"California Son" review in Advertiser.ie

Album review: Morrissey - California Son - Advertiser.ie
by Kernan Andrews

Excerpt:
SUPPORTING BREXIT and UKIP, and making sympathetic comments about far-right figures have left Morrissey fans disgusted, in despair, and in denial - often, with long term fans like myself, feeling all three at once.

So is including two 1960s protest songs on his new covers album about making amends or an act of cynical irony?....

Last edited by a moderator:
Christ alive, all this talk about Morrissey's political views is so f***ing boring. Whether it be him sprouting them in interviews or people raging like babies online about them. Whether I agree or disagree with them feels irrelevant - the main question is, do I still enjoy the music? The answer is yes, so that's all that matters. If the answer to that is no, then, go find something else? And if the music is irrelevant and all you care about is the political stuff then, f*** ... go follow something more insightful and important than Morrissey's political views .. maybe an actual politician or something. Morrissey is just a dude with opinions. He has very little actual influence. Why people care so much about it is staggering and I can only assume that half of it, from this site at least, has nothing to do with the actual views themselves. They're just a vehicle to stick the boot in over old grudges. If it was the issues themselves people had a problem with then they'd surely be spending all their time rallying against people with similar views to Morrissey who actually hold influence. But they're not ... they're here on Morrissey-solo because there are old grudges to be had and its just sad.
quite right pokey,when these political threads start I disappear for a day or two,for me its all about the music.

trill-wank.

Moz doesn't want to see his country become foreign and unrecognizable - which are views in line with 99% of the world's population.

It is only in the West that some people see this view as a crime. Around the world it is perfectly natural. Who wants their beloved nation to change for the worse?

I can assure you, he will never retract this opinion or apologize for it.

Urgh! I see someone accidentally overturned that stone you were lurking under. The same old xenophobic shite straight from the sewer.

They weren't so friendly in Northern Island in the 70's and 80's. Every country has their dark side.
You mean the 6 counties. 6out of 32 counties does not represent a country or its people or are you like most English who think Ireland is divided by a line across the middle?

theres this image of Ireland of being a great place with great people,iv been and I found the people unhelpful,unfriendly and sadly a bit boring,infact I actually cut my visit short by a day.
I presume from the attachment you're talking about the 6 counties as being Ireland.
Coming from the Republic to that part of the island is not necessarily a friendly experience either. They can identify a Catholic from 50 paces and I steer well clear of any street or town with a union jack. Irish definately not welcome. A bit like London up to the mid 90s but far more dangerous.
Of course Game of Thrones has brought us all closer together now:rolleyes:

Moz doesn't want to see his country become foreign and unrecognizable - which are views in line with 99% of the world's population.

It is only in the West that some people see this view as a crime. Around the world it is perfectly natural.

Jeez! What tosh this is. More Trumpish nothings spewed without thought.

"... His country become foreign and unrecognizable ...". Which country is that exactly? Could it be the country he hasn't lived in for a lenghty period of time? Oh, and heads-up ... change is not an uncommon experience although it may well be to you.
"... views in line with 99% of the world's population ..." a phrase plucked from the air and every bit as light in substance.
"It is only in the West that some people see this view as a crime. Around the world it is perfectly natural." I assume you read this on the toilet wall at your recent visit to First Britian's HQ?

Jeez! What tosh this is. More Trumpish nothings spewed without thought.

"... His country become foreign and unrecognizable ...". Which country is that exactly? Could it be the country he hasn't lived in for a lenghty period of time? Oh, and heads-up ... change is not an uncommon experience although it may well be to you.
"... views in line with 99% of the world's population ..." a phrase plucked from the air and every bit as light in substance.
"It is only in the West that some people see this view as a crime. Around the world it is perfectly natural." I assume you read this on the toilet wall at your recent visit to First Britian's HQ?

What country became foriegn and unrecognizable? Take your choice, anyone with a white person in charge.............France, Sweden, Canada, Ireland, England, Sweden, Belgium, Italy.........."GLOBALIST AGENDA

You mean the 6 counties. 6out of 32 counties does not represent a country or its people or are you like most English who think Ireland is divided by a line across the middle?

People like Hofmann don't think about Ireland or Northen Ireland at all. When they discuss the UK they consistently refer to it as a country not a 4 nation state. Some of the more anglo-centric within these forums have consistently referred to England as if it is the UK - a tired, old-empire view which festers rather than dies out. They are most likely the type of people who would agree in a heartbeat to a Trump-like wall across Ireland/Northern Ireland.

England is theirs. It owes them a living. They owe it nothing; for they are white and have a out-dated sense of self-serving self-entitlement.

What country became foriegn and unrecognizable? Take your choice, anyone with a white person in charge.............France, Sweden, Canada, Ireland, England, Sweden, Belgium, Italy.........."GLOBALIST AGENDA

Listing countries is very clever and everything but it doesn't prove any point at all does it? What is the definition of unrecognisable that is used for this purpose? That's quite a statement to make. And who is it unrecognisable to? A white, upper-class elite or a white too-lazy-to-work working class? Or, exploiters who want to abuse people from ethnic backgrounds to make more money or those that prefer to blame everyone else (especially those from differing ethnicities) for all their own inherent inadequacies? I can't say I care for any one them.

Is this the same transparent, and therefore trustworthy, Globalist Agenda that actively blocks anyone from finding out who owns it via WHOIS Privacy Service?

This ladies partner doesn't think they are friendly and well balanced. There is still a very dark side to Ireland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-47985469
You're right. The animals that did that are scum of the earth. I'm lucky I've never seen or encountered any of that, and I'd say most people in the Republic would say the same. Hopefully they would anyway. But those violent degenerates are not representative of the vast majority of Irish people.
Anyway my previous post was a generalisation and should be taken with a grain of salt (and a Tequila and slice of lemon).

They weren't so friendly in Northern Island in the 70's and 80's. Every country has their dark side.
You're right and that violence is unacceptable. Its inevitable though when there is an occupying army pointing guns in your face. But I'm a pacifist who luckily never encountered violence apart from a random punch to my head in Dublin while cycling my bike. Basturd's slimy whore girlfriend thought it was the funniest thing ever to see a young lad half mangled in the middle of the road.

Listing countries is very clever and everything but it doesn't prove any point at all does it? What is the definition of unrecognisable that is used for this purpose? That's quite a statement to make. And who is it unrecognisable to? A white, upper-class elite or a white too-lazy-to-work working class? Or, exploiters who want to abuse people from ethnic backgrounds to make more money or those that prefer to blame everyone else (especially those from differing ethnicities) for all their own inherent inadequacies? I can't say I care for any one them.

If a country changed beyond all recognition within 50 years, after having exsisted in a particular form f0r serveral hundred yrs .........then that is unrecognizable. It's quite a statement to make because it's true and obvious to anyone European over a certain age. You think all working class people are lazy? That's some nice class prejudice you have there but I guess you're a self-hating middle class white person that wants to see the destruction of the white race and western society in general.

If a country changed beyond all recognition within 50 years, after having exsisted in a particular form f0r serveral hundred yrs .........then that is unrecognizable. It's quite a statement to make because it's true and obvious to anyone European over a certain age. You think all working class people are lazy? That's some nice class prejudice you have there but I guess you're a self-hating middle class white person that wants to see the destruction of the white race and western society in general.

Chip on shoulder, anyone? You shouldn't internalise in public it's incredibly telling.

The basis of your reponse is that unrecognisable is what you personally deem it to be. How very Trump/Farage of you. It would seem that as there was no specific understanding of the term used that any analysis of findings proves as meaningless as your statement. You claim 'unrecognisable' to be true and support this with waffle about any European over a certain age - could you be more vague?

I think if you read what I wrote you'll find that I never did state " .. all working class people are lazy". I don't think it so I never said it. The fact that you believe me to be middle-class is laughable. How you came to this conclusion is anyone's guess?

You can keep on guessing about me. You've been resolutely wrong thus far. I can't help but wonder why you and those of your ilk feel the constant need to squawk about the imminent demise of the white race and western society. What's so great about being white? Have you no joy in your life?

You're right and that violence is unacceptable. Its inevitable though when there is an occupying army pointing guns in your face. But I'm a pacifist who luckily never encountered violence apart from a random punch to my head in Dublin while cycling my bike. Basturd's slimy whore girlfriend thought it was the funniest thing ever to see a young lad half mangled in the middle of the road.
Chip on shoulder, anyone? You shouldn't internalise in public it's incredibly telling.

The basis of your reponse is that unrecognisable is what you personally deem it to be. How very Trump/Farage of you. It would seem that as there was no specific understanding of the term used that any analysis of findings proves as meaningless as your statement. You claim 'unrecognisable' to be true and support this with waffle about any European over a certain age - could you be more vague?

I think if you read what I wrote you'll find that I never did state " .. all working class people are lazy". I don't think it so I never said it. The fact that you believe me to be middle-class is laughable. How you came to this conclusion is anyone's guess?

You can keep on guessing about me. You've been resolutely wrong thus far. I can't help but wonder why you and those of your ilk feel the constant need to squawk about the imminent demise of the white race and western society. What's so great about being white? Have you no joy in your life?

"Whats so great about being white"...............dear oh dear........the libtard is strong in this one.

Tags
california son info california son review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom