Citypages.com - We hate it when our friends become resentful: Coming to terms with Morrissey in 2017

Thank you for finally posting an article that is critical of Morrissey. As the moderator of a Morrissey fan website, you must be tempted to post only positive and upbeat news. Well done for resisting.

Thank you for finally posting an article that is critical of Morrissey. As the moderator of a Morrissey fan website, you must be tempted to post only positive and upbeat news. Well done for resisting.

Find and post whatever you like. No one is stopping you, and no one will stop you. Go find any article you like and post it. Go ahead.

All Morrissey has done is to give his opinion in an interview. That's all! Just his opinion. Whether or not he did say what we've read is up for debate. However, a little perspective is needed. Again!

John Lennon used to hit women:

"PLAYBOY: "Getting Better."

LENNON: It is a diary form of writing. All that "I used to be cruel to my woman, I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved" was me. I used to be cruel to my woman, and physically -- any woman. I was a hitter. I couldn't express myself and I hit. I fought men and I hit women. That is why I am always on about peace, you see. It is the most violent people who go for love and peace. Everything's the opposite. But I sincerely believe in love and peace. I am not violent man who has learned not to be violent and regrets his violence. I will have to be a lot older before I can face in public how I treated women as a youngster."
http://www.recmusicbeatles.com/public/files/bbs/jl_yo.playboy/lennon4.html

Have any fans thrown out their Beatles/Lennon albums because of that fact? I haven't!

As for Harvey Weinstein, will people continue to watch Pulp Fiction and all the other great Miramax films? Yes they will.

Will people still watch Kevin Spacey films? You better believe it. Baby Driver is still available to buy everywhere. Here in the UK you can buy and rent it on Sky where it has a rating of 4.5 stars.

tldr

Who gives a f*** what Morrissey did or didn't say in an interview?

Who gives a f*** what Morrissey did or didn't say in an interview?

Well...Morrissey may have forgiven Jesus, or so we are to believe based on his own song, but will Jesus forgive Morrissey and the others you mentioned may be a more important question. From what you've written there is no difference between John Lennon and Charles Manson. I am sure there are a few...very few...that still listen to his music. If one is an Atheist, and that turns out to be correct, then there is nothing to worry about. But if one believes, like Morrissey does, that there is a God, then everyone will be held accountable for their words and actions whether they take responsibility for them in this world or not.

What the public at large decides to do or not do regarding the earthly doings of any one individual is up to them, but if there is some great beyond where we are judged for our words and actions, then these earthly doings will be addressed and redressed in the end. I have no idea what Kevin Spacey did or didn't do. If it can be proven that he broke the law, then he should be punished, but I believe that we all will have to answer for our sins in some way. But who knows really?

Yeah, John Lennon was too hypocritical for me to like. I'll stick with Morrissey. I just don't see things the way Annie Zaleski does. She just wants to be politically correct! And I don't know what she's talking about when she suggests there is camaraderie among fans. I see them push and shove each other out of the way.

Victims can be vilified when they allow the next person in line to walk into the same trap. Did you see the actress on TV saying that Nick Cater raped her, but she was afraid objecting would smear her lovely career? She even continued to work with him instead of renegotiating her contract. She refused the rape kit too. Now she's like, "Believe me or not! It's #MeToo time!"

"taying silent in the face of vile" crimes is bad. Viewpoints, on the other hand, are fine.

Zaleski is missing out on #LowInHighSchool. So sad, but oh well.

#TimeDoAsMozWish

Find and post whatever you like. No one is stopping you, and no one will stop you. Go find any article you like and post it. Go ahead.

And now for my impersonation of Unkleskinny:

:head-smack:

All these years of bitterness and Morrissey just keeps winning.

It's now clear that the 'difficult conversation' which myself & others instigated on these forums over the last decade has finally broken through to change the media consensus on Morrissey. The revulsion at his behaviour is part of the reason why LIHS is now a marketing 'corpse' but the rubbish lyrics would have damned it to irrelevance without #Spaceygate

Most 'fans' haven't exercised critical thinking skills to rationally interrogate Morrissey's preposterous claims to be an Outsider Radical in Art. That's because most of them simply get too much endorphin release and intoxication from his voice. But those of us who are part of the wider Audience beyond the Cult have also found the same release & intoxication in his voice without surrendering to his bizarre and ugly interior landscape. He is an absolute failure, a pariah and his legacy is in ruins. Karma is a bitch....there's a continuum of 'problematic' in relating to Artists and Art, from John Lennon to Morrissey to Charles Manson to Gary Glitter. Morrissey has now moved irrevocably along that continuum towards ostracisation from the very 'fan' community that supports him. Would he make the same remarks about Gary Glitter that he did about Kevin Spacey? Jimmy Savile? Etc. He is now laughing stock but it long ago reached the point where he can no longer be merely dismissed as a provocative Clown-Troll. I raised the alarm here years ago, so did others. The Cult is now collapsing: "everybody's heading for the exit..."

Mission Accomplished. But it's all rather sad when you think what Morrissey could have achieved if he'd been able to reign in the nonsense....

best
BB

"If dogged fans were willfully sticking their fingers in their ears in the past, pretending they didn’t want to hear the truth, there is something different this time, particularly at a moment where consumers of culture — be it film, comedy or music — are not putting up with this type of shit anymore.....

I can say that it feels shameful to remain a Morrissey fan at this moment in 2017....."

Annie Zaleski

It's now clear that the 'difficult conversation' which myself & others instigated on these forums over the last decade has finally broken through to change the media consensus on Morrissey. The revulsion at his behaviour is part of the reason why LIHS is now a marketing 'corpse' but the rubbish lyrics would have damned it to irrelevance without #Spaceygate

Most 'fans' haven't exercised critical thinking skills to rationally interrogate Morrissey's preposterous claims to be an Outsider Radical in Art. That's because most of them simply get too much endorphin release and intoxication from his voice. But those of us who are part of the wider Audience beyond the Cult have also found the same release & intoxication in his voice without surrendering to his bizarre and ugly interior landscape. He is an absolute failure, a pariah and his legacy is in ruins. Karma is a bitch....there's a continuum of 'problematic' in relating to Artists and Art, from John Lennon to Morrissey to Charles Manson to Gary Glitter. Morrissey has now moved irrevocably along that continuum towards ostracisation from the very 'fan' community that supports him. Would he make the same remarks about Gary Glitter that he did about Kevin Spacey? Jimmy Savile? Etc. He is now laughing stock but it long ago reached the point where he can no longer be merely dismissed as a provocative Clown-Troll. I raised the alarm here years ago, so did others. The Cult is now collapsing: "everybody's heading for the exit..."

Mission Accomplished. But it's all rather sad when you think what Morrissey could have achieved if he'd been able to reign in the nonsense....

best
BB

"If dogged fans were willfully sticking their fingers in their ears in the past, pretending they didn’t want to hear the truth, there is something different this time, particularly at a moment where consumers of culture — be it film, comedy or music — are not putting up with this type of shit anymore.....

I can say that it feels shameful to remain a Morrissey fan at this moment in 2017....."

Annie Zaleski

:lbf: No one's got time to read this bullshit.

:lbf: No one's got time to read this bullshit.

But you have time to type a reply to release your trapped emotional response to my words. Revealing.....

As The Cult collapses more and more expressions of anger, bewilderment & denial emerge...

But you have time to type a reply to release your trapped emotional response to my words. Revealing.....

As The Cult collapses more and more expressions of anger, bewilderment & denial emerge...

:lbf: Just have to see your name and know it's some bullshit.

I've hated Morrissey since the start.I approve very much of his lyrics but find him to be incredibly dull,shitty and unremarkable as a person.
Now I believe he is a Nazi. Right? Wrong
He is saying what we are all saying.I've been a member of the BNP for seven years now and Morrissey is our unofficial God.He's bang on, it's ok for us to be nationalists.
Stop immigrants.
Send them home.

We love you moz.

best
BB

Annie Zaleski
You're right, Morrissey's career is in absolute tatters, and it's all because of you. Nurse - please increase the dose and tighten the straps!

oh my poor poor Brummie ... what would you do if it collapsed ?!

what 'cult' then would you follow?.. where would you direct all that hatred ?

stay here Brummie, even after the 'collapse', we will take care of you, and give you the attention you so desperately crave with the occasional reply.

;)

Last edited:
Would he make the same remarks about Gary Glitter that he did about Kevin Spacey?

He did this back in 2006 during promotion for Ringleader of the Tormentors in a couple of print interviews. He didn't go so far as to defend Glitter - he wasn't quite in the self-destruct mode then that he is now - but he was speaking positively of Glitter's music and intentionally being provocative. Nudging the line without fully stepping over it. It's apparent that Morrissey has the same cult mindset that his own 'fans' have. Like them, he will defend absolutely anything if the person in question has created art that he appreciates. To Morrissey, there's no-one more important than the Artist. They're put on a moral pedestal in his mind where due to their talent and creativity they are permitted to get away with horrible deeds which he would have no problem condemning the man on the street for committing. He said in the Der Spiegel interview about Bowie allegedly sleeping with an underage groupie, that it was "completely normal" then. This from the man who claimed "there's no such thing in life as normal". His thinking on the matter doesn't go much farther than that. Musicians/Film Stars/Playwrights etc. are his Philosopher Kings. No act committed by them is too egregious because they have the ability to Create, and add glamour to his world. Whatever misery they may have inflicted on people in their personal lives is just treated as an inconvenience -- the victims when they speak out are considered by Morrissey to be a nuisance for damaging artists' reputations thereby interfering with their creative process and output.

Last edited:
yeah, because he's a big fan of Spacey and Weinstein's work, they are both GREAT ARTISTS to him, so yeah, of course it's no surprise he would 'defend' two artists work that have shaped his own work so much.

:rolleyes:

He did this back in 2006 during promotion for Ringleader of the Tormentors in a couple of print interviews. He didn't go so far as to defend Glitter - he wasn't quite in the self-destruct mode then that he is now - but he was speaking positively of Glitter's music and intentionally being provocative. Nudging the line without fully stepping over it. It's apparent that Morrissey has the same cult mindset that his own 'fans' have. Like them, he will defend absolutely anything if the person in question has created art that he appreciates. To Morrissey, there's no-one more important than the Artist. They're put on a moral pedestal in his mind where due to their talent and creativity they are permitted to get away with horrible deeds which he would have no problem condemning the man on the street for committing. He said in the Der Spiegel interview about Bowie allegedly sleeping with an underage groupie, that it was "completely normal" then. This from the man who claimed "there's no such thing in life as normal". His thinking on the matter doesn't go much farther than that. Musicians/Film Stars/Playwrights etc. are his Philosopher Kings. No act committed by them is too egregious because they have the ability to Create, and add glamour to his world. Whatever misery they may have inflicted on people in their personal lives is just treated as an inconvenience -- the victims when they speak out are considered by Morrissey to be a nuisance for damaging artists' careers thereby interfering with their creative process and output.

What a wonderful synopsis!

Thank you so much. This is a neat summation of the dreadful pre-cursor to his current cognitive apocalypse. I don't recall those interviews. I'm not really that much of a 'fan' but I can grasp it all with my super-sleuth search-engine mad skillz. That's one of the reasons GCHQ recruited me as a spy. Sort of online James Bond...

best
BB

I've hated Morrissey since the start.I approve very much of his lyrics but find him to be incredibly dull,shitty and unremarkable as a person.
Now I believe he is a Nazi. Right? Wrong
He is saying what we are all saying.I've been a member of the BNP for seven years now and Morrissey is our unofficial God.He's bang on, it's ok for us to be nationalists.
Stop immigrants.
Send them home.

We love you moz.

The Art of Trolling has moved on:

'Ironic gesturing Basement-dwelling teenage Bitcoin Billionare EdgeLord' doesn't really cut it anymore.

Ironic Alt-Right-On-ness isn't Current Year, it's very, very last year, dear....you could at least have copied Trump's Britain First tweets if you were serious about winding up the moderators here.

You need to be a little more focussed. Pay attention! Your attempt should have landed on the 'NYC Madison Gardens didn't sell out, just The Theatre next door' thread where The Cult are in stitches about Moz's slap-stick stand up clown-arse , giving *CLAPS*, jazz-hands & a drum roll to Moarrissey Trump trollin with 'Trump-Shifters Of The World'.....now, there's a lesson in aphorism genie-us-isms...almost pantomime level...after that video for 'Jacky' the panto season on some windy pier can't be far off.....

I trust they Moderating Authority Figures are not going to donate a rage spiral to your Troll Token stash. But if they do.....I guess it's 'moar lulz'...actually.....is this my son? Upstairs?......how droll, trolling Daddy....FAIL!

Son & 50% heir:Isn't it time you grew out of your 4chan phase?

Just watch when I get my new Dodge Charger and I drive around town blasting Low In High School on a steady loop. People are going to see and hear me and say "there goes somebody". It's coming.

Just watch when I get my new Dodge Charger and I drive around town blasting Low In High School on a steady loop. People are going to see and hear me and say "there goes somebody". It's coming.[/QUOTE

LOL
Can I sit on the passenger seat and can you occasionally interrupt the steady loop and hit the gas to hear that gorgeous engine sound and the gurgling of the exhaust?
Never mind about the people.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom