Chrissie Hynde defends Morrissey in interview

Scans from James.

Mail on Sunday ‘Event’ magazine, 04/08/18.

Excerpt:

She defends her pal Morrissey, who has recently been accused of racism for speaking out in favour of the far-right For Britain party and having described the Chinese as 'a sub-species' in 2010.

'I'm proud to be one of what he calls his seven friends,' smiles Hynde. 'He made a reference to the Chinese and that got him into trouble, but he was talking about the practices of how they treat dogs and put them in cages and bludgeon them to death. He's an animal-rights guy and he gets emotionally upset by the treatment of animals.'

She still sometimes meets Morrissey 'for an impromptu pint' at her local pub in Maida Vale, west London.

43823_hynde_event_20180804_2.jpg

43824_hynde_event_20180804.jpg

Definitely a show of support for Morrissey but she only made reference to the 2010 Chinese sub-species comment. I wouldn't exactly call it an endorsement of all he's done and said over the past year.

On another note, who would've guessed that the Italian police incident of last summer would be such an omen of the trouble to come?

Last edited:
Regarding the ‘sub-species ‘:rolleyes: comment. Unlike the trolls that post here, she knows how to understand what she reads.

:cool:

o_O
Of course Moz is right about China, they eat kittens and puppies FFS how can anyone defend such a thing.:crazy:
Dogs and cats are mans best friends!! Yet the eat them up:catface::dogface::expressionless:

Definitely a show of support for Morrissey but she only made reference to the 2010 Chinese sub-species comment. I wouldn't exactly call it an endorsement of all he's done and said over the past year.

On another note, who would've guessed that the Italian police incident of last summer would be such an omen of the trouble to come.

I still think that kinda badass honestly and showed some balls I don’t think people believed morrissey possessed. Most so called punk rockers wouldn’t have the guts to just walk away

To be fair to Boy George, he did recently say that he was loving Low In High School. There are ways of showing support, and to show support without being prompted could be seen as admitting there's a problem, but if asked then I would like them to be supportive even if it's to say that Morrissey doesn't have to explain himself to anybody.

The reason why his friends and celebrity fans aren't throwing their support behind his recent comments is because they don't spend all day on Breitbart and his comments don't reflect their views. You'd think by landing on here - according to claims by said people - that people are now all far right. It just isn't the case though, most people just want to get on with their day.

Like you say with Boy George and here with Chrissy, if somebody is a friend you can show support without supporting their bullshit. I can't imagine for one minute George or Chrissy have any solidarity with what he's been spouting but like when our own friends act up, you tend not to hang them out to dry.

The reason why his friends and celebrity fans aren't throwing their support behind his recent comments is because they don't spend all day on Breitbart and his comments don't reflect their views. You'd think by landing on here - according to claims by said people - that people are now all far right. It just isn't the case though, most people just want to get on with their day.

Like you say with Boy George and here with Chrissy, if somebody is a friend you can show support without supporting their bullshit. I can't imagine for one minute George or Chrissy have any solidarity with what he's been spouting but like when our own friends act up, you tend not to hang them out to dry.
What is, in your opinion, the worst thing Morrissey has said ?

I still think that kinda badass honestly and showed some balls I don’t think people believed morrissey possessed. Most so called punk rockers wouldn’t have the guts to just walk away

Perhaps - and getting offtopic - but I don't think we ever got the full story. There was posturing on both sides and then the whole thing went away with no further mention. Just another example of the bizarre behavior over the past year (or 13 months to be accurate).

So what you are saying is... people who put dogs in cages, torture and beat them to death so that can eat them are NOT a sub-species of human beings? Smh...

So what you are saying is... people who put dogs in cages, torture and beat them to death so that can eat them are NOT a sub-species of human beings? Smh...

Plenty of people in Europe and the Americas also do that to other animal species. It seems rather odd to single out the Chinese for opprobrium. Or Muslims for that matter. One might even conclude that he has an ulterior motive in singling out those particular groups of people.

Plenty of people in Europe and the Americas also do that to other animal species. It seems rather odd to single out the Chinese for opprobrium. Or Muslims for that matter. One might even conclude that he has an ulterior motive in singling out those particular groups of people.

:crazy:
Peeps in Europe and the USA dont eat kittens and puppies FFS are you INSANE?:crazy:
Maybe in Islam but what would you expect.
In the USA and Europe you would get arrested ASAP:rolleyes:

There is an easy explanation to this.

The Chinese are famed the world over for being particularly brutal to animals.

Hence they're seen by many animal lovers across the globe as a sub-species.

It's not a conundrum.

On another note, who would've guessed that the Italian police incident of last summer would be such an omen of the trouble to come.
I've got to say, I would. I thought at the time it was such bizarre, paranoid behaviour that it was obvious something wasn't right. But it was definitely foreshadowed (and out-knobbed) by Paris-For-Profit and the 'Any other artist would be number one right now' letter by 'Boz'.

I do think he's not right and I say that not even because of what he's saying but the fact that he's saying it at all - telling us to vote for some bigoted crank, posting rambling, ill-informed diatribes, stirring up a hornet's nest with jibes that he knows will cause a shitstorm for attention, the fake Riggers 'interview', the sycophantic Fiona Dodwell 'interview'... This has been simmering away for years but it's suddenly escalated in the last year or two and frankly smacks of desperation. Offset that against dwindling sales, a tour that's just been partly abandoned, music which (he must know in his heart of hearts) is not his best, and he starts to look like somebody quite fragile. Perhaps that's the main reason why his closest friends are being supportive.

I think in reality very few people are far right.

It's typical of you to think that everyone with an alternative opinion sits around watching obvious Jewish anti-Muslim propaganda like Breitbart. You're living in a cartoon world where you can't see beyond stereotypes.

The reality is that a lot of people are realising that the left-liberalism we're being ordered by the mass media to rigidly adhere to might not be in our best interests. That doesn't however make all dissenters far right.

Anyone who that is a sub-species of human! Morrissey was pointing out the Chinese because they have a festivals to celebrate it!

Anyone who that is a sub-species of human! Morrissey was pointing out the Chinese because they have a festivals to celebrate it!

Plenty of places have festivals celebrating local produce and foods, meat included. I once attended the 'Most Beautiful Cow in d'Abondance' festival. Are the French also a 'sub-species?'

That's right Ms. Chrissie... "'Cause I gonna make you see, There's nobody else here, No one like me, I'm special, so special" Always have supported her from way back!!!

Yeah, course he was.

1) If you're bothered by that, then you should be bothered by what goes on behind the doors of every abattoir every second of every day. When did you last protest against that?
2) Saying you're supportive of a particular party like For Britain( As I've said before) because of their animal-friendly policies, is like saying you joined the KKK for the comfortable clothing.

Stop being simple.

Yeah, course he was.

1) If you're bothered by that, then you should be bothered by what goes on behind the doors of every abattoir every second of every day. When did you last protest against that?
2) Saying you're supportive of a particular party like For Britain( As I've said before) because of their animal-friendly policies, is like saying you joined the KKK for the comfortable clothing.

Stop being simple.
Be brave. Tell us your views on Halal and Kosher meats too. It’s simple.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom