Boz Boorer: New Solo Album Due Out September

Will it be neobilly? ;)

Will it be neobilly? ;)

Judging by the track up on the MySpaz, it's good ol' leg-shakin' fun as usual :D

It'd be nice if there was a studio version of "Kit" on there. I know that it's likely to be on Fatted!Southpaw (and hurrah for that), but because we're used to hearing Boz singing it, it'll have something of the cover version about it. I'd like to hear Boz's own "polished" version.

No it's not going to be on the Southpaw reissue. The bonus tracks have been slightly changed from what they originally going to be, but Kit won't be on there.

Stephane

Ah, that's a shame. You seem to be in the know, O Mysterious Stephane, so can you tell me, will we ever hear a finished version of Kit?

Ah, that's a shame. You seem to be in the know, O Mysterious Stephane, so can you tell me, will we ever hear a finished version of Kit?

I can't predict the future. At this point it's more likely to be leaked on the internet by someone than seeing an official release. But then, who knows?

I wonder what is fans' obsession with that particular title. There are much better unreleased songs in Morrissey's vaults than that one.

Stephane

I can't predict the future. At this point it's more likely to be leaked on the internet by someone than seeing an official release. But then, who knows?

I wonder what is fans' obsession with that particular title. There are much better unreleased songs in Morrissey's vaults than that one.

Stephane

We'll have a whip-round for crystal ball for you. :)

As to Kit.... it's an odd little song but ( in Boz's hands at least) it has an understated charm to it. You get songs like that; they just tap you gently on the shoulder and let themselves in. "A Swallow on My Neck" being the first other example that comes to mind.

They were together in a building rehearsing? They must be dating. :)

Hear a preview of Boz's new album in Southend this Saturday!

Just in from Steve Hooker (him wot helped to produce "Miss Pearl"):

"there's a smiths tribute band playing at club riga milton road westcliff on sea essex (this) saturday 2nd august 2008 - i shall be taking a copy of boz's miss pearl album down there for the soundman to play before the band goes on stage"

I don't know which tribute band's playing, but there you are.

Stephane

I'll bite: care to name a handful? (And you can't say Striptease with a Difference, Oh Phoney, Born to Hang, November the Second, Honey You Know Where to Find Me or any other widely-available-on-the-internet rarity!) ;)

Cheers,
Jamie

EDIT: Having read another post above, I think it is curiosity based on how slight the lyrics are and how, reportedly, the music is a widescreen production with symphonic tinges.

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recordstore Morrissey Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boz Boorer: : Miss Pearl
Signed CD: £10.99 | 22.09.2008 | Pre-Order Now >>>

Morrissey collaborator Boz Boorer releaes his latest album Miss Pearl. Order now from recordstore.co.uk and your copy will be exclusively signed by Boz.

Boz Boorer has been Morrissey's musical director and co-writer for 17 years and has written and played on 'Your Arsenal', 'Southpaw Grammar', 'Maladjusted', 'Beethoven Was Deaf', 'You Are The Quarry' and 'Ringleader Of The Tormentors'.

'Miss Pearl' is one hell of an album featuring Boz's full-throttle take on Rockabilly classics.

Thanks, it's been both posted on mainpage and forum (other music) a week ago.

Boz's new album details

Not sure if this should be in 'other music' (I'm sure it will get moved if that is the case;))
Just received details from Boz via his myspace regarding his new album:guitar:

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/home.j...p?productPK=unittest-oVB4uTh8e6UUYscxqN3IEb-1

Can't wait to hear the version of The Ramones 'Rockaway Beach'

Jukebox Jury

EDIT: OK, I was wrong, it did get moved but not into other music;)

Last edited:
His voice is quite wonderful, but the American accent is odd... if memory serves! Can't wait to hear this and hope he does a solo gig in Dublin, or maybe Morrissey will let him sing one of his songs at one of his gigs!?

A version of Rockaway Beach!?:eek: Holy shit, how wonderful!

Miss Pearl

Is anyone planning to buy Boz's new album, "Miss Pearl" which comes out next week? I think I'll give it a spin!:)

Tags
boz
Back
Top Bottom