Buenos Aires - Geba (Mar. 4, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Alma Matters / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Will See You In Far Off Places / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / Black Cloud / Meat Is Murder / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Scandinavia / How Soon Is Now? // One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by CrystalGeezer, anonymous persons

• Photos (21 total) posted in a Facebook gallery, link from Don Atti.
  • Morrissey en GEBA: pare de sufrir, photos by Tomás Correa Arce (15 total) - Rolling Stone Argentina. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • "Sabemos que las Malvinas son argentinas" - Cronica. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Cobertura: Morrissey en G.E.B.A (4 photos) - Vomb. Link posted by alabamy.
  • Morrissey estremeció a 20 mil fanáticos en GEBA, photos by Nicolás Stulberg (19 total) - infobae.com. Link posted by Don Atti.

515687.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the show was OK and the band sounded awesome. However, MOZ's voice could have been a bit louder, even thought it sounded ok.

In comparisson to the last time he played in Argentina, he looked tired and not so dedicated to the audience, he did spoke to us from time to time, but the last time it was like a stand up comedy show between every single song.

I also think that the show lacked prompts. THERE WERE NO BIG SCREENS, and the stage was very low, a lot of people complaint about that. I missed a lot because of that.

Anyway, it was a magical night, a short magical night.

Setlist and some between-song-banter and lyric changes as heard on the livestream of the show. The question marks every other song indicate that the sound was garbled by the livestream DJs yammering over him talking.

FOTG

"Gracias" and "Thank you"

TYWTML

Lyric change towards end..."Love of my heart, God knows I forgive you..."

"Gracias"

YTOFMF

"These songs are pieces of my heart of which there are many more."

TIALTNGO

drinking water, no comments

EDILS

Lyric change "Scratch on a post card, oh ma ma!"

After, "Ole!" and "Do you really? Can you prove it? Now? How?" (Maybe while handing mic to crowd but nobody took it? Not sure I was transcribing like crazy.)

WLISTC

?????"like nobody cares..."

AM

Lyric addition after my life to ruin part, he said "this life" and points to band. Also, "To someone, somewhere...I don't know where, Alma matters..."

After, "I love you. Thank you." and "Do you have any doubts? Do you? That's all."

ITMAAP

Lyric change, "In the absence of your smiling face, I troll all over the place"

Afterward ????????? Jesus ??????Jesus????

OB

Lyric change, "...miserable planet..."

Up to this point he had on a yellow shirt and changed to a blue shirt. Then...

"Have you been following the American election? Well there is no point really. In America it is 1952. Have you noticed? No you haven't."

IWSYIFOP

????? ??????? (yelping funny stuff like he does, not sure what)

IKIO

"Gracias."

LMKY

Then the sound cut out after he threw his shirt, must've blown the sound guys mind. :D
He puts on a red shirt, introduced the band then by the video it was obvious they played Meat Is Murder but I didn't hear a note of it. :(

MIM

Then after ait was done sound comes back on and he says

?????????Maldive Islands???????Argentina?????????

PPPLMGWIW

"Thank you."

S(candinavia)

He switches to a red shirt for

HSIN

He switches to a blue shirt and at some point Gustavo speaks to the crowd in Spanish and they go bananas.

Encore
acapela singing "I tend to come and go, well that's okay just as long as you know...Solomon?"

ODGBWBF

"I love you! Ciao!!"

That'll be a hundred dollars. I accept papal. :p

The reference to Jesus was because a plane was passing at a distance and he said "Oh there's Jesus, Jesus" and after a pause "...not, no Jesus"

me too , I also watched it in the stream they put up and I was also about to jump out of the chair when I heard the beginning of "I won´t share you ".. Watched from the half of the concert , it seems that there was only one encore song .. and maybe not as good as the Rosario gig? anyone?

Cordoba and Rosario concerts were in smaller roof stadiums (far less people) and the distance between the scenary and the people was shorter - Morrissey did touch hands and gave the mic to the audience there, not in BA. Though, the audience's euphoria in BA was louder...

was a great show, managed to catch most of it thanks to morrisseysworld who had a link to the live broadcast but we need an argentinian to let us know what songs was played when it was quiet, nobody who watched online could be sure it was meat is murder or black cloud

He sang both Meet is Murder and Black Cloud

He just sang the line "life tends to come and go, that's ok as long as you know" before launching into one day goodbye will be farewell

Morrissey has become so tired and pretty much comical. The way he treats his band like baby dolls is quite sad, and for Boz and company to have no self worth and accept this is sad.

Additionally, if he is somehow involved with that ridiculous and sad blog, then this would totally confirm how Morrissey has gone from a very creative and classic lyricist to a caricature of a bitter old man.

I have been a long time fan (not that this means anything), but the way he has slowly and consistently done things to vanquish a once enviable and impressive career is very disheartening. I still can't believe that he would go this route, as he has really turned himself into a joke.

f***, you're transparent.

Give it up.

My feeling:
I’m a very big fan of Smiths and Moz since my school time.
It was the third time I saw Morrissey, the first was in 2000 at the Luna Park, the second in 2004 at the Personal Fest and this one.
I can feel very emotions at the same time about the last night show: happiness, sorrow, melancholy, sorrow because it's over, all of this are the same I had the first time.
It was one of the best memorable events of my life.

The show:
This was great! 20.000 persons enjoying and jumping at the same time! and singing the songs.
The first songs were enjoyed very hard, I was into the crowd in the Vip Field very close to the stage, it was very exciting!!
Very well about the Malvinas mention.
It was for me a very special moment when he performed “Please Please Please let me get what I want”, but it seemed nobody knew the song. I sang it in a very loud voice (and out of tune…).
In another time, at the beginning of a theme, he song “a capella” “Life tends…..” (from the song “I Wont Share You”) and he make a short silent, I think it was because he hoped anyone continues with the lyrics, and then I shouted “…to come and go”, it was unbelievable to me!!!, and he continued with a very short fragment and started with another song I can’t remember.
I will post the some videos in youtube very soon.
(sorry about any mistake in my English )

Last night was a great concert, mostly because Moz was wonderful, his voice, his mood, all about him was perfect. It is always the perfect date seeing him on the stage. The feeling he put when singing the songs was awesome. A surprise to me was "Scandinavia" his voice was perfect. My highlight was "Please please please..." it was such a special moment. I waited for "Speedway" but it was not in the setlist, either " Still Ill" unfortunately. Was a great night and ended too soon, would love it has last 3 hours!

I would have prefered a small venue and several concerts in Buenos Aires, as being in the middle of 20thousand people was not nice, was impersonal and not warm at some point, he did not pass the microphone to the first row (screaming in a way that at one moment Moz laughed too) as he did the previous gigs. Lots of new young fans who have not idea about "Ouija Board.." and not even mention "please please" and "I know it´s over", sad but true anyway they are young enough to learn and drive themselves into "musical history"..I hope,

Don't apologize for your English. It was great reading your thoughts from Buenos Aires here in Tokyo!
Was it the audience really 20,000 strong? Wow...

Going by your impression, it seems that many fans down there became fans during the solo years and not so much The Smiths back catalogue, is that right?

Glad you enjoyed it!

My feeling:
I’m a very big fan of Smiths and Moz since my school time.
It was the third time I saw Morrissey, the first was in 2000 at the Luna Park, the second in 2004 at the Personal Fest and this one.
I can feel very emotions at the same time about the last night show: happiness, sorrow, melancholy, sorrow because it's over, all of this are the same I had the first time.
It was one of the best memorable events of my life.

The show:
This was great! 20.000 persons enjoying and jumping at the same time! and singing the songs.
The first songs were enjoyed very hard, I was into the crowd in the Vip Field very close to the stage, it was very exciting!!
Very well about the Malvinas mention.
It was for me a very special moment when he performed “Please Please Please let me get what I want”, but it seemed nobody knew the song. I sang it in a very loud voice (and out of tune…).
In another time, at the beginning of a theme, he song “a capella” “Life tends…..” (from the song “I Wont Share You”) and he make a short silent, I think it was because he hoped anyone continues with the lyrics, and then I shouted “…to come and go”, it was unbelievable to me!!!, and he continued with a very short fragment and started with another song I can’t remember.
I will post the some videos in youtube very soon.
(sorry about any mistake in my English )

Back
Top Bottom