Morrissey Central "CANADA GOOSE" (June 27, 2021)

… but now !

June 24, 2021

Toronto – Below, please find a statement from PETA President Ingrid Newkirk in response to the announcement that Canada Goose will be fur-free by the end of 2022:

PETA and its affiliates are suspending their international campaigns against Canada Goose today, after years of eye-catching protests, hard-hitting exposés, celebrity actions, and legal battles, as the company has finally conceded and will stop using fur – sparing sensitive, intelligent, coyotes from being caught and killed in barbaric steel traps. PETA will now re-engage the company to push for an end to its use of feathers, which geese and ducks continue to suffer for.
For more information, please visit PETA.org.

Again, the video may contain upsetting imagery.
Regards,
FWD.

Morrissey’s letter to Reiss follows.

April 11, 2019

Dani Reiss, CEO

Canada Goose

Dear Mr. Reiss,

As I tour Canada this spring, I’m writing to urge Canada Goose to act more like its namesake (e.g., smart, brave, and willing to fly off in a new direction) by making the bold ethical choice to remove coyote fur and down feathers from its parkas.

Canada Goose has almost singlehandedly revived the cruel trapping industry, in which animals can suffer for days and try to gnaw off their ensnared limbs before the trapper eventually returns to bludgeon them to death. No hood adornment is worth that. Geese raised for down at Canada Goose’s featured supplier were trampled, suffocated, and crammed into tiny transport cages for a miserable trip to the slaughterhouse before they were hung upside down and their throats were slit so that their feathers can be stuffed into (and poke out of) jackets.

That strip of coyote fur isn’t keeping anyone warm, and there are plenty of superior insulators composed of everything from biodegradable fleece to coconut husks. That’s why other outerwear makers, including For All Kind, Save the Duck, and HoodLamb, have already dispensed with fur and down for their products.

I’d be the first to celebrate a cruelty-free Canada Goose coat by wearing one proudly. Until then, PETA and I will be collecting signatures during my Canadian tour calling for Canada Goose to stop killing animals for coats.

Yours sincerely,

Morrissey

Related item:

If you can't stand cold temperatures without using animals in your clothes move to another place. There's no need to torture and kill animals for selfish reasons. I mostly blame the buyers. Without market there aren't exploiting companies.

Last edited:
PETA are uninformed nutjobs. You can be against cruelty to animals, which clearly is the right thing to be, without being affiliated with these cretins

Last edited:
PETA are uninformed nutjobs. You can be against cruelty to animals, which clearly is the right thing to be, without being affiliated with these cretins

No, they're not.

They occasionally do OTT pr stunts - most of the things said against them are astroturfing by industries that use animals.

No, they're not.

They occasionally do OTT pr stunts - most of the things said against them are astroturfing by industries that use animals.
I appreciate PETA making people aware that the suffering of animals matters. I criticize how a phone call I made to them was handled though. Some bimbo couldn't have cared less, when I called to complain about some dog torture that was masked as dog rescue, on YouTube. I stopped donating to them because she didn't give a damn.

Is Morrissey a fan of peta ??? He is promoting them to much. This organisation is only after people's money. There are rumours that they kill healthy animals in their shelters ..!!!

Stfu morrissey. The coats are so expensive, few people can afford to buy them. You want to stir the shit focus on other countries like Russia. Eat your f***n greens.

What a complete load of bobbins.. skinny is regarded as a retard... We all have know this for a while..my sincere apologies to people who have there own train of thought.

Maybe you should begin a thread about peta so you don't move the discussion out of the biggest issue. The thing here is these people are torturing and killing wonderful creatures that desire and deserve to live.

all for an overpriced jacket that i wouldnt wear even if you paid me.scum,sub-human scum.

Maybe you should begin a thread about peta so you don't move the discussion out of the biggest issue. The thing here is these people are torturing and killing wonderful creatures that desire and deserve to live.

Nah, Skinny only starts threads that are pro-Smiths/Marr and or are anti-Morrissey.

PETA is another area of skinny expertise:blushing:
he has the drunk rent a cop on the job🧤
🇭🇷>:hammer:
Still no sympathy for the dead birds
That fake Grandmaww
Strangled, plucked then cooked ...

Thought you’ve been quiet all day,
You and Cletus have been gorging
On roosters all afternoon....

Plenty of room tonight for you as you can sleep in the chicken coop
Now that it’s empty

canada goose coats ARE ugly. if i were to buy a cruelty infused coat i would buy a united bamboo fishtail parka. a few years ago i agonized over whether or not to buy one and, at the time caring more what morrissey might think than i ever possibly could now, decided against it. now i wish i had--they're SO good!

1624836654904.png

also, icon of sexiness glenn obrien was seen wearing one in his dotage so you KNOW they're cool

1624836484112.png

god, i wish i had that coat

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom