"California Son" review in Advertiser.ie

Album review: Morrissey - California Son - Advertiser.ie
by Kernan Andrews

Excerpt:
SUPPORTING BREXIT and UKIP, and making sympathetic comments about far-right figures have left Morrissey fans disgusted, in despair, and in denial - often, with long term fans like myself, feeling all three at once.

So is including two 1960s protest songs on his new covers album about making amends or an act of cynical irony?....

Last edited by a moderator:
it was Donegal,maybe I just caught people having a bad day.
Again Donegal is a big county, those nearer the border might t be as trusting of strangers as other parts
I love Donegal and have friends from there who are warm and genuine but don't live near the border. Possibly you got the same reception with an English accent that I get with a middle Ireland accent, in some parts of Antrim and Tyrone? Come to the heart of Ireland next time, we're a different breed.

A terrible ramble that concludes by proving the author's point. Well done her.
Someone that syphons her 'informed' opinion from a website that actively blocks transparency - always a sure sign of trustworthiness.

A monster in monster clothing.
"Siphons her opinion" from what website?

These opinions are informed by my own ruminations on real matters that are way too adult for your infantilism. As I've told you before, leave the thinking to us adults. We're much better at it.

You have a gun problem but you've always had a gun problem because you're a country that likes shooting guns. Britain hasn't been like that for centuries.......it's never been perfect but most of our murders are in direct relation to immigration.
Just to exemplify your point, there have been three street murders by black gangs wielding knives and guns in London in the last 24 hours.

The enrichment keeps getting more vibrant by the day!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48646922

The victim was an aspiring musician who "produced drill music" .

Wikipedia: "Drill music is defined by its dark, violent, nihilistic lyrical content."

Live by the machete, die by the machete...

And good riddance.

Well, to be honest, the kid that was murdered looks pretty far from a typical hoodlum, just a poor overweight kid trying to fit in with the society around him.

Well, to be honest, the kid that was murdered looks pretty far from a typical hoodlum, just a poor overweight kid trying to fit in with the society around him.
That's because in the photo they show he's about 11 years old - at the time of his death he was probably six foot four and built like a brick shithouse. They often show an innocent image to tug on the heart strings, then you look into it further and see a facebook photo where he looks like a full-grown scowling man with his hand shape into a gun.

Don't forget, he was black, therefore in our resident racist Reelfountains mind, it's fine that the kid was murdered.

Don't forget, he was black, therefore in our resident racist Reelfountains mind, it's fine that the kid was murdered.
Best not to talk about things you know nothing about. I'm speaking from a London perspective, not a Northern one. Both perpetrators and victims of knife / gun violence on London's streets are virtually all black. So quit the righteous 'racist' mantra - it's meaningless and dated now.

Best not to talk about things you know nothing about. I'm speaking from a London perspective, not a Northern one. Both perpetrators and victims of knife / gun violence on London's streets are virtually all black. So quit the righteous 'racist' mantra - it's meaningless and dated now.

Get f***ed you racist c***!

That's because in the photo they show he's about 11 years old - at the time of his death he was probably six foot four and built like a brick shithouse. They often show an innocent image to tug on the heart strings, then you look into it further and see a facebook photo where he looks like a full-grown scowling man with his hand shape into a gun.

I've been on his FB and I think the photos are accurate for his age, so I don't agree with you on that one.

Again Donegal is a big county, those nearer the border might t be as trusting of strangers as other parts
I love Donegal and have friends from there who are warm and genuine but don't live near the border. Possibly you got the same reception with an English accent that I get with a middle Ireland accent, in some parts of Antrim and Tyrone? Come to the heart of Ireland next time, we're a different breed.
eh west of Scotland accent if you don't mind anon.

Tags
california son info california son review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom