Chris Weitz to direct Morrissey concert

Thank you very much for the heads-up.

However, I have rather mixed feelings.

Morrissey gave a consent to shoot a documentary, but he disapproved of the film South.
Moreover, what happended to 2007 Hollywood Bowl live DVD release?

Last edited:
Re: Christ Weitz to direct Morrissey concert

Chris Weitz??? That is a good news?

Christ?
I know Morrissey has friends in high places... but this is something else.

Great news!:)

maybe on a us tour!? :)

Last edited:

Monday-morning-wondering which show will be chosen? The Alhambra Theatre in Dunfermline is pretty spectacular visually, as is the St.George's Hall in Bradford. Dunoon and Hawick would be great, but too tiny to accomodate shooting surely?
Bearing in mind that it will never see the light of day I am excited :)

Monday-morning-wondering which show will be chosen? The Alhambra Theatre in Dunfermline is pretty spectacular visually, as is the St.George's Hall in Bradford. Dunoon and Hawick would be great, but too tiny to accomodate shooting surely?
prob with some proper audience filming and maybe interviewing?
bearing in mind that he choose such small venues in off the beaten track places to be in closer contact to the audience?cause this whole tour seems to cater to the "hardcore" fans who are willing to take long bus and fery rides to places who do not even have a train station
and not to the casual fans who buys a ticket for huge arenas in major cities where no long travelling is needed.
another thing:
is that correct that linder sterling did the interviews with the fans at the who put the m in manchester dvd?(beofere th credits roll) i liked the yorkshire guy and the transexual man ...is anybody who got interviewed there, is on the forum?

Last edited:

I don't think this news relates in any way to the upcoming June tour. I would imagine it's in reference to a future - and probably U.S based - show. I'm happy to be proved wrong though.

I could care less what Weitz has directed in the past - what's exciting to me is that Morrissey is apparently planning to continue touring in the future.

I would be very excited if it is referring to an as yet unannounced concert, but I'm wondering what makes you think so?

I would be very excited if it is referring to an as yet unannounced concert, but I'm wondering what makes you think so?

I just can't see it for any of the dates announced so far. They're too small and too soon. I'd love to be wrong, espcially if it was the Dunfermline gig, which I'm going to but I don't think so. I'll be the first to recant if "MORRISSEY: LIVE AT THE ALAHAMBRA" is announced on TTY soon.

I just can't see it for any of the dates announced so far. They're too small and too soon. I'd love to be wrong, espcially if it was the Dunfermline gig, which I'm going to but I don't think so. I'll be the first to recant if "MORRISSEY: LIVE AT THE ALAHAMBRA" is announced on TTY soon.

I do believe this small tour is gonna happen to promote Ver best of and show up that Morrissey is still "alive". I don't think that we'll have tour many dates...

I do believe this small tour is gonna happen to promote Ver best of and show up that Morrissey is still "alive". I don't think that we'll have tour many dates...

Yeah, that's what I mean. If Weitz is going to direct a concert it won't be for this tour. It will be for one in the future, which is as of now, unannounced. Possibly when there is a 'new' album to promote.

Yeah, that's what I mean. If Weitz is going to direct a concert it won't be for this tour. It will be for one in the future, which is as of now, unannounced. Possibly when there is a 'new' album to promote.

Unless this is the last tour Morrissey is going to do, and the setlist is going to be f***tastically good.

Unless this is the last tour Morrissey is going to do, and the setlist is going to be f***tastically good.

The setlist will be good but this is not the last tour. I have no info to back this up - I just know it.

Why do you think it won't be on this tour?
I'm not sure about how loong Morrissey will tour.. but we cannot consider so many years of gigs.

Back
Top Bottom