Calm down chaps! It's only a bit of Morrissey's shirt!

This is civilized.

I heard from my friends who went Grimsby gig in May 2006, two guys fought for a shirt and one of them lost a tooth.

Because of the incident Morrissey didn't give any shirt following Liverpool gig which I went. :(

Just out of curiosity, those of you blessed with having a little bit of the man through the catching of a shirt, what did you do with it? Do you have it displayed behind glass? is it sitting in a vacuum sealed bag? Do you sleep with it nightly?

Just out of curiosity, those of you blessed with having a little bit of the man through the catching of a shirt, what did you do with it? Do you have it displayed behind glass? is it sitting in a vacuum sealed bag? Do you sleep with it nightly?

I caught a bit at the Edinburgh gig , it was really rough - i ended up on the floor, It was fun though.

I've got mine framed :pI got the bit with his shirt size on it! I've also got a bit in my locket which i wear all the time and it cheers me up on dull days:D

Here's a pic of his shirt size:)

Last edited:

its in a ziplock bag, in my drawer. and sometimes i sniff it. it still smells like him. :)

This is civilized.

I heard from my friends who went Grimsby gig in May 2006, two guys fought for a shirt and one of them lost a tooth.

Because of the incident Morrissey didn't give any shirt following Liverpool gig which I went. :(

This was Blackburn not Grimsby wasn't it? :)

ripshirt.jpg

Plus ca change...

I caught the whole shirt and I'm really tall so I hung it over the barrier until security made everyone back off. Then I shoved it up my shirt and tucked it in so no one could get to it. Plus it helps that my hubby is quite a large man and he was standing right behind me. I'm in the process of framing it along with my setlist and ticket and a picture of Moz wearing the shirt from that night.

I have a bit of moz gucci shirt! :sweet:
It is framed and hidden away.

its in a ziplock bag, in my drawer. and sometimes i sniff it. it still smells like him. :)

Me too! I got my hands on a piece of the Je Suis Morrissey shirt he threw out at one of the San Francisco shows. it''s in a baggie in my underwear drawer. I'm guessing that's the closest Moz will get to my undies. :D

This is civilized.

I got a bit of that shirt from the Grimsby gig, but I wasn't aware of anyone losing a tooth. I've given lots of it away.

I got a bit of that shirt from the Grimsby gig, but I wasn't aware of anyone losing a tooth. I've given lots of it away.

As Moonbeam pointed out, the incident happened in Blackburn, not Grimsby.

I don't understand why people beat each other up for a piece of shirt.
I was on the receiving end of a punch in the neck when I caught Morrisseys shirt at the point depot a few years ago.I think it's only natural to try and catch his shirt if it comes your way but to go to the extent of hitting someone for it or for a piece it is just stupid.
I instantly let go of it as soon as I got punched but I consoled myself by the fact that I already had a piece of his shirt.
I was lucky enough to catch Deano's drum stick at earls court in 2004 but that got whipped out of my hand too.

Note to self : If at first you don't succeed, just give up..:confused:

mines in a picture frame with ticket stubs as the backing.

Tags
fans video
Back
Top Bottom