"California Son" track listing posted on Morrissey Central

The Morrissey Covers Album - Morrissey Central
December 5, 2018

The track-list for Morrissey's California Son recording:

MORNING STARSHIP (Jobriath)
DON'T INTERRUPT THE SORROW (Joni Mitchell)
ONLY A PAWN IN THEIR GAME (Bob Dylan)
SUFFER THE LITTLE CHILDREN (Buffy Sainte Marie)
DAYS OF DECISION (Phil Ochs)
IT'S OVER (Roy Orbison)
WEDDING BELL BLUES (Laura Nyro)
LONELINESS REMEMBERS WHAT HAPPINESS FORGETS (Dionne Warwick)
LADY WILLPOWER (Gary Puckett & the Union Gap)
WHEN YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES (Carly Simon)
LENNY'S TUNE (Tim Hardin)
SOME SAY I GOT DEVIL (Melanie)

The album is produced by Joe Chiccarelli and will be released by BMG.

Oh cool i forgot it was a covers record!

I just wish I could see Uncleskinny's face when Morrissey sings the Bob Dylan track with the "Negro" lyric. Oh boy.

Wow! I can't believe he's a Phil Ochs fan. I rarely find anyone to discuss his music with. I have all his albums and always saw Phil and Morrissey as similar artists in a way. I'm really looking forward to this. Very interesting selections.

We’re you under the impression that hank Williams Elvis Johnny thunders and the ramones were all vegan
Hank, Elvis and Johnny never spouted the kind of BULLSHIT that dribbles from Steve’s gob. Morrissey makes a living off pop-offs about animal rights. He panders to folks who amount to loudmouth porridge. Check it’s a f***ing fact. Halfway don’t play if you wanna lip your way along.

Hank, Elvis and Johnny were also very clear about the benefit of a good shit-kicking. You wanna compare a spoon-fed, pussy mama’s boy to those titans? You’re well above your pay grade, kiddo. Just another lippy, loopy rube - talking nonsense on mommy’s internet connection.

There’s always someone, somewhere...

Get a f***ing clue.

Wow! I can't believe he's a Phil Ochs fan. I rarely find anyone to discuss his music with. I have all his albums and always saw Phil and Morrissey as similar artists in a way. I'm really looking forward to this. Very interesting selections.
City Boy has been on his intro-playlist at concerts for years.
And yes, I’m also a big fan of Phil’s!
Good to have both him and Bob on this record.

I always wanted to hear him do a version of this Phil Ochs song. It's very different from his folk era song, Days of Decision. This is one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Hank, Elvis and Johnny never spouted the kind of BULLSHIT that dribbles from Steve’s gob. Morrissey makes a living off pop-offs about animal rights. He panders to folks who amount to loudmouth porridge. Check it’s a f***ing fact. Halfway don’t play if you wanna lip your way along.

Hank, Elvis and Johnny were also very clear about the benefit of a good shit-kicking. You wanna compare a spoon-fed, pussy mama’s boy to those titans? You’re well above your pay grade, kiddo. Just another lippy, loopy rube - talking nonsense on mommy’s internet connection.

There’s always someone, somewhere...

Get a f***ing clue.

They all ate meat and he’s covered them all very recently so why youre surprised he enjoys covers and promotes artists who aren’t vegan or veggies says to me you are not very observant or just wanna trash talk. This post confirms it’s the latter

I'm actually quite surprised that 'Rose Garden', 'Are you sure Hank done it that way?' and 'You'll be Gone' aren't on here. I was kind of looking forward to a studio version of those.
It could have been fun if Morrissey went number 1 on the country charts. An overnight Nashville sensation!

I'm actually quite surprised that 'Rose Garden', 'Are you sure Hank done it that way?' and 'You'll be Gone' aren't on here. I was kind of looking forward to a studio version of those.
It could have been fun if Morrissey went number 1 on the country charts. An overnight Nashville sensation!

Do you know what popular country music is like now?

I think everything hinges on how creative the arrangements are, and whether the band have been able to rise to the challenge. Unless there's been some interesting 're-imagining', it's hard to see the point. Reserving judgement, though, for now.

Or everything hinges on Mary Hinge?

I always wanted to hear him do a version of this Phil Ochs song. It's very different from his folk era song, Days of Decision. This is one of my favorites.

Fan of Phil too ! ' such a great song 'No More Songs' but fortunately
Morrissey has plenty of songs left in him, and he'll be singing them from the stage which will be his chosen deathbed.

Just one of my favorite Ochs songs, and the one I was hoping Morrissey would have covered ..... ( not complaining though!)

:)

They all ate meat and he’s covered them all very recently so why youre surprised he enjoys covers and promotes artists who aren’t vegan or veggies says to me you are not very observant or just wanna trash talk. This post confirms it’s the latter
Does it, Chippy? Is that what think?

Calling out the hypocrisy of a washed-up, loud-mouth, off-strip Vegas karaoke chump ain’t “trash talk” little fella.

It’s common f***ing sense, for those dwelling in the realm of the cognitively sound.

Second verse? ...same as the first.

Bunch of whiny little, integrity-free, apologist felchers in the Moz camp these days. Low-ass f***ing bar on the lot of ya.

“You’re better than them, you’ve been born with white skin, they explain”
Bob Dylan

I’m gonna spout bullshit about animal cruelty and a loathing for anyone who’s omnivorous, ban meat from my shows, shit all over Inuit tradition and call EVERYONE out for their personal choices.

Then I’m gonna take your money via covering the works of artists who clearly don’t espouse the same viewpoint.

What’s the term for what I’d be if I did something like that? A “hack gouger”? “Opportunist twat”? Surely, at the very least, you’d call me a f***ing “hypocrite”.

You’ve got some serious plaque and tangles developing if your ability to reason is this fogged by your tribalist need to belong to the cult of fat Elvis.

Just an absolutely daft wanker, aren’t ya chum? Lol!

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom