Chris Weitz to shoot Morrissey concert according to Tweet

Weitz mentioned that he approached Morrissey to write an original song for his new film (Brave Word? or something like that) but he declined as he wasn't 'in a writing phase'. I presume that through those discussions the subject of directing a live concert came up.

if i remember correctly "only" smiths songs popped up in films but never his solo work? and if it does then only s a cover like in that clooney movie

Go home. Put on some records and pine.

Smacks of complete and utter dickery. ENOUGH.

As an added note, why couldn't Mr Tseng do away with the anonymouse option?
It's the worst thing this site has going for it.

I agree! Get rid of it :)

I find this interesting and exciting. It's great news. I 'd like to know why he wants Chris Weitz to shoot it, of course. But I like his work (Weitz), so I can't see how it's a terrible thing, or a reason to strike out at the idea because you're not a Twilight fan - especially when a Morrissey Live DVD is certainly always welcoming news.

Yeah there really is no point raggin' on Weitz's work in relation to this Moz project. What input is he going to have really? Put the cameras here, there, make sure you get some shots of him singing... oh yeah and some crowd shots too, that'd be good! :)

Thanks - I only read what was on the main page here. Should've checked out the other tweets.

Seems like a Moz fan suggested Morrissey music for "A Better Life" (story of an Hispanic kid who gets away from gang-infested L.A. through landscaping for the rich across the country) and Weitz had already asked him for an original track. Sure First of the Gang, or even Ganglord, aren't new but it would've been excellent to see them in a real film. Looks like a good one, too.

Weitz mentioned that he approached Morrissey to write an original song for his new film (Brave Word? or something like that) but he declined as he wasn't 'in a writing phase'. I presume that through those discussions the subject of directing a live concert came up.

As usual there are big gaps in the reporting. Where and how did Moz and Weitz meet. Why did Morrissey ask Weitz -- was it because of Chuck & Buck or his directing on Twilight: New Moon (Morrissey wants to meet Pattinson), both, neither? Enquiring minds want to know!

reporting? It's a freakin' tweet from this director dude.

Re: Article: Christ Weitz to shoot Morrissey concert according to Tweet

Especially since Weitz is American.

There have been lots of gigs proffessionally taped,I guess Morrissey got a room full
of filmtapes, and the gigs get recorded via the PA.
[he might rent an apartment for his collection, not his gold and personal public handovers, or by other mucisians]

might be a good question, iof you bumb into him.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Presumably because Mr Tseng isn't bothered that people post anonymosly.

David is, he's gone through some rough allegation even from lawyers, David is man
who would not risk that 10 times a year or even another dig at his site via TTY

no David has learned, and confirms who the anonymous is, he just backs up
for the anonymous, I 100% know David knows who article sender is, that wont go via
an anonymous emailadres

Last edited:
Go home. Put on some records and pine.

Smacks of complete and utter dickery. ENOUGH.

As an added note, why couldn't Mr Tseng do away with the anonymouse option?
It's the worst thing this site has going for it.

Are you going to cry about it, Georgie? Perhaps if you told the teacher that the kids were smoking in the boy's room, that would make you feel better, YOU BIG BABY? I doubt Tseng needs your cry-baby advice, he runs the site just fine.

David is, he gone through some rough allegation even from lawyers, David is amn
who would nit riskthat 10 times a year or even anotherdig at his site via TTY

no David has learned, and confirms who the anonymous is, he just backs up
for the anonymous, I 100% know David knows who article sender is, that wont go via
an anonymous emailadres

Is this David's lawyer and do you speak engrish?

Is this David's lawyer and do you speak engrish?

no just a Dutch lad.

but have been since 1999, so now a bit what happens here, and I'm a hasty
and make dumbs errors, everyone here knows, It's iritating I know

but can you replie something according this topic

everyday hates coming sunday

Are you going to cry about it, Georgie? Perhaps if you told the teacher that the kids were smoking in the boy's room, that would make you feel better, YOU BIG BABY? I doubt Tseng needs your cry-baby advice, he runs the site just fine.

When you have something intelligent, or at least half-way witty to say on the topic, I MIGHT listen to it. Until then, f*** off with you, anonymouse. Seriously.

I won't cry about it. I really won't. I will pine, however, for the days where being a fan of Morrissey meant that you had style, wit, and grace. You have none of the above, and I wish you and I could see face to face, dear. So I could smash every tooth in your head. Or, at the very least, buy you a pint and ask you why you are such an ignoramus. :D

When you have something intelligent, or at least half-way witty to say on the topic, I MIGHT listen to it. Until then, f*** off with you, anonymouse. Seriously.

Ummm, you already did listen, chief.

I won't cry about it.

You already did cry, dude.

I really won't. I will pine, however, for the days where being a fan of Morrissey meant that you had style, wit, and grace.

You sound like Ambrosine Phillpotts.
You have none of the above,
How would you know, you don't even know me?

and I wish you and I could see face to face, dear. So I could smash every tooth in your head.

Violence (or the threat thereof) has always been a sign of intelligence and suppressed sexual attraction. I'll take that as a compliment.

Or, at the very least, buy you a pint and ask you why you are such an ignoramus. :D

I don't take drinks with fools, so your quest is useless, probably like your life. Better yet, you should probably rush out and get laid. Lighten up, chief.

Back
Top Bottom