Chrissie Hynde defends Morrissey in interview

Scans from James.

Mail on Sunday ‘Event’ magazine, 04/08/18.

Excerpt:

She defends her pal Morrissey, who has recently been accused of racism for speaking out in favour of the far-right For Britain party and having described the Chinese as 'a sub-species' in 2010.

'I'm proud to be one of what he calls his seven friends,' smiles Hynde. 'He made a reference to the Chinese and that got him into trouble, but he was talking about the practices of how they treat dogs and put them in cages and bludgeon them to death. He's an animal-rights guy and he gets emotionally upset by the treatment of animals.'

She still sometimes meets Morrissey 'for an impromptu pint' at her local pub in Maida Vale, west London.

43823_hynde_event_20180804_2.jpg

43824_hynde_event_20180804.jpg

Plenty of places have festivals celebrating local produce and foods, meat included. I once attended the 'Most Beautiful Cow in d'Abondance' festival. Are the French also a 'sub-species?'

Have you not seen the treatment of the animals? If you have and you claim to be a Moz fan but yet you still can't understand where he was coming from.... then please, just stop commenting.... you just look stupid.

Have you not seen the treatment of the animals? If you have and you claim to be a Moz fan but yet you still can't understand where he was coming from.... then please, just stop commenting.... you just look stupid.

Calling people stupid? Naughty, naughty. It's B.A.D. You'd never catch me doing it. Oh no.

You're not very good at this, are you?

All about the animals, and not the brown people. Gotcha.

I can understand where he is coming from. I'm asking you why, in the World of Morrissey, the Chinese are a sub-species and the French are not?

I think it's really cute you've come here to try and make an argument, but you are so obviously way, way out of your depth, you are going to get torn to shreds.

Retire gracefully.

I can understand where he is coming from. I'm asking you why, in the World of Morrissey, the Chinese are a sub-species and the French are not?
Fois Gras is every bit as horrible as eating a dog. That's the thing that bothers me, is that he's very selective about what is and isn't a deal breaker regarding animal cruelty. Like you said, the Chinese are a subspecies, the French are not. The murder of seals in Canada is worth a 25 year ongoing ban, yet whale slaughter in Japan isn't worthy of a tour ban. Mexico is not known for a progressive attitudes toward animals, yet off he goes.
This attitude makes him appear complacent in the atrocity, given that he turns a blind eye so freely when there is money to be made and only makes huge statements and stands in select places.

I think it's really cute you've come here to try and make an argument, but you are so obviously way, way out of your depth, you are going to get torn to shreds.

Retire gracefully.

Bottom line is this is a forum for his fans. If you are no longer a fan, why are you here? Oh yeah, because you're a troll!I don't feed trolls... so you'll get no more responses from me. Now get back to class... it's probably nap time now lil buddy.

The Maida Vale area of London has produced a lot of young second generation home grown jihadis. Fact.
Cool. And there's lots of black folks in Georgia, but I'd never dream of calling it N****** central because I'm not a piece of shit that paints entire people with the same brush. Fact.

Bottom line is this is a forum for his fans. If you are no longer a fan, why are you here? Oh yeah, because you're a troll!I don't feed trolls... so you'll get no more responses from me. Now get back to class... it's probably nap time now lil buddy.
Yeah, whatever. You know my history on this site, do you? Go home. And I repeat, you are really, really shit at this. Goodbye.

Yeah, course he was.

1) If you're bothered by that, then you should be bothered by what goes on behind the doors of every abattoir every second of every day. When did you last protest against that?
2) Saying you're supportive of a particular party like For Britain( As I've said before) because of their animal-friendly policies, is like saying you joined the KKK for the comfortable clothing.

Stop being simple.
https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...31350507/Animal_welfare_policy.pdf?1531350507

Cool. And there's lots of black folks in Georgia, but I'd never dream of calling it N****** central because I'm not a piece of shit that paints entire people with the same brush. Fact.
Maida Vale has thrown up an abnormal amount of Brit born jihadis considering there are many other areas of London with much larger Muslim populations. Should every flippant comment be analysed and policed for its level of political correctness? I don't think so.

PS I pronounce you guilty of thoughtcrime!

Maida Vale has thrown up an abnormal amount of Brit born jihadis considering there are many other areas of London with much larger Muslim populations. Should every flippant comment be analysed and policed for its level of political correctness? I don't think so.
I think people should be weighed on an individual basis by the merits of their actions despite the ones who turn out bad. I think that all humans want the same basic things and we give to much power to the fringe minority because they make good headlines and we live in a shock based attention deficit disorder society.

Be brave. Tell us your views on Halal and Kosher meats too. It’s simple.
Yeah, simple. It’s all disgusting. Kosher, halal, the western way. It’s all murder and torture. There’s no such thing as a nice way to be slaughtered, maimed and abused.

Jesse, Damon, Gustavo (?) and...Tina Deghani?
think it would be the ones who appeared in the importance of being Morrissey,people like linder,micheal bracewell.bandmates don't count as they are work colleagues.

I think people should be weighed on an individual basis by the merits of their actions despite the ones who turn out bad. I think that all humans want the same basic things and we give to much power to the fringe minority because they make good headlines and we live in a shock based attention deficit disorder society.
I agree, but being too touchy about flippant speech doesn't help. Nobody should be scared about the next words that are coming out of their mouth in case it inadvertently upsets somebody. That isn't the way things should be. But I feel we're being pressurized into thinking that way.

I think it would be interesting to do a study comparing the health of non-smoking, teetotal meateaters against heavy drinking, smoking vegans. The result might be surprising. If you're going to lead an unhealthy lifestyle I'd recommend being vegan to counteract it. Jamie Oliver has demonised sugar but I think ANY bad diet or lifestyle choices are exacerbated by eating meat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or you know, comments like "Jihadi central." Birds of a feather flock together and all that.
Yes, imagine Moz would have said ‘Jihadi central’. Twitter would explode, the Guardian would write another advice to the nation, the narrow-minded here would be foaming at their months.
But when Chrissy says it nobody seems to care.
How strange.

Yes, imagine Moz would have said ‘Jihadi central’. Twitter would explode, the Guardian would write another advice to the nation, the narrow-minded here would be foaming at their months.
But when Chrissy says it nobody seems to care.
How strange.
I care.

I agree, but being too touchy about flippant speech doesn't help. Nobody should be scared about the next words that are coming out of their mouth in case it inadvertently upsets somebody. That isn't the way things should be. But I feel we're being pressurized into thinking that way.
Flippant speech, sure. We all say things in the course of a week that would look odd out of context. But most of us aren't doing interviews for publication. If I were, I'd weigh my words carefully. In this case, she defends Morrissey in one breath, and his recent narrative in the next. I'm not out in the street shouting at people for using turns of phrase, but that's an example where if one of my friends said it, I'd probably just say "you know, you aren't being helpful", or like I said initially, "gross."

Back
Top Bottom