Classic Pop: Sparks on Morrissey - "it's saddening, very disheartening"

In a new interview in Classic Pop, the Sparks are asked about Morrissey.
"We love so much of what he's done, to see his stance against humanity seems so contradictory. From his music we thought inclusion would be part of his views. When it comes to us versus them,
Morrissey seems to be on the side of them. It's very disheartening."

Scan posted by Famous when dead:

full

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
You're doing the same thing - taking it out of context.

Look at his statement about Orlando - look at his hatred of Blair & Bush in his autobiography & look at Anne Marie's journey from the left - you're stuck with quoting short passages or single sentences - otherwise it wouldn't hold up.
"I dont hate Pakistanis - I just immensely dislike them."

Is that one out of context too?

I can't police you on this forum.
Lefties love to police people's thoughts and words. If you go off script they come down on you with the full force of their "authoritarian law". Which is why Morrissey and Starkey are cancelled.

Lefties love to police people's thoughts and words. If you go off script they come down on you with the full force of their "authoritarian law". Which is why Morrissey and Starkey are cancelled.

Well - I don't do that. I say what I think I'm seeing & I back it up with evidence.

Are the lyrics of Bengali in Platforms unverifiable?

That song sends leftist authoritarians into fits of sanctimoniousness.

I love it. Not every person earth belongs in England.

It's a song it's not a manifesto & you're still ignoring almost everything he's ever said to focus on the handful of word crimes that get endlessly cut n pasted.

Why don't Russell just talk to Moz then.
Bein' so disheartened seems like a good reason to talk to Moz.
Maybe the fax machine broke.

I’m not going to read this thread, but I assume it’s nearly 10 pages now of the usual suspects saying how Sparks suck and that the world is overrun by wokeness or something because the Maels expressed a really mild and reasonable thought? Do I win something?

Are the lyrics of Bengali in Platforms unverifiable?

That song sends leftist authoritarians into fits of sanctimoniousness.

I love it. Not every person earth belongs in England.
It might well send 'leftist authoritarians' into fits of sanctimony but as I am not one I couldn't say. I've never subscribed to the view that 'Bengali' is racist in tone - the worst that I would say about it is that it demonstrates Morrissey's ignorance about the living conditions of people who might want to come to this country.

It might well send 'leftist authoritarians' into fits of sanctimony but as I am not one I couldn't say. I've never subscribed to the view that 'Bengali' is racist in tone - the worst that I would say about it is that it demonstrates Morrissey's ignorance about the living conditions of people who might want to come to this country.

I'm convinced it's based on a tv show or a film - those lemon sole platforms are too vivid & odd to be entirely made up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh do f*** off with this horsehit. Go read this... https://medium.com/@FatGayVegan/steven-patrick-morrissey-and-the-mysterious-case-of-the-disappearing-uk-fanbase-419ad5cfcfc0 , then tell me his support for For Britain was for the reason you state. Wasn't a one off opinion, was it? Why didn't he support the Greens or Lib Dems for their animal stances? Why did he support the party that doesn't like brown people, and somehow tallies with all his other comments as laid out in the link I give? And you are saying IF the things he said were true? It's all there in black and white. Even the Der Spiegel transcript, which he initially denied. Can you think of a link that brings all these points together? Can you? Hmmmm?

FatGayVegan is an idiot. He recently helped destroy the livelihoods of two people running a vegan donut business in Leeds by jumping into the Twitter pile-on accusing them of being ‘Nazis’. Truth is they were both Corbynite Labour supporters but the left have a permanent boner for exposing secret Nazis that don’t exist, so their lives and business had to be mercilessly driven into the ground by mob. So yeah, that’s that guy for you.

I’m not going to read this thread, but I assume it’s nearly 10 pages now of the usual suspects saying how Sparks suck and that the world is overrun by wokeness or something because the Maels expressed a really mild and reasonable thought? Do I win something?

We've pretty much left them out of it & gone straight into a battle about whether Morrissey has the same opinions as ReelFountain.

I'd say it's an astute observation on alienation. But that's just me.

'It's terrible about Tommy Robinson (being locked up)"

Actually he didn’t say that. He said the treatment of ‘Tommy Robinson’ was “shocking”. Funny because the judge at Mr Yaxley-Lennon’s appeal also agreed and overturned the initial ruling before putting him through the proper process again. The point is, regardless of what your opinion on ‘Tommy Robinson’ is, being sent straight to prison to serve a sentence within a few hours of being arrested with minimal access to legal representation is shocking in a democratic society.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom