products so doubt if M would have it. THERE IS NO CURE FOR THE COMMON COLD. May I suggest a healthy intake of onions and garlic.,,,,oops sorry forgot..

Pilgrimupnorth

There is so much no-brain about this post it hurts.

Are you people this stupid? I am beginning to think people on this board really are locked in padded rooms with little openings for "dumplings and hash" or whatever you eat in Brittin and other foreign lands. His house is directly in the path of all the multiple fires burning in LA right now and tomorrow is going to be the worst day with the winds. He isn't rich enough to re-build even with the insurance. The sad thing is, he is probably going to need the money from the Brittin February and March tour and won't be able to cancel like he planned after the release and good numbers of LIHS in "the uk".

There is only one person who looks stupid Aztec. A mirror will tell you who it is, take a look in the rear view mirror of one of the cars you park today.

You do you. I flew from Boston to LA for the INCREDIBLE Hollywood Bowl shows and am so so happy I did. The man was in TOP form and the memories are priceless.

I work at the Forum in Inglewood. KROQ has just informed us that MORRISSEY will not be headlining the second night of this event. The Killers will headline (as they have done in the past), all of the bands will move up in line, "Sad Girl" will be the first band of the night and doors will open at 4.

The Killers are the true headliner I saw them last night in Vancouver and Brandon Flower kicks Morrissey ass on a bad night. No excuses and the set is 2 hours not 90 minutes.

The band's flights will have been out of Boston so of course they have made their way there.
The point was simple: if the rumour mill / press was correct ('the final gig of his North American tour') and KROQ California is off too - what was the point of turning up somewhere you knew wasn't happening.
They may as well all go home early for Xmas.
Ergo, there WAS actually an anticipation to play there. I think in this particular part of Morrissey’s life, there is no such thing as 'of course'. :)
Regards,
FWD.

The point was simple: if the rumour mill / press was correct ('the final gig of his North American tour') and KROQ California is off too - what was the point of turning up somewhere you knew wasn't happening.
They may as well all go home early for Xmas.
Ergo, there WAS actually an anticipation to play there. I think in this particular part of Morrissey’s life, there is no such thing as 'of course'. :)
Regards,
FWD.
There never has been such a thing as "of course" with him. It's been an issue since The Smiths, but now he's hands down the most unreliable man in music and it's costing him a lot of goodwill.

Morrissey is illness in band. He having tantrums. He spent days in bed cos his record bombed. Promoters refusing to work with him cos Weinstein + Spacey + racist comments. Jesse been known bang underage fan girls. He gots statutory rape charges be pending. Ain’t gonna be no fall tour. BMG drop his alcoholic ass. I know it’s over.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom