Brett from Suede on Morrissey in Swedish podcast

Brett Anderson Hemma hos Strage:
https://www.acast.com/hemmahosstrage/brett-anderson-hemma-hos-strage
[22:30 in]

44543_brett_anderson.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
but what was Morrissey meaning to imply by saying that brett would be eating them in bed?
He's calling him gauche and immature. It's like saying you've got nothing better to do than lie in bed and eat cake... in the way of young people who live small lives in bedsits/their bedrooms because they haven't yet evolved. Funnily enough, rather like Morrissey was, or so the legend has it.

Last edited:
Maybe ambitious outsiders.

Yeah I think it’s mostly due to the name issue. Funny as my father in law knows the lady apparently and when I was babbling about suede one night as I did often at that time at a family dinner I brought up how I’d probably never get to see them live do to this. he took her side and we nearly ruined dinner for everyone

Wow, crazy story. I hear that The London Suede was a comprise and the trademark owner had much worse versions in mind. It seems like a relatively minor thing but I really believe that the name change ended up hurting their popularity in the US.

Wow, crazy story. I hear that The London Suede was a comprise and the trademark owner had much worse versions in mind. It seems like a relatively minor thing but I really believe that the name change ended up hurting their popularity in the US.

It was weirdly coincidental. Now we live in the area that she was from but it was still odd. I was used to no one in America really knowing who suede were but to hear that he knew the other suede and the story threw me for a loop. I don’t know about there popularity being hurt by the name, I think it more just the fact that they just didn’t tour because of it. Also because of the cranberries tour kinda going badly and then the stolen gear etc. suede didn’t really fit into the music scene that was going on at that time despite in supposedly being more open minded rock music. Oasis got big because of the sixties connection that both alt rock and Brit pop had at that moment and blur had song two which wasn’t there usual sound but none of the Brit pop stuff was really popular here in any big way. Oasis and elastica were the exceptions. When I do find someone that knows suede it’s been through unusual connections. One guy only knew headmusic because of some soundtrack and thought them an exclusively electro rock band

Sorry for anonymous reply - I can't remember my log in as I don't post here often.

Anyway - Suede's gear was stolen in Boston during their two night stand at Paradise club. I was lucky enough to see night one electric... then night two acoustic because their shit was stolen. Was really amazing to see them both nights... I have a really shitty bootleg cassette I made of both nights. Made me really love them forever, those two nights.

Scott

Strage is a man in his own universe and he used to be on tv and radio a lot but not so much in recent years although I of course don't follow mainstream news as much.
Massive Moz fan who defended Moz after his Hultsfred gig when the ginger girl next to him, another music journo, said that Moz's gig didn't impress her at all.
There are only two indie hipsters in Sweden worth a mention and that is Strage and Andres Lokko.

Sorry for anonymous reply - I can't remember my log in as I don't post here often.

Anyway - Suede's gear was stolen in Boston during their two night stand at Paradise club. I was lucky enough to see night one electric... then night two acoustic because their shit was stolen. Was really amazing to see them both nights... I have a really shitty bootleg cassette I made of both nights. Made me really love them forever, those two nights.

Scott

Scott - Come on now - you gotta get that bootleg tape digitized and share. I have one from a LA Dog Man Star era show...if only I can find it!

MrShoes

Yeah that anecdote is mentioned by Brett in Love and Poison which I just finished reading. I love Suede, but that book really illustrates how fame turned them into a bunch of spoilt brats – with the exception of Mat, perhaps.

Last edited:
He's calling him gauche and immature. It's like saying you've got nothing better to do than lie in bed and eat cake... in the way of young people who live small lives in bedsits/their bedrooms because they haven't yet evolved. Funnily enough, rather like Morrissey was, or so the legend has it.
Exactly as I would have said it. Only better. I mean yours is better. Shit you know what I mean.

ahh he looks like such a fawn in that picture with his big eyes and his long coltish legs. pretty man. pretty pretty man.
It's time to change your undies, dear!
Take revenge on the pot smoking heat generating neighbour by running a long washing programme in the middle of the night.
I assume you have your own washing machine or do you sit all cute on top of a table at a launderette somewhere scribbling down all your insecurities in life?
I'd eat ya like candy!

by the way the name brett suits you soooo much more than that gross Kavanaugh guy. his name should be something like carl instead. carl Kavanagh. not a pretty name like brett.

don't be so gross, brett might be reading this!

his brett! :love:
LOL

You love it and spend boring days at work reading my posts over and over again.

In other news CG loved the fact the title contained the word swedish.

Strage became very political in recent years cause of the Sweden Democrats success in the elections over the years. He's the ultimate soyboy and look at this classic Joy Division t-shirt he is wearing with arabic instead of english:

fredrik.strage

TV4 morning news show uses him as a popular culture expert and this is a picture from when Bowie died and he was live on the show to sum it up.

hqdefault.jpg

He manages to turn absolutely anything into some kind of hipster related indie thing.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom