Boz Boorer interview in Die Presse (July 7, 2017), mentions working on new album

„Platten sind wie eine Krankheit“ - Die Presse
Pop. Im Hauptberuf komponiert Gitarrist Boz Boorer die Musik von Morrissey. Daneben sammelt er fanatisch Platten und veröffentlicht Solomusik – in Wien.
Von Teresa Schaur-Wünsch
07.07.2017 um 18:52

Excerpt (Google Translate to English):

As a musician against the Brexit
Speaking of beer, the title song "The Age of Boom" tells of a retired babyboomer sitting all day in the pub doing little else than explaining the world to the others. Boorer himself is not ready for anything like this. After 30 years, both daughters are finally out of the house, "more time is left for gigs". Even if the sleeping on the bus does not seem to be glamorous and he finds traveling increasingly cumbersome. In the spring, he was with Morrissey in the US. His voice stimulus was not serious, but was due to a sand storm at a concert in Mexico. "We were still wondering why the singer had a mask like a Japanese before us."

The tour is a reason why he finally voted against the Brexit. "I can still remember times when we had to present a list of our equipment at every frontier, we had to leave a deposit, we were not allowed to sell anything and had to stamp the list again when we left, and the same in the next country."

From the profile:

....Boz Boorer was born in 1962 in Middlesex. He is the founder of the rockabilly group The Polecats and guitarist and music director of Morrissey, with whom he is currently working on a new album.

40408_boz_boorer_diepresse.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Middlesex? lol!

But that is something else then Moz said during introducing the bandmembers on the "Who Put The M In Manchester?" DVD.
He said something like: Born and braised in Burned Oak. :confused:
Some hobbit town, inn in it? :rolleyes:

But you didn't seem it worthwhile to claim Boz as an all American surfdude, so far. Not hanging around with uncle Steve, lill Sammy, and Johnny Rotten. Enjoying beach parties in Malibu.
Why is that? I guess Boz would drink them all under the table! :D

Moz only likes Farage and couldn't care less about Brexit. Not like he voted or anything. Moz's obsession with people lies in the way they are and never in what they actually do.

I think that is very obvious.

Moz only likes Farage and couldn't care less about Brexit. Not like he voted or anything. Moz's obsession with people lies in the way they are and never in what they actually do.

I think that is very obvious.
I don't know how this rumour got started but it it were true I doubt it would be over politics. Morrissey has hardly kept his politics a secret since Boz has been with him..

I don't know how this rumour got started but it it were true I doubt it would be over politics. Morrissey has hardly kept his politics a secret since Boz has been with him..

You are correct and Moz fired a band member over a silly surname once. He is a bit unreliable at the best of times. Mood swings from depression is no laughing matter and that man with the posh slow voice isn't always next door so Moz can cry on his shoulder at a late night heavy session.

Moz should pop pills and take out his contact lenses more often.

I would cast Boz as a serial killer if I was a director. I can see him eating flesh from someone covered in duct tape. I bet he hates himself for looking like a frog so he takes it out on others like german mental patients.

The irony of this post will no doubt be lost on you.

Brilliant! Mind, this is the same UncleSkinny who referred to Morrissey as "self-regarding" the other day.

I don't think Skinny does irony...just facts. Facts! Unless it is his own conjecture (such as the band are getting sick and tired of Morrissey's antics) then it is ok to spout whatever hogwash he wants.

Why do you think that? Because Boz is against Brexit and Moz isn't? If thats all it takes then Boz is better off leaving him.
I just think the partnership has run its course. There's nothing to be gained on both sides, except maybe financially on Boz's part. I think what Moz needs now is some fresh people to work with.
Like Bowie and Cohen before him I think that way he can still produce some great music well into his 60s and beyond.

i won't tell you my source, as Skinny won't tell his either, but that story is crap. He and some others will be sorry to know everything is ok. Of course, he won't mind having started it all. Such a pathetic person.

I just think the partnership has run its course. There's nothing to be gained on both sides, except maybe financially on Boz's part. I think what Moz needs now is some fresh people to work with.
Like Bowie and Cohen before him I think that way he can still produce some great music well into his 60s and beyond.

I agree and with no disrespect to Boz intended as they've done some great work together.

Speaking of Bowie, would love to hear Morrissey do something along the lines of Low (in his own style of course). The problem is and has been for a long time that I just don't think he's interested. He's just become so status quo. Look at the sameness of the set lists. He doesn't really play around with different arrangements of the songs (an acoustic only version of Everday is Like Sunday, etc.). He's created this cocoon for himself and doesn't want to stray far from it.

If he ever did - there must be countless young, gifted and hungry songwriters out there who would give anything to work with him.

I agree and with no disrespect to Boz intended as they've done some great work together.

Speaking of Bowie, would love to hear Morrissey do something along the lines of Low (in his own style of course). The problem is and has been for a long time that I just don't think he's interested. He's just become so status quo. Look at the sameness of the set lists. He doesn't really play around with different arrangements of the songs (an acoustic only version of Everday is Like Sunday, etc.). He's created this cocoon for himself and doesn't want to stray far from it.

If he ever did - there must be countless young, gifted and hungry songwriters out there who would give anything to work with him.

This isn't entirely true. "First of the Gang" received a Spanish-tinged treatment, and "Please Please Please" had that really wonderful light, piano-led version. Those are two that come to mind immediately. That said, I really wouldn't want him fudging around with some classic arrangements (even Gustavo singing the end of "Speedway") just for the sake of something different. The setlists could use some rejuvenation, but not necessarily the song versions.

Yes, I agree with you and Thewlis. It's all 'what if?' though, and at this point a little too late to think M would change that much to do something like LOW. He did ask Eno to produce an album, but I'm sure Eno heard that M would not be flexible enough in the studio for Eno to really work his magic. IF M stayed with Marr, I'm sure something like LOW could have made it on record.

Though M did start to stray into a slightly more beat/groove orientated style with songs like 'Journalists who' 'November' and a little later with 'Jack the Ripper'. Though He often sticks with familiar faces usually to his detriment. And I'm crossing my fingers that Joe C makes this new album sound a little less perfect, more cohesiveness, and much dirtier/sonically richer, I prefer more mystery, so as to hear something different with each listen. Such as Ed Buller's production on DOG MAN STAR. Ah, we could only dream. :pray:

Last edited:

There's two sides to this though. No one really wanted the ramones for instance to stray to far from there sound into electro pop for instance. Also morrissey does change up his style just not in general ways some people want. Agree with he set list comments though

Though M did start to stray into a slightly more beat/groove orientated style with songs like 'Journalists who' 'November' and a little later with 'Jack the Ripper'. Though He often sticks with familiar faces usually to his detriment. And I'm crossing my fingers that Joe C makes this new album sound a little less perfect, more cohesiveness, and much dirtier/sonically richer, I prefer more mystery, so as to hear something different with each listen. Such as Ed Buller's production on DOG MAN STAR. Ah, we could only dream. :pray:

Dog Man Star is an excellent example of the kind of sonic template I would love to hear from Morrissey.

Having said that I felt that he challenged himself more with WPINOYB than I've come to expect since YATQ.

Dog Man Star is an excellent example of the kind of sonic template I would love to hear from Morrissey.

Having said that I felt that he challenged himself more with WPINOYB than I've come to expect since YATQ.

:thumb:

I don't really care much for the Jerry Finn productions, though YATQ
does have great songs on it. And though some would say flawed, I like Visconti's work on Ringleader, and I think it's one of the best productions of one of M's records since 'Vauxhall' which that and Ronson's 'Arsenal' are the tops, followed quickly by 'Viva'. :)

Last edited:
I prefer more mystery, so as to hear something different with each listen. Such as Ed Buller's production on DOG MAN STAR. Ah, we could only dream. :pray:

Just turn off the bass and turn up the treble and you've got it.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom