[BT] Morrissey - 2007-05-09: Fillmore Auditorium, Denver, CO

I've never used torrents before, but I really want to hear this show. I downloaded the file and added it to UTorrents. how do I get the file to actually play though? Please help.

I got it to work! Woo hoo!
This is how you do it.
1. Register at smithstorrents
2. Download and install Utorrents
3. Click link on smithtorrents to download
4. Download and install foobar2000. Make it your default audio player.
5. In Utorrents, add the file
6. Scroll down and you will see the individual files
7. Click on the file you want to play.

Hope this helps. Took me a few hours to figure this out. Now, how to put it on itunes??

I found out from people that torrents software is basically spyware and that once you download it, you can't get it off your computer. Great. Why do guys use torrents?? Plus, you have to download a bunch of software just to use the files, eg burn to CD. I have yet to figure out how to put it on my ipod.

I found out from people that torrents software is basically spyware and that once you download it, you can't get it off your computer. Great. Why do guys use torrents?? Plus, you have to download a bunch of software just to use the files, eg burn to CD. I have yet to figure out how to put it on my ipod.

Good question...

I could have sworn you said you were going to stop the snide comments at the flac people...

I agree about the Torrents. It bogs down my computer and takes up all my resources. Plus it seems to take forever. But the plus to it is that you get full length DVD's so That alone is worth the hassles. Soulseek has worked great for me.

I could have sworn you said you were going to stop the snide comments at the flac people...

Isn't it a good question for her to ask?

Seriously...

I think the tapers should get some respect and appreciation whatever one might think of their requests. They are actually doing something and helping fans enjoy the music. They also tend to be a little more informed on these issues.

Thanks Fatah. I think you hit on one solution when you suggested that you might make high quality mp3's yourself and release these along with the lossless files. Then people wouldn't havt the incentive to take the files you recorded and convert them anyway. And since it is ok for people to convert for their own use that means there are going to be lots of versions converted at different levels of quality. When people share their files unless they kepp their "converted for personal use" files in a separate folder they could share your files as mp3's without intentionally going against your requests, but just through carelessness.

SNS22, I don't think your issue is about quality of recordings, you just don't want someone to tell you what to do. ;) That's fine but I don't see the point in arguing with the people that take the risks, spend the money and the time to bring us these recordings.

Torrent downloaders are no more spyware than soulseek is. Anything you install on your computer can be uninstalled. (Except possibly AOL ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the tapers should get some respect and appreciation whatever one might think of their requests. They are actually doing something and helping fans enjoy the music. They also tend to be a little more informed on these issues.

Thanks Fatah. I think you hit on one solution when you suggested that you might make high quality mp3's yourself and release these along with the lossless files. Then people wouldn't havt the incentive to take the files you recorded and convert them anyway. And since it is ok for people to convert for their own use that means there are going to be lots of versions converted at different levels of quality. When people share their files unless they kepp their "converted for personal use" files in a separate folder they could share your files as mp3's without intentionally going against your requests, but just through carelessness.

SNS22, I don't think your issue is about quality of recordings, you just don't want someone to tell you what to do. ;) That's fine but I don't see the point in arguing with the people that take the risks, spend the money and the time to bring us these recordings.

Torrent downloaders are no more spyware than soulseek is. Anything you install on your computer can be uninstalled. (Except possibly AOL ;) )

Dave..I am done arguing my point actually...

My remark was to the fact that I think she was rasing some good questions, that somebody should give her a good answer......

I like http://www.utorrent.com/. It doesn't slow down your computer if you set the upload and download speeds low enough. Soulseek will slow down your computer too if you set it too high.

It's true that you may not always complete a download although you have the advantage of downloading from several people at once. On soulseek, you are downloading from one person. They sometimes sign off never to be heard from again. At least with torrents you have a hope that another person will be offering the file and you may eventually complete.

You also have the advantage of seeing how many people are offering the file and if it seems too iffy you don't have to waste your time starting it. I like soulseek, too. It seems that a lot more is available there than on torrents, but if you are looking for something new and popular torrents are the way to go.

I am not that knowledgeable about any of this but hope this information might help.

Back
Top Bottom