Boz en route to France

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
A small bit of news:
(posted for those who don't use Facebook).

From Boz's Artist Facebook page:
"Boz is busy away in the studio for a while.....
Watch this space!!"

From Boz's personal Facebook page:
"what's the weather like in France?"
He arrived by Eurostar in France on Saturday the 1st.

Looks like recording is going to be happening soon.
Regards,
FWD

Re: Boz en route to France...

Thank you.

Great news! Hopefully they start recording this week. I'd love to see Alain emerge from the shadows, with 6 or 7 new songs, and record with Morrisey & the guys. Probably overwhelming odds this won't happen, but who knows, anything's possible in life. With Boz & Jesse at the helm I think two/thirds of the songs on the new album should be pretty good. I hope so. It'll be interesting to find out.

Any thoughts as to whether there will be any cameos as per Morricone, Beck, or Young int he last few records?

Great news! Hopefully they start recording this week. I'd love to see Alain emerge from the shadows, with 6 or 7 new songs, and record with Morrisey & the guys. Probably overwhelming odds this won't happen, but who knows, anything's possible in life. With Boz & Jesse at the helm I think two/thirds of the songs on the new album should be pretty good. I hope so. It'll be interesting to find out.

Gustavo is supposed to have some material in the ring for consideration, too. I'm interested in hearing that.

Gustavo is supposed to have some material in the ring for consideration, too. I'm interested in hearing that.

Where did you run into those rumors? I hadn't heard that.

Can't believe album is going ahead ! Hope production isn't sludgy and laboured like ROTT. Hope the Gustavo rumour is correct ...

Where did you run into those rumors? I hadn't heard that.

He said it in a Q&A session following a cinema screening of Morrissey 25:live in September, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I believe he said something to the affect that he submitted music to Morrissey, I don't think he verified either way if Morrissey selected his compositions to write lyrics for. Here's hoping. Gustavo seems to be an excellent player.

Me too, I'm interested to hear what Gustavo brings to the table. Thanks for the information.

Can't believe album is going ahead ! Hope production isn't sludgy and laboured like ROTT. Hope the Gustavo rumour is correct ...

I agree, some of the production on "Ringleader..." was lackluster. "In The Future When All's Well" is a terrific song, but it gets zapped by the tepid production. This blatantly shows itself from the 1:39 to the 1:48 point of the song. I still love that song though. I hope this new producer & the band pay attention to detail and strike gold with some fabulous music!

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree, some of the production on "Ringleader..." was lackluster. "In The Future When All's Well" is a terrific song, but it gets zapped by the tepid production. This blatantly shows itself from the 1:39 to the 1:48 point of the song. I still love that song though. I hope this new producer & the band pay attention to detail and strike gold with some fabulous music!

Don't know if you ever heard the ROTT tracks recorded for French TV a few years back now. They all , especially Far-Off and Future , sound ( gasp!) sharp and vibrant ... far superior to the album versions ...

Send them all good mojo, people. If you want to of course. :p

Send them all good mojo, people. If you want to of course. :p

Oh CG don't worry, I'm sure Morrissey gets all the encouragement he needs...
But I'm sending a pat on B.Boorer's back for taking the train. No, we are evolving, I can see that. Well done! :)

I think Boz is only for five or six songs co-written with Moz, no more......that's why he needs Alain...... where the hell is Alain???!!! :confused:

Does anyone know how we can stop Jesse entering France?
Maybe like put blocks on the border, or something?

Does anyone know how we can stop Jesse entering France?
Maybe like put blocks on the border, or something?

Well mate, I have no problem with Jesse entering anything. In theory.
Plus if they strip-searched him at the airport and didn't find a Mexican, there's really nothing I can do.

Back
Top Bottom