"California Son" Test Pressings for sale at Mporium

https://uk.mporium.org/products/california-son-album-pre-sale-test-pressing

I’ll use the term “Test Pressing” loosely. 100 copies at £100 each. I think I’ll give this one a miss.

46387_california_son_test_pressing.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can post links to half a dozen that have sold for £250/300, or links to the ones still sat on eBay that arnt getting shifted.
How many of those were even signed? 200? Posting links to the 6 highest sold is hardly proof of anything. Naturally people are gonna get the itch and buy at any cost, but on the whole, most people are now refusing to buy into this shit.
If you think those are worth £600 just cos a handful of dummies have nothing better to spend their money on, then you’re crazy too.
A few California Son LPs will pop up on eBay for £200-300 and no doubt get sold, but you’re aiming at 1% of the collecting community with prices like those, the other 99% are finally saying “f*** this!”.
Once the fever dies down, they’ll find their price, and it won’t be too far off the £100 they were originally bought for. There’s very little room for an increase in value when the price is set so high from the off.

According to Popsike, 19 signed test pressings of Low in High School have been auctioned/sold on ebay.

Only 4 signed test pressings of Low in High School are available on ebay atm.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...+in+high+school+test+pressing+signed&_sacat=0

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You wrote:

That simply isn't true is it?

Why cos 19 people have paid more?
I already said, some will sell for a lot of money. But on the whole they won’t make much profit. There’s more people saying no, than there is saying yes to these tests. You can even buy a signed LIHS for £200 on Discogs, that guy has give up trying to make a profit on it, he’s just selling it for the original price.
Those things didn’t even sell out at the pop up shops, they were relisted on Mporium.

I already said, some will sell for a lot of money. But on the whole they won’t make much profit. There’s more people saying no, than there is saying yes to these tests. You can even buy a signed LIHS for £200 on Discogs, that guy has give up trying to make a profit on it, he’s just selling it for the original price.
Those things didn’t even sell out at the pop up shops, they were relisted on Mporium.

There are 7 copies available to buy between ebay and discogs. Priced between £200 - £1,000. 19 have been sold on ebay. That makes 26 copies. So where are the other 174 copies?

There are 7 copies available to buy between ebay and discogs. Priced between £200 - £1,000. 19 have been sold on ebay. That makes 26 copies. So where are the other 174 copies?

On some lucky fans shelves is my guess!

Moz items always ZOOM UPWARDS IN VALUE:thumb:
Moz collectibles are just below Picasso as artistic investments due to the collectible nature and their incredible VALUE:thumb:
ignore the Hooky tours trolling here. Hooky stuff zooms downward rapidly
mostly rubber baubles of unknown origin.:tears:

Lucky that:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: cant afford to make 100 test pressings, otherwise we would
be full of his troll tours on here toodoh:

Yes you’re proving my f***ing point, sellers can’t get rid. If they were that highly sought after there wouldn’t be a single copy across all platforms, let alone 7.

Yes you’re proving my f***ing point, sellers can’t get rid. If they were that highly sought after there wouldn’t be a single copy across all platforms, let alone 7.

You'd have to be a cynic to think that all of the other 174 copies are in the hands of sellers. By the way, who do you think bought those 19 copies listed on Popsike? More sellers? Come on ffs!

You'd have to be a cynic to think that all of the other 174 copies are in the hands of sellers. By the way, who do you think bought those 19 copies listed on Popsike? More sellers? Come on ffs!

:lbf:

YES ALL 174 COPIES ARE IN THE HANDS OF 174 SHARKS!!!!:swear

19 COPIES BOUGHT BY 19 SHARKS!!:drama:

WHICH MAKES FOR A TOTAL OF 193 FREE FLOATING SHARKS!!!!:swear

:tiphat:

:laughing:

Personally, I couldn't resist. Obviously it isn't a true test pressing else there wouldn't be 100 of them. But I am assuming it will have a different matrix number than the normally release, so having one of the 100 in existence seems a fair price for £100. But that is just my opinion?

Yes the signed tests at Camden sold out

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom