"California Son" still in the top 100 UK Official Albums Chart (#88, week 4)

4th week and still in the top 100 at 88. While the second greatest Manchester band after the Smith's, Joy Division break into the top five with their debut album Unknown Pleasures after 40 years!
Screenshot_20190621-194611_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190621-194542_Chrome.jpg

With almost 3 months to go and at $75 a ticket most of those dates seem to be selling pretty well in my eyes. So again that is a matter of perspective.

Like always you go straight on the defensive, I said some of the dates! However the tickets have already been on sale for months and the coloured dots in the Camden chart are the available seats. If you think that looks good you really do have low expectations.

Like always you go straight on the defensive, I said some of the dates! However the tickets have already been on sale for months and the coloured dots in the Camden chart are the available seats. If you think that looks good you really do have low expectations.
Yes, and I said most of the dates. No need to focus on the least selling one. Or do you check each of the dates on a daily basis to check sales :lbf:

The first one in Merriweather Post Pavillion is 60-70 percent full, with almost 3 months to go.
That seems not so bad as I just said, considering the size of the venue and the ticket prices.

Yes, and I said most of the dates. No need to focus on the least selling one. Or do you check each of the dates on a daily basis to check sales :lbf:

The first one in Merriweather Post Pavillion is 60-70 percent full, with almost 3 months to go.
That seems not so bad as I just said, considering the size of the venue and the ticket prices.

Moz is king, he’s never been doing better, his popularity has never been higher, his album and ticket sales are through the roof. His new material is better than anything he’s ever done.
Is that what you wanna hear..

Moz is king, he’s never been doing better, his popularity has never been higher, his album and ticket sales are through the roof. His new material is better than anything he’s ever done.
Is that what you wanna hear..
That’s ridiculous, and no one ever says that on here. But those bitter little men saying he is at his lowest point in his career certainly have very short memory.

Click on the tour tab and then tickets for a date, buy tickets and zoom in to see seats available. Reckon Camden (below)
is at risk of a downgrade or cancellation along with a couple of others. The last 2 dates on the Canadian tour might be at risk as well.

View attachment 50493

:crazy:
WtF? has Skinny been feeding you pizza pops?
its 3/4 sold out with 3 months to go:lbf:

it would take that cuck :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: 300 comet years to sell as many tickets:rofl:

9436DA8C-F5A7-40D0-B889-0206E9A2222D.gif

Personally, I think California Son is f***ing great. I listen to it, like it and sing along with it. What more may one ask?

That’s ridiculous, and no one ever says that on here. But those bitter little men saying he is at his lowest point in his career certainly have very short memory.

You’re in denial. I get it, I’ve been there. Not on the level of you and ketamine sun. But I’ve defended his bizzare & offensive behaviour in the past, forced myself to like his last few albums, even tho I know they’re shit. You can’t keep bailing him out.

You’re in denial. I get it, I’ve been there. Not on the level of you and ketamine sun. But I’ve defended his bizzare & offensive behaviour in the past, forced myself to like his last few albums, even tho I know they’re shit. You can’t keep bailing him out.
That’s ridiculous (2). Who is talking about his ‘behaviour’ :crazy:

We are talking about chart performances and ticket sales here.

You’ve got to learn to discuss with your mind and not with your gut feeling. We get it you don’t agree with Moz politically. Get over it or move on. Now you are boring everyone to death.

You’ve got to learn to discuss with your mind and not with your gut feeling. We get it you don’t agree with Moz politically. Get over it or move on. Now you are boring everyone to death.

I agree. I don't know if I'm singing along. But that record is f***ING great. He covers Melanie, BSM AND Phil Ochs. I mean gimme f***ing break. You haters need to STFU or Imma CUM for your skulls.

The production on the record is so good. I mean kudos to whomever it was fiddling with the knobs. I woudnt fire them.

Why you saying “we”, stop searching for back up. Lol. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see you’re in denial. You’re absolutely desperate in your attempts to defend Morrissey at all costs. It’s pathetic for a grown man to behave like you. :thumb:

Why you saying “we”, stop searching for back up. Lol. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see you’re in denial. You’re absolutely desperate in your attempts to defend Morrissey at all costs. It’s pathetic for a grown man to behave like you. :thumb:
‘Defending’!?

We as in the people here on this forum, in this topic, were discussing album sales and ticket sales. Among them you.
Don’t you remember? Are you drunk?

Certainly would explain your bizarre switch to Morrissey’s behaviour, which you seem to have some trouble with but we weren’t discussing at all.

‘Defending’!?

We as in the people here on this forum, in this topic, were discussing album sales and ticket sales. Among them you.
Don’t you remember? Are you drunk?

Certainly would explain your bizarre switch to Morrissey’s behaviour, which you seem to have some trouble with but we weren’t discussing at all.

We, we, we, f*** off. Speak up for yourself. You evaded a specific question before relating to album sales, which one if his last 11 has sold less in its first week than California Son. Cumon, I gave you a clue before, what’s the answer.....

Now you are boring everyone to death.

I'm not bored by it. In fact, I find it very interesting how you can view the lack of ticket sales as anything but concerning. In a small venue, like the NY shows, and in the same place it is easy to sell out given any number of people went to several different shows as I would if I lived close by.

But with so many tickets still unsold for the upcoming concerts it certainly can't be viewed as a positive reaction to this mediocre cover release. If I want to see a concert, I have always bought tickets as soon as they were offered for sale. You make it seem like a great quantity will be sold closer to the concert date. I'm not too sure about that.

I'm not bored by it. In fact, I find it very interesting how you can view the lack of ticket sales as anything but concerning. In a small venue, like the NY shows, and in the same place it is easy to sell out given any number of people went to several different shows as I would if I lived close by.

But with so many tickets still unsold for the upcoming concerts it certainly can't be viewed as a positive reaction to this mediocre cover release. If I want to see a concert, I have always bought tickets as soon as they were offered for sale. You make it seem like a great quantity will be sold closer to the concert date. I'm not too sure about that.
Of course, no one knows, but a number of things need to be taken in consideration.

The New York shows were vastly overpriced and still sold really well, grossing 1.86 Million for 7 shows.

The fall Tour is a joint Tour with Interpol, which is a risk for both parties. They are also a bit overpriced with 100 $, which is fine if you like both artists but for the ones who like only of them it is pretty steep.

And the sizes of the venues are also relatively large compared to where he played his last US tours.

Still, with only 70-80 percent capacity in these venues and at these prices it will be a success for all concerned.

Of course, no one knows, but a number of things need to be taken in consideration.

The New York shows were vastly overpriced and still sold really well, grossing 1.86 Million for 7 shows.

The fall Tour is a joint Tour with Interpol, which is a risk for both parties. They are also a bit overpriced with 100 $, which is fine if you like both artists but for the ones who like only of them it is pretty steep.

And the sizes of the venues are also relatively large compared to where he played his last US tours.

Still, with only 70-80 percent capacity in these venues and at these prices it will be a success for all concerned.

You are right about ticket prices. They have risen to the point that makes one think about how important it is to see an act live. I believe this has a lot to do with the lost revenue from record sales as everything is now available for free download. It is the only way for an artist to make money now a days.

I remember when I saw Morrissey in Chicago on the Kill Uncle tour and I bought tickets for me and my friends right away only to arrive and find we were in a back section of the venue with a vast number of open seats all around us and even on the main level.

Probably makes more sense to show up the night of and at least then you would know he actually would be performing. There is an upside to his declining popularity if you really think about it.

:rolleyes:

o_O

Barnaby at a concert.doh:
Pray you dont sit next to him.:pray:
Old timer complaining about the price of the beer, the parking,:swear
'the young kids today'. yabayaba :swearthe whole night.doh:

You are right about ticket prices. They have risen to the point that makes one think about how important it is to see an act live. I believe this has a lot to do with the lost revenue from record sales as everything is now available for free download. It is the only way for an artist to make money now a days.

I remember when I saw Morrissey in Chicago on the Kill Uncle tour and I bought tickets for me and my friends right away only to arrive and find we were in a back section of the venue with a vast number of open seats all around us and even on the main level.

Probably makes more sense to show up the night of and at least then you would know he actually would be performing. There is an upside to his declining popularity if you really think about it.

o_O
you and your invisible friend went to a Moz concert ONCE UPON A TIME:lbf:
there was a 'vast' number of open seats when Moz was popular back 2o years ago
when actually went to a concert:rolleyes:
but now that he has declining popularity he is selling thousands????:crazy:

hitting the night train there , I see:lbf:

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom