Channel 4 deny they approached Morrissey to record alternative Christmas message - NME

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go with the Brit lies. Morrissey was smart enough to turn "channel 4" down, so now the Orange Army is an uproar because they had already planned their assassination attempt. I bet the old lady president of England, Charlie, Willie, and Harold stupidly already paid them off like they paid off Diana's rag head boyfriend.

Can we ban "bloody hell" and "bloke" from this site? I know it's impossible to ban antonymous Brit cowards from posting, but there has to be a way to make certain words obsolete from posts.
How about we ban the words "aztecCamera" that would be great

Now see here old chap, if we are to start banning things on here may I suggest a few myself ?

i e

You do the math
The letter zee
Trick or treat
In the hole
Sidewalk
McDonalds
KFC
Burger King
Prom night
Hey honey
Everything's bigger back home
Soccer
Glazier family
Drive in
Shopping mall
Lucked out
Limousine
Water-boarding
Root beer

f*** America !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

f*** off and God save the Queen ( and our English language and ways)

This is irrelevant but here I go anyway: it is too late to stop the spread of Americana into UK and Irish culture. In Ireland today there are more houses with lights outside the house (in trees and bushes, etc) then inside houses. The kids go on 'trick or treat' at Halloween. When they are finished their lunch they say 'I'm done' instead of 'I am finished'. 'Dora the Explorer' is on TV all the time talking half English/half Spanish. The mummies working in the giant toy shops (oops I meant 'stores') are all caricatures of the Stepford Wives, and fights have broken out in the UK between parents trying to buy that last doll on the shelf. People are fat. People's idea of fine cuisine is McDonalds. People are greedy and worship the euro. Materialism reigns supreme. At birthday parties ALL the kids have to receive presents. Every public place is a 'poop and scoop' area. Exams are being phased out of schools because it is too traumatic for kids. Kids can't invite just their friends home, it has to be a 'play date' where everyone or nobody is invited. Waste prevails: last year's ipad or iphone is considered junk and needs to be upgraded NOW for the little 4 year old who would probably be just as happy with the empty box. If your sunglasses are not Ray Ban then please don't come near me. I heard an Irish person recently refer to iTunes as 'i-toons' and my blood started to bubble and leak out through my eyes.

i might wanna talk about the band sometime though as they were very good.

This is irrelevant but here I go anyway: it is too late to stop the spread of Americana into UK and Irish culture. In Ireland today there are more houses with lights outside the house (in trees and bushes, etc) then inside houses. The kids go on 'trick or treat' at Halloween. When they are finished their lunch they say 'I'm done' instead of 'I am finished'. 'Dora the Explorer' is on TV all the time talking half English/half Spanish. The mummies working in the giant toy shops (oops I meant 'stores') are all caricatures of the Stepford Wives, and fights have broken out in the UK between parents trying to buy that last doll on the shelf. People are fat. People's idea of fine cuisine is McDonalds. People are greedy and worship the euro. Materialism reigns supreme. At birthday parties ALL the kids have to receive presents. Every public place is a 'poop and scoop' area. Exams are being phased out of schools because it is too traumatic for kids. Kids can't invite just their friends home, it has to be a 'play date' where everyone or nobody is invited. Waste prevails: last year's ipad or iphone is considered junk and needs to be upgraded NOW for the little 4 year old who would probably be just as happy with the empty box. If your sunglasses are not Ray Ban then please don't come near me. I heard an Irish person recently refer to iTunes as 'i-toons' and my blood started to bubble and leak out through my eyes.

Meanwhile, where Ray Ban's are made in Waterford, the American owners held the staff to ransom telling them that despite the company making big profits every year they had to take a pay cut or lose their jobs. Then they forced a load out anyway. Meanwhile the American CEO continues to "earn" millions a year.

Anonymous;1986893659[B said:
]Anyone with the merest passing acquaintance with TV production (or even an ounce of common sense) would know that no one involved with the production would have expected the offer (and rejection of said offer) to be made public [/B]- and of course they would deny it because they don't want to make the person who accepted the gig feel like second best (it's exactly the same with casting when certain actors claim to have turned down roles and the producers always deny it because they don't want the actor who accepted the role to know he or she wasn't the first choice). Added to which, these things are normally done through independent production companies, so when Channel 4 claims "we never asked him", they can do so plausibly because the approach more than likely came via an independent production company commissioned to make The Alternative Queen's Speech, or even informally through a freelance producer.

Sorry if that doesn't fit Benny, Brummy and Barleycunt's world view as Moz-haters, sorry, I mean as "members of the audience"... and no doubt I'll be immediately branded an arsekisser for pointing out an inconvenient truth that doesn't accord with their infantile agenda. Business as usual on So_low then.

Does Morrissey have any common sense? If so, why on earth did he reveal this information and make such a fool of himself? After all, he does have 'the merest passing acquaintance with TV production'. There's no reliable evidence to back up your claim. We shall just have to wait until Morrissey explains his foolishness.

It's amusing how the sychophantic arsekissers like you immediately invent some outlandish conspiracy theory that Morrissey was 'pranked' by mischief makers. Why would anyone want to troll Morrissey and make him appear bonkers? It's not like he's ever trolled the media to give rise to any desire for prankster revenge, is it? Sorry if Reality doesn't fit your 'fan' worldview but trust me, Reality always wins.

best
BB

Yeah, it can't be nice being pranked by wankers. It's like that Nurse who was tricked by the Australian idiot DJs and then killed herself. You know, and then Morrissey blamed the Duchess of Cambridge for the poor woman's death... Classy.

Face it, C4 didn't ask him. He might, just might have been sounded out by a production company through his manager, but C4 didn't ask him.

Eveyone assumes pranksters but it's possible Morrissey is hearing imaginary voices as a side effect of poweful medication. After all, he is suffering from CANCER!!!! If it is a prankster with his email address, did he not have the common sense to check the origin of the email address and see it did NOT contain the ending @C4.com? *rollseyes*

best
BB

I worked in television for a while. If a production company asked him it does not mean C4 did, or would have even known who was or was not approached. Nice try, but there is no need for C4 to lie. Channel 4 do not need Morrissey. Simply put, he isn't that big a star here in the UK anymore. He's controversial, he's still worth a few column inches, but he isn't a star in the sense of even Gary Barlow. A sad truth widely known.

It wouldn't surprise me that he got wind of a wind-up gossip about him doing this, but those doing the wind up were imagining what a car-crash classic T.V comedy moment it would be. I doubt they were inviting him as a serious commentator, but just for the lulz. He's on a par with Protein Man these days:

"Alas! When such denied children have come to youth, they are often primed with a sort of foolish self-reliance, to make for themselves a world of fantasy and pleasure. They are without shame or discretion, and unaware that moments of abandon bring misery. —When this protein-MANIA has passed, there will be more — happy homes; fewer criminals, delinquent youths, and psychopaths; fewer suicides; and not so many patients in hospitals. -Taking tranquilizers is unwise when a LOWER LEVEL of PROTEINS would calm you."

http://johnguycollick.com/the-protein-man/

best
BB

no surpise to see jb, bb & benny using their characteristic blend of ignorance & pomposity to perpetuate more anti morrissey spin. anyone living in the real world would immediately realise why c4 are denying it ie they will lose whoever theyve got lined up if they know they're second choice. but no, the combined intellectual might of those 3 'tards automatically assumes its a total fabrication from morrissey for what reason? to sell more tickets in belgrade?? f***ing grow up, you three. you were bad enough before, but with your shiny new excuses of 'im not a hater, im a member of the audience' or 'im not a hater, im here to present a challenge', you all just get more full of shit by the hour.

Let's just wait for Morrissey's 'explanation', shall we? After all, if he's been 'pranked' by C4 he can make a formal complaint to OFCOM. I'm sure they'd take a very dim view of a respected broadcast channel mocking a public figure with CANCER!!!! After all, 'Wozzy' got into trouble for mocking another actor.

best
BB

Please tell us what you want to complain about. If Ofcom can’t deal with your complaint, we’ll tell you who you should contact.

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/complain/tv-and-radio-complaints/

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Lebron James is going to be hitting that tonight even with his sweaty hairy armpits. What a slut that girl is. I guess Willy can watch.

Maybe Morrissey can use this as one of his black people back drops that he is using a lot recently to prove he is "not racist".

View attachment 33512

He's also using a picture of Bruce Lee, but I'm not clear if that's some penance about calling the entire Chinese nation a 'sub-species' or if it's just that he's bored of bad-boy skinheads and is moving on to martial arts heroes. In Brum there used to be all-night Kung Fu bills at the Odeon movies. It was great fun. I'm sure there were in Manchester and young Morrissey was there taking notes as he observed the mayhem.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

This happened when Brummie Boy said he was leaving Morrissey Solo for good.

best

Willy Da Wisp (Currently groovin' to 'Lies' by the Knickerbockers)

Are you truly disappointed that i wrote "this is the last comment I will ever post (yeah!) No: I've changed my mind again (aaw...)"?

Thanks for playing. Again!

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

C'mon Mister Brummy, you can do a much better analysi of the situation. Supposing a young brilliant free lance author had the idea of an alternative Christmas message and tought about Morrissey and maybe they talked about it, then Morrissey did an official statement saying he politely declyne the offer and....bum! Maybe someone of Channel 4 is thinking about it... I'm not always agree with Morrissey, but he's cleaver, very cleaver.

Your spelling is almost as interesting as that of MIDNITE. However, your comment is less interesting.

best
BB

Is this a draft of Morrissey's 'Alternative Christmas Speech'? How did you get hold of it? It has EXACTLY the beserk mania I'd expect from him as well as lots of gratuitous snipes about women, children and family life. And horrid ipad/iphone thingies which Morrissey doesn't use as he's not on the Internet, etc. This drivel could be posted on TTY as a 'prank' and nobody would suspect a thing.

I wonder if TTY was hacked by a prankster who pretended Morrissey had an invite to the C4 Xmas Party?

best
BB

Let's just wait for Morrissey's 'explanation', shall we? After all, if he's been 'pranked' by C4 he can make a formal complaint to OFCOM. I'm sure they'd take a very dim view of a respected broadcast channel mocking a public figure with CANCER!!!! After all, 'Wozzy' got into trouble for mocking another actor.

Huh? Why does he need to explain anything?? He's already stated he was approached and declined. Surely the onus is on Channel Four to "explain" - not that any "explanation" is actually required at all. It's obvious Channel Four doesn't want the person who has accepted the job to feel like second best - disingenuous denials such as these are absolutely routine throughout the entertainment industry and occur on an almost daily basis in order to protect the feelings/reputations of those poor things who weren't first choice for the job. The really breathtaking thing is the way BB and especially JB talk to down to everyone on here ("dimwits" being JB's epithet of choice) - yet when it comes to the bleeding obvious, these self-proclaimed towering intellects frequently fall at the first hurdle. Perhaps if they weren't always desperately looking for a negative angle, always demanding explanations and apologies for perceived slights, they might see the world more clearly. There's no misunderstanding, nobody's been "pranked" - Channel Four just didn't expect Morrissey to publicly announce he'd declined the approach that was made to him and quickly waded in so as not to lose the person they've secured for the gig. Talk to casting directors if you still can't grasp why these denials occur in the entertainment industry every single day of the week. Or alternatively, you know, get a life...

best
BB

Please tell us what you want to complain about. If Ofcom can’t deal with your complaint, we’ll tell you who you should contact.

- - - Updated - - -

He's also using a picture of Bruce Lee, but I'm not clear if that's some penance about calling the entire Chinese nation a 'sub-species' or if it's just that he's bored of bad-boy skinheads and is moving on to martial arts heroes. In Brum there used to be all-night Kung Fu bills at the Odeon movies. It was great fun. I'm sure there were in Manchester and young Morrissey was there taking notes as he observed the mayhem.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Are you truly disappointed that i wrote "this is the last comment I will ever post (yeah!) No: I've changed my mind again (aaw...)"?

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Your spelling is almost as interesting as that of MIDNITE. However, your comment is less interesting.

best
BB

BB, I'm worrying myself (and probably yourself) - I'm getting to like you.

What does it mean, what does it mean.

Jay

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

best
BB
Of course my comment is less interesting than Midnite one. Beeing right is never so interesting.

Does Morrissey have any common sense? If so, why on earth did he reveal this information and make such a fool of himself? After all, he does have 'the merest passing acquaintance with TV production'. There's no reliable evidence to back up your claim. We shall just have to wait until Morrissey explains his foolishness.

It's amusing how the sychophantic arsekissers like you immediately invent some outlandish conspiracy theory that Morrissey was 'pranked' by mischief makers. Why would anyone want to troll Morrissey and make him appear bonkers? It's not like he's ever trolled the media to give rise to any desire for prankster revenge, is it? Sorry if Reality doesn't fit your 'fan' worldview but trust me, Reality always wins.

best
BB

You are the fool for having that Taylor Swift garbage as your signature.

Huh? Why does he need to explain anything?? He's already stated he was approached and declined. Surely the onus is on Channel Four to "explain" - not that any "explanation" is actually required at all. It's obvious Channel Four doesn't want the person who has accepted the job to feel like second best - disingenuous denials such as these are absolutely routine throughout the entertainment industry and occur on an almost daily basis in order to protect the feelings/reputations of those poor things who weren't first choice for the job. The really breathtaking thing is the way BB and especially JB talk to down to everyone on here ("dimwits" being JB's epithet of choice) - yet when it comes to the bleeding obvious, these self-proclaimed towering intellects frequently fall at the first hurdle. Perhaps if they weren't always desperately looking for a negative angle, always demanding explanations and apologies for perceived slights, they might see the world more clearly. There's no misunderstanding, nobody's been "pranked" - Channel Four just didn't expect Morrissey to publicly announce he'd declined the approach that was made to him and quickly waded in so as not to lose the person they've secured for the gig. Talk to casting directors if you still can't grasp why these denials occur in the entertainment industry every single day of the week. Or alternatively, you know, get a life...

Channel Four have explained. Morrissey is 'confused'. They never offered him the gig, it would seem. What part of this are you struggling to understand? You seem truly butt-hurt about all this.

I have a life. Part of it is winding up fools like you. Thanks for playing!

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

BB, I'm worrying myself (and probably yourself) - I'm getting to like you.

What does it mean, what does it mean.

Jay

I'm sure it won't last, so enjoy it while it does!

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

You are the fool for having that Taylor Swift garbage as your signature.

"Haters gonna hate, hate hate....shake it off! shake, shake it off!"

best
BB

Of course they did not ask him and why would they? Channel 4 would look more ridiculous than their programming already does if they were to give airtime to a Morrissey alternative Christmas speech (which would consist of him mocking the royal family, discussing how eating meat is as bad as molesting a child, the state of the music business, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah, nonsense, nonsense, nonsense, yada, yada, yada, etc, blah...).

Morrissey is obviously severely, mentally ill and is failing to grasp the difference between reality and the thoughts and dreams going on inside his thick head. It is such a shame to see this man slowly descend into increasing madness.

How could Channel 4 look any more ridiculous than having Ahmadinejad do the alternative speech? If that article is correct, a tyrant once did it, and that's apparently acceptable, but C4 needs to trip over themselves to race out the denial that Morrissey was even asked? That's complete and utter jackassery at its finest.

It's all really mincing words whether C4 or some third party hired hand asked him. They can hide behind the "WE didn't ask him but maybe a third party we hired did" just as well as Morrissey can hide behind the "They asked me or maybe it was a third party doing their scut work". So I call that argument a draw there. We'll never know.

How could Channel 4 look any more ridiculous than having Ahmadinejad do the alternative speech? If that article is correct, a tyrant once did it, and that's apparently acceptable, but C4 needs to trip over themselves to race out the denial that Morrissey was even asked? That's complete and utter jackassery at its finest.

It's all really mincing words whether C4 or some third party hired hand asked him. They can hide behind the "WE didn't ask him but maybe a third party we hired did" just as well as Morrissey can hide behind the "They asked me or maybe it was a third party doing their scut work". So I call that argument a draw there. We'll never know.

Ahmadinejad is a tyrant? Seriously? In the week where the CIA operations of the last 15 years has entered the public domain - I find that a truly baffling statement. Tyranny wears many cloaks, and one of the most common is the stars and stripes.

Ahmadinejad is a tyrant? Seriously? In the week where the CIA operations of the last 15 years has entered the public domain - I find that a truly baffling statement. Tyranny wears many cloaks, and one of the most common is the stars and stripes.

When you're ready to say something relevant to the discussion, let me know...

When you're ready to say something relevant to the discussion, let me know...

Already have, on the initial TTY thread. I object to the labeling of a particular leader as a tyrant - nothing personal against the US - I just happen to think that there aren't any leaders who aren't essentially tyrants, but I fear you would not have labelled them so, had C4 invited them to give a speech (A George W, or a Tony Blair for talks sake)

Mike Joyce as the alternative? The ultimate revenge from channel 4.

Chicken george

Already have, on the initial TTY thread. I object to the labeling of a particular leader as a tyrant - nothing personal against the US - I just happen to think that there aren't any leaders who aren't essentially tyrants, but I fear you would not have labelled them so, had C4 invited them to give a speech (A George W, or a Tony Blair for talks sake)

Object away, but my point, and I have to think you're intelligent enough to have known this, was that it can't possibly require as rapid a "we absolutely did not ask him" drop the hot potato reaction that Morrissey may somehow have been asked to do this, when in the past they've had the likes of Ahmadinejad and the traitorous Snowden (perhaps I should have added Snowden to be more clear to you?). Morrissey doesn't even come close to being nearly as globally "shocking" a contrast as either of those two. If you missed that nuance (albeit that'd be a tough one to miss), I gave you more credit than I should have.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom