Channel 4 deny they approached Morrissey to record alternative Christmas message - NME

Last edited by a moderator:
Object away, but my point, and I have to think you're intelligent enough to have known this, was that it can't possibly require as rapid a "we absolutely did not ask him" drop the hot potato reaction that Morrissey may somehow have been asked to do this, when in the past they've had the likes of Ahmadinejad and the traitorous Snowden (perhaps I should have added Snowden to be more clear to you?). Morrissey doesn't even come close to being nearly as globally "shocking" a contrast as either of those two. If you missed that nuance (albeit that'd be a tough one to miss), I gave you more credit than I should have.

One man's traitor is another man's Patriot. Did Snowden really reveal anything that everyone with a half a brain didn't already know?

Ahmadinejad's a lunatic but compared to the likes of Putin, Cheney or Blair he's a pussycat.

Either way, isn't the point of this being alternative is surely to have people who definitely aren't part of the Establishment?

I'd be more concerned at how mainstream some of those were. Morrissey would have fitted the bill but there's little point in him doing it as people are in the in or out camp with him, a quick look on here proves that.

snowden is absolutely a patriot. i dont know anyone here who denies that whos not attached to the federal government. even then many still. how many times has a person been asked and turned down the offer that we know about. any. not me cause there not supposed to say as its bad etiquette not just to the station that liked you enough to ask but to the person who will take the spot. anyway i think they did offer through other parties to retain deniability as thats pretty standard practice i believe

Here we go with the Brit lies. Morrissey was smart enough to turn "channel 4" down, so now the Orange Army is an uproar because they had already planned their assassination attempt. I bet the old lady president of England, Charlie, Willie, and Harold stupidly already paid them off like they paid off Diana's rag head boyfriend.

Can we ban "bloody hell" and "bloke" from this site? I know it's impossible to ban antonymous Brit cowards from posting, but there has to be a way to make certain words obsolete from posts.

Does it anger you on a daily basis that Morrissey is.. you know, English?

Ahmadinejad is a tyrant? Seriously? In the week where the CIA operations of the last 15 years has entered the public domain - I find that a truly baffling statement. Tyranny wears many cloaks, and one of the most common is the stars and stripes.

have you lost your mind? the only reason you exist is because of the USA.

Ahmadinejad is a tyrant? Seriously? In the week where the CIA operations of the last 15 years has entered the public domain - I find that a truly baffling statement. Tyranny wears many cloaks, and one of the most common is the stars and stripes.

A tyranny would not allow the publication of the report on the CIA that was released this week. The very fact the report was published undermines your point.

Ahmadinejad isn't a tyrant. He's a professor now, I believe. Technically, however, he worked for a type of tyranny, that of the bizarre theocracy that runs Iran, and allows free elections but only of those candidates it chooses itself.

- - - Updated - - -

have you lost your mind? the only reason you exist is because of the USA.

The Plymouth Bretheren say "Hi!"

He probably turned down the speech, because he is a very smart man who always has his own best interest at heart. Had he taken the offer (which I'm sure the bores made), he would have probably been subject to a hit by the Royal Family like Princess Diana, because he would have advocated something tantamount to regicide. I believe it's just as likely that a hit was ordered on her than that it was not ordered. Assassination. Why roll that dice?

I'm only half-joking.

One man's traitor is another man's Patriot. Did Snowden really reveal anything that everyone with a half a brain didn't already know?

Ahmadinejad's a lunatic but compared to the likes of Putin, Cheney or Blair he's a pussycat.

Either way, isn't the point of this being alternative is surely to have people who definitely aren't part of the Establishment?

I'd be more concerned at how mainstream some of those were. Morrissey would have fitted the bill but there's little point in him doing it as people are in the in or out camp with him, a quick look on here proves that.

DubbalinGirl - I suppose the reaction from C4 was down to Morrissey putting it into the public domain - it diminishes the shock value or anticipation of the event, or indeed makes the person who will now be doing it appear as a reserve. Had Snowden or Ahmadinejad turned the gig down, it's unlikely it would ever have seen the light of day in a press release. I guess that's the over-riding point.

CC - More or less agree with above.

Johnny Barleycorn - Tyranny can wear many masks - adopting the guise of a self regulating government, prepared to publish unsavoury reports could of course, merely be the bluff in many much worse crimes - we can never truly know I suppose.

Anon (Only reason I exist is because of USA) - Ok. Thanks.

"A tyranny would not allow the publication of the report on the CIA that was released this week. The very fact the report was published undermines your point."

this is a very well made point and is sorta undeniable like.

as for ahmadinejad, i dont think he was a tyrant because i dont think he was in control really. as for being a professor, i might have to question his knowledge after the no gay people in iran comment

You better believe you exist because of the USA. Give us a call when you are all wearing babushkas, maybe we will bail you out AGAIN.

yeah i dont get that either or who the "you" is supposed to be but oh well. maybe they know you and where youre from i guess. still doesnt make sense to me but oh well

yeah i dont get that either or who the "you" is supposed to be but oh well. maybe they know you and where youre from i guess. still doesnt make sense to me but oh well

It was something to do with us all wearing Russian Grandmothers if it wasn't for the USA I think. It might make sense in a Monty Python sketch.

This happened when he said Harvest Records threw him off the label....
This happened when he said there was no agreement with 'that drummer'
This happened when he said Kristeen Young's cold made the whole tour collapse

Shit happens, it would appear

"f*** Channel 4" t-shirts available in all sizes at Mporium via Santa Claus...

best
BB

Last night the plans from a lying whore
Was all I saw on Channel 4

Spray painters of the world
Unite and take over

Graffiti is the new black....leading by example is he?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom