Chain Gang Progress - Morrissey Central (14th Nov.)

44884_44883_unnamed-1_bbgvhu.jpg

Morrissey's new single "Back On The Chain Gang" has had an excellent across-the-board first week on U.S. radio making it the fastest rising single in Morrissey's career.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/chain-gang-progress

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you the same person you were twenty years ago?

[It's a rhetorical question.]
I would say YES. A person's core values generally do not change over time. The stuff I liked 20 years ago are the things I like today. My sense of right and wrong has not changed in the last 20 years.

I would say YES. A person's core values generally do not change over time. The stuff I liked 20 years ago are the things I like today. My sense of right and wrong has not changed in the last 20 years.

Cool, this has nothing to do with values or likes or morals. Read my message in the context in which the question was posed.

Morrissey has completely changed. Look at the lyrics from "The Queen Is Dead." Now review the lyrics from "Low In High School." The same person would not/could not write both.

The same person did write both, so you have no point.

Exhausting yourself lyrically on topics isn’t the same as being a different person. He’s been delivering the same messages since 1983. How many different ways do you think he can say the same things over the course of 35 years?

Exhausting yourself lyrically on topics isn’t the same as being a different person. He’s been delivering the same messages since 1983. How many different ways do you think he can say the same things over the course of 35 years?

Good show !"VIVA HATE"!

I was listening to Boxers earlier, a gorgeous, beautiful pop song, and I realised that the man who wrote that song, the man who could write a song like that is gone. When was the last time Morrissey wrote a song that could tug at the heartstrings like Boxers does? I mourn the passing of that man.
Come back to Camden,dear god please help me,friday mourning.im sure others will have their own.

But change your entire writing style? How do you go from beautiful poetry to awkward, hamfisted, borderline illiterate prose? It would be like going from "To be or not to be..." to variations of "Roses are red..." I don't know, it just seems like too far a drop-off in quality. And I am a Morrissey fan, I still listen and hope.

Come back to Camden,dear god please help me,friday mourning.im sure others will have their own.
Using examples from 15 years ago doesn't help your cause. Also, wasn't it great how dapper he was during the "You are the Quarry" years? His style and discipline have completely abandoned him.

But change your entire writing style? How do you go from beautiful poetry to awkward, hamfisted, borderline illiterate prose? It would be like going from "To be or not to be..." to variations of "Roses are red..." I don't know, it just seems like too far a drop-off in quality. And I am a Morrissey fan, I still listen and hope.

How about this, rewrite the post you just made 200 times, making sure each subsequent time you improve your diction. Then get back to me about how a 60 year old man isn’t living up to your standards anymore...

How about this, rewrite the post you just made 200 times, making sure each subsequent time you improve your diction. Then get back to me about how a 60 year old man isn’t living up to your standards anymore...

HI there !"VIVA HATE"! "You Were Good in Your Time." And now in 2018 Morrissey goes on because he loves the shows..the stage...to perform for friends and fans alike and we thank you Moz. There's still some great songs and lyrical messages with Istanbul...Jackie...Throw the bride....
Think about all that's changed...Whose still around..Top of the POPS ?...Dick Clark, Casey Kasem ...Steve West...Grant Showbiz ...Robert Smith ..Boy George. ..George Michael ...Morrissey ? Each of them mentioned in my humble opinion is classic in their own style....whose left ? ......"Time will never wipe them out." The more I ramble on about those great days of the 80s and 90s..the more we miss them. no ? W.I.W.

"...The moods and the styles too frequently change...from 25 to 29.....from 29 to 59." T.G.L.L.T.

The official video for back on the chain gang is very similar to the official video for Love Affairs Everlasting Love in that the stage peops (pile o chairs) posters on wall voacalist with guitar and dancers (although Everlasting Love) only has one and a girl in a bowler hat playing around....check it out on youtube or Vevo

The official video for back on the chain gang is very similar to the official video for Love Affairs Everlasting Love in that the stage peops (pile o chairs) posters on wall voacalist with guitar and dancers (although Everlasting Love) only has one and a girl in a bowler hat playing around....check it out on youtube or Vevo
Yes, the poster known as Neal Cassady already flagged it up. It's absolutely spot on - definitely the inspiration, and not TOTP as some people thought (it looks nothing like it).

I was listening to Boxers earlier, a gorgeous, beautiful pop song, and I realised that the man who wrote that song, the man who could write a song like that is gone. When was the last time Morrissey wrote a song that could tug at the heartstrings like Boxers does? I mourn the passing of that man.

Julie in the Weeds, Smiler with Knife - absolute beauties, both (words and music). Nothing from 2017, mind...

Yes, the poster known as Neal Cassady already flagged it up. It's absolutely spot on - definitely the inspiration, and not TOTP as some people thought (it looks nothing like it).
Ok, that explains why Moz added this video to the pre-show reel at the California shows. Thanks!

Using examples from 15 years ago doesn't help your cause. Also, wasn't it great how dapper he was during the "You are the Quarry" years? His style and discipline have completely abandoned him.
you still here,,whats it like being the pub bore,your like a nude book from the seventies you would find in a hedge,torn and useless.

Last edited:
Cut the crap.
Just admit that you don't agree with his (so-called) 'political' views.
Like all the other bores and former fans on here.

The song might be doing well in the US but it hasn't received a single play in the UK.
It's a pleasant version of a catchy song so would normally have been A-listed.
Alas (for him) he's been exposed as an ignorant bigot who has officially endorsed a slightly unpleasant right-wing political party. The UK fan-base has hemorrhaged as witnessed by the appalling sales for last cancelled summer's tour.
The only thing that can save him, commercially, is an apology for the bigotry, and a public withdrawal of his support for Johnny Robinson and For Britain. Do it now, Steve, before it's too late.

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom