Boz is back in town - Interview in Hot Press Magazine (Ireland)

"Does Boz cringe along with the rest of the world when Morrissey drops the occasional verbal clanger, such as likening the 2011 Norway massacre to the evils of fast-food? He falls silent, not quite sure how to answer".

How sad that even Moz' right-hand man is too scared to speak his mind at this stage in the game.

There's different ways of looking at it, but you really have to admire Boz's sense of loyalty. After 20 years of friendship with Morrissey he's never uttered a bad word about him. To do that in the enviroment that he's in is very high praise.

There's different ways of looking at it, but you really have to admire Boz's sense of loyalty. After 20 years of friendship with Morrissey he's never uttered a bad word about him. To do that in the environment that he's in is very high praise.

Not when your job depends on it.

"Does Boz cringe along with the rest of the world when Morrissey drops the occasional verbal clanger, such as likening the 2011 Norway massacre to the evils of fast-food? He falls silent, not quite sure how to answer".

How sad that even Moz' right-hand man is too scared to speak his mind at this stage in the game.

It's true - whilst many may not necessarily agree with Morrissey's views, in this depressing and fairly hopeless world in which we live, the fact that Morrissey freely expresses his (often controversial) views is indeed commendable.

Not when your job depends on it.

I'm sure there's other reasons why Boz has stayed with Morrissey all these years. You make it sound as though Boz would be destitute if he left Morrissey's side. All the other ex musicians seem to have done quite well on their own.

I'm sure there's other reasons why Boz has stayed with Morrissey all these years. You make it sound as though Boz would be destitute if he left Morrissey's side. All the other ex musicians seem to have done quite well on their own.

Oh, I'm sure there are, yeah. I'm not saying Boz would be on the street or whatever, but he's obviously better off working for Morrissey than not. Spencer Cobrin is selling real estate in New York to put money on the table.

Oh, I'm sure there are, yeah. I'm not saying Boz would be on the street or whatever, but he's obviously better off working for Morrissey than not. Spencer Cobrin is selling real estate in New York to put money on the table.

Amy; there's no way you can compare Boz and Spencer. Boz is not walking on tip toes... he's merely explaining that Morrissey is entitled to have an opinion. Boz would have had an music career even if Morrissey had chosen another path years ago.

Boz got a huge cheer when Morrissey introduced the band last Friday in Niagara Falls. Boz is a great musician and Morrissey's fan appreciate him, and his contribution to co-writing many of Morrissey's timeless songs (incl. some of my favourites Speedway, Hold onto your Friends, among others). By the way, he also looks good in drag (dressed in drag for Manchester and Edinburgh shows this summer). Does anyone know if he does dresses in drag for many shows or was this a one-off?

He was in drag for all of the 2012 tour this spring and summer- the S. American, Asian, Southwestern USA, and the European dates- save for a couple of nights.
Who knows what the rest of the USA tour will hold? :p

I get what you are saying about how he didn't come right out and say what he really thinks about some of the bigger PR debacles. But, to me, it was implied, through the "falls silent" and "I can see your point" that Boz is conflicted about them, too.
He didn't give an enthusiastic defense of the comments or say he agreed with them, he just defended Morrissey's right to speak his mind.

Hi Amy. I think part of it could be that we all make the mistake of assuming other people agree with us, many times right until they shock us by telling us they don't. It's possible that you think you and Boz are both rational people so of course you're both horrified by Morrissey's comments. You're assuming that Boz is choking back his disagreement and that he would like to and probably should denounce what Morrissey said.

It's possible that he simply assumes Morrissey can speak for himself and doesn't want to have his own series of statements and explanations about something he wouldn't have said himself, and maybe even disagrees, but I don't think it's fear of denouncing Morrissey's views, but more of a worldview where people have differing opinions. It's also a matter of loyalty and respect, not to go along with anything Morrissey says, but to let him take care of that part of his career, and concentrate on the musical side.

I have a friend that says things that would make headlines if she were famous, and I don't always agree, but if I were asked to comment on her views, I'd do the same thing, neither endorse them nor condemn them. After all it's just something that was said and it happens to be true, but just in bad taste to say it. I don't think it requires everyone he knows to sign a statement saying they disagree.

Reporters try to keep this crap going for headlines. If that was the most important thing they talked about it wasn't a very good interview and maybe Boz was trying to keep from telling the reporter it was a stupid question. "what do you think of what your friend/boss said, months and months ago, that caused all that controversy, and would you like to warm it up and have leftovers?" is basically the question. How would you answer it?

Boz is lovely and always makes time to talk with me on Facebook. I sent him one of my tracks recently and he took the time to listen to it and told me it was lovely. I will always remember this gesture. On a similar note, I recorded a cover of Still Ill because I was bored, I play all the insruments and wail along, etc...it's very similar to the original but just playing it was sheer enjoyment...see what you think.

http://snd.sc/XVps7Z

thanks

I get what you are saying about how he didn't come right out and say what he really thinks about some of the bigger PR debacles. But, to me, it was implied, through the "falls silent" and "I can see your point" that Boz is conflicted about them, too.
He didn't give an enthusiastic defense of the comments or say he agreed with them, he just defended Morrissey's right to speak his mind.

The journalist has an agenda and a point of view. Writing things like "falls silent" are just trying to lead us to his opinion that Boz and Moz disagree on things. It may be true, but Boz doesn't say anything like that, and this writer is trying to create drama. "falls silent" could have been "Boz considers the question..." or "Boz wondered if he left the stove on." Its bullshit journalism, IMO

Didn't know there even was a massacre in, where was it you say? Ahh yes, Norway? What happened? Was a polar bear harmed ?

Fast "food" , IS far worse than some moody Norseman playing Eric the Red. So the dude wacked a few punks.. Probably had it comming to em anyways...

Oh ya... That was that screwy boyscout who got depressed when there was no more fried chicken... So he went postal and flew the coupe...So what if a few little f-ers got clipped... Probably gang members, first of many to kick off.

Fast "food" , IS far worse than some moody Norseman playing Eric the Red. So the dude wacked a few punks.. Probably had it comming to em anyways...

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom