Charles Aznavour dies at 94; Morrissey statement

UPDATE 10:55 AM PT:

Link posted by Alexi:

DIM THE LIGHTS - Morrissey Central
October 1, 2018

Charles Aznavour dies. Impossible, but true. We shared May 22nd (birthday, but 2 or 3 years apart.) A few years ago I invited him to sing on my album World peace is none of your business. He listened, but declined - a wise man, indeed !
Music lasts longer than life, and Charles Aznavour is music : now, today, tomorrow and always.

MORRISSEY 1 October 2018

44461_Unknown.jpg

Charles Aznavour, French singing star, dies at 94 - BBC News
French singer and songwriter Charles Aznavour has died at 94 after a career lasting more than 80 years, a spokesman has confirmed.

Excerpt:

The star died at one of his homes in the south east of France.

The performer, born to Armenian immigrants, sold more than 180 million records and featured in over 60 films.

44457__103647639_aznavour_bbc.jpg

Morrissey has featured "Emmenez-moi" in his intermission videos.

Last edited:
I guess it is. One of the reasons I posted it was I was wondering if Moz had watched Rainbow. I know he didn't spend his early years reading only Wilde or writing about his shipwrecked life. I know he liked comics and sci-fi and horror films. So, in a funny way, the death of a TV host from your youth could have more impact than a death from your adult life. I'm really off topic here. The reason I kept the posts going was because there are so many funny Rainbow utube clips which I thought some people would love. I reckon Moz watched them and right now is penning a new song titled 'The monochrome rainbow'.
acton I would never have seen that rainbow clip which made my day,its ok to go off topic,nobody died.ps I actually typed nobody died forgetting this was a thread about somebody dying.

He is someone who has just died on the same day as Charles Aznavour. Hence, it is related to the topic in question. I was also replying to Acton's post. That's how conversation works - it circles around the subject and spins off on related topics. If we all stuck rigidly to the thread heading, 3/4 of the posts on this site would be off topic and we'd all just be parroting versions of the same post at each other.

If it’s not in the thread topic, then you are off topic. Just admit Vegan Cro is right, and that you were off topic. It’s alright, we all go off topic sometimes.

I guess it is. One of the reasons I posted it was I was wondering if Moz had watched Rainbow. I know he didn't spend his early years reading only Wilde or writing about his shipwrecked life. I know he liked comics and sci-fi and horror films. So, in a funny way, the death of a TV host from your youth could have more impact than a death from your adult life. I'm really off topic here. The reason I kept the posts going was because there are so many funny Rainbow utube clips which I thought some people would love. I reckon Moz watched them and right now is penning a new song titled 'The monochrome rainbow'.

Yes, correct. At least you can admit that you were. I don’t care that anyone was off topic, but Peppermint was wrong and shouldn’t deny it, instead, own it. Anyways, it’s best just to start a new thread.

Now I’m off topic :lbf:

Yes, correct. At least you can admit that you were. I don’t care that anyone was off topic, but Peppermint was wrong and shouldn’t deny it, instead, own it. Anyways, it’s best just to start a new thread.

Now I’m off topic :lbf:
Fek it. Enough people on this site write such bollox that might be on topic but is still bollox, like the 'I hate you'... 'No I hate you more' bitching that goes on. So I don't think the odd funny off topic video or comment is anything worth stopping. I find a lot of the off topic posts more amusing/interesting/informative than the more mundane posts. I'm with Peppermint on this one. Kraftwerk may have written an amazing song called 'We Are The Robots' but I hope it's not true.

P.s. totally off topic here but The Cure Dublin 2019! There is a God and he wears smudged lipstick.

Just repeat after me:

I am OFF TOPIC
PEPPY is OFF TOPIC

we both promise to do better in the future.:straightface:

JFC!!!
FFFS!!
soon we will have to post the alphabet with every post.:rolleyes:

So do I.

We should start a Klaus Nomi thread!
Spill the beans twelvy, we all wanna know the awful details of yet another break up. How he left you broken hearted and you just wanted to give it all up and run away with the circus.
The autumn darkness has never been darker in your life.

Great. Urban to cap off every other f***er that was already off-topic. Oh wait i forgot you’re dead! Stop haunting the Charles Aznavour tribute thread then

Fek it. Enough people on this site write such bollox that might be on topic but is still bollox, like the 'I hate you'... 'No I hate you more' bitching that goes on. So I don't think the odd funny off topic video or comment is anything worth stopping. I find a lot of the off topic posts more amusing/interesting/informative than the more mundane posts. I'm with Peppermint on this one. Kraftwerk may have written an amazing song called 'We Are The Robots' but I hope it's not true.

P.s. totally off topic here but The Cure Dublin 2019! There is a God and he wears smudged lipstick.

Agree. To explain again, the reason I didn’t
rate any posts off topic is because I DONT care.

The point is, Pepperment can’t admit that Vegan CRo was right and that she(?) was wrong. I’m guilty of being off topic from time to time, but if someone calls me out on it, I wouldn’t try to deny it. That’s all.

btw...

There’s also a condolence thread on solo. :D ;)

You should probably clarify that it was vegan cro spirit 11

Agree. To explain again, the reason I didn’t
rate any posts off topic is because I DONT care.

The point is, Pepperment can’t admit that Vegan CRo was right and that she(?) was wrong. I’m guilty of being off topic from time to time, but if someone calls me out on it, I wouldn’t try to deny it. That’s all.

btw...

There’s also a condolence thread on solo. :D ;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom